Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, white noise said:

Nixon reckons that anyone who ‘really’ wants it can complete quickly , even if they are currently behind in the process.

Nixon is well informed and I'm sure he broadly knows the score - but I'm unconvinced it will be easy for a party who hasn't undertaken due diligence to complete by tomorrow. In reality this is still a business decision involving millions of pounds of someone's money - and as much as Nixon will say its easy - I doubt the rich individuals backing any bid will just throw money in and hope for the best. 

24 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Nobody knows.....

Pretty much my thoughts on it. I just hope its someone who can afford to get us a decent side to get us promoted next year from League one and entertain us a little. 

All this finance stuff is making my head hurt.  I can follow the first bits of info but once it goes beyond he lent it to them who then charged something to someone else, I rapidly lose interest.  Is it safe to say everyone involved is in some way a greedy tosser, some more so than others?

On SSN last night our story was reported with Coventry's, Blackpool's and Charlton's financial woes. Our situation sounded the most positive!

2 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I'm no legal expert either but I found this interesting from the same Progress Report from the Liquidator of Holdsworth's SSBWFC -

"The initial assessment identified matters that warranted further investigation.  A creditor has raised a potential avenue of recovery which we are currently investigating.  We cannot provide any further detail at this stage in order to avoid jeopardising the investigation".

I have posted before that Anderson had stated publicly about the £1 million in question - during the time of his public disagreements with Holdsworth.  

How else would I have known about it otherwise?

He's never mentioned it again until yesterday following the financial settlement between their legal representatives.

It does seem probable therefore that he came to some arrangement not to I would suggest.

I think so too, Sluffy?

7 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Have you ever seen Inception?

You might think that but I couldn't possibly comment.

"Inception" is an intense, complex story, but it's always coherent, imaginative, and entertaining ''

Come to think of it, if you leave out intense, complex and coherent that could be Big Sam's autobiography

Edited by Chris Custodiet

7 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

BOLTON. The Game of Thrones bit coming closer. The other way to skin the 🐱 Davies family having a major say in proceedings. They have given a loan and want it back. They could even deal with a buyer instead if Anderson stalls on paying them. They want Eddie’s money now.

So they should. Hope they get it.

4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

No ones going to pay a loan back for something they don't even own yet shirley?

They can if the loan was due back end of Feb, as if that was the case, Anderson loses his 94% of the club.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

BOLTON. The Game of Thrones bit coming closer. The other way to skin the 🐱 Davies family having a major say in proceedings. They have given a loan and want it back. They could even deal with a buyer instead if Anderson stalls on paying them. They want Eddie’s money now.

wonder what makes them think that woud happen

3 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Wonder if the Davies family are easier to deal with than Anderson? I bet Eddies family are sick to the back teeth of BWFC.

I would imagine they just want the money now, I don't believe his family have the same love for Bolton as he did.

48 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:
Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko 5m5 minutes ago
MoreON. The Gme of Thrones bit coming closer. The other way to skin the 🐱 Davies family having a major say in proceedings. They have given a loan and want it back. They could even deal with a buyer instead if Anderson stalls on paying them. They want Eddie’s money now.

Getting very interesting now.

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I suspect the Davies family don't particularly fancy getting involved in selling the club but have given Anderson the ultimatum, sell up, give us our money back and feck off or we will do it for you

ED loaned the £5 million to KA secured against his shares. KA loaned it to the club. If the Davies family take those shares, they own the club and owe KA £5 million.

In theory.

If Eddie Davies had been my father I would not have been very happy about the millions he pissed away on BWFC.

I hope the Davies family get some of their money back, they sure deserve it.

Edited by BUNBURY