Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yep - all penalties associated with admin - including points fine and transfer ban for 2 years would apply to a pre-pack....

Transfer ban would be appealed for mitigating circumstances due to new ownership.

16 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

The cost of ‘resetting’ the club which is to pay off all outstanding creditors and settle charges is £28.9M. That includes Moonshift, PBP, Brett, plus unsecured etc.

Moonshift won’t take control, period. 

A clever PE fund would acquire the business for £5M through buying the Moonshift debt and seizing control. They then arrange a pre-pack administration and settle the unsecured at discount with secured paid in full. 

The point I’m making is that Basran has the ability to obtain the club for £5M and then work with creditors on a staged repayment.

The  £28.9million sounds very specific. Can you break it down between secured and unsecured creditors?

3 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

£16M secured 

£12.9 unsecured (excluding players wages).

So the secured is?

Anderson                 5.0

PBP                          5.5

Warbuton                2.5

Interest & other?    3.0

What's the biggest unsecured?      

18 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Transfer ban would be appealed for mitigating circumstances due to new ownership.

It might be - but given admin almost always results in new ownership I'm not sure what grounds we'd have to circumvent the rules...

16 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

So the secured is?

Anderson                 5.0

PBP                          5.5

Warbuton                2.5

Interest & other?    3.0

What's the biggest unsecured?      

HMRC (not including any of the factoring companies as that’s quasi secure).

Inner C (Burnden Leisure) owe nearer £8M to Moonshift 

Edited by Howardroark
Addition

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

He was probably on lunch. We’re all invested in BWFC as fans, he’s not, he was decorating the day we could have been liquidated. 

You forget that his full time job is painting & decorating ( & eating fucking hobnobs), the journo thing is a little sideline...

44 minutes ago, Spider said:

He's shit

Even I knew this an hour ago

Does he get paid to be so shit?

Probably minimum wage, to be fair

26 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Many thanks.

Would that be £5m plus a bit of the old Moonshift debt not previously written off?

Surprised at the size of the unsecured creditors.

Charges and Debentures plus interest. 

Unsecured includes loans against future revenue (including that secured against EFL payments) hence the high figure. Hotel costs must be considered too within that figure and ‘football’ creditors.

Edited by Howardroark
Updated

What I can't seem to comprehend is why anyone would want to buy us?

Obviously folk do but what is their rationale?

On the face of it I guess is to achieve promotion to the Premier League riches - but that won't be happening for a year or three at best - and despite how much the new owners chuck at it, promotion isn't guaranteed.

Let us say for argument sake we get taken over very shortly by new owners but relegation to the third tier is inevitable.

The new owners would need to fund the club for the remainder of this season, the financial year ending at the end of July, so the running costs for wages alone at £600k per month would be £3 million.  Depending how the new owners purchases the club they would have to pay something for it and deal with at least some of the outstanding creditors (I mean the likes of James and Warburton who have deferred their settlement of their secured loans at least once already).

Again for argument sake let us say this is done by the means suggested by Howardroark (hello to the forum btw) which seems to involve the least up front costs to the purchaser of £5 million (plus of course hidden costs such as legal fees, etc).

So the new owners are in for £8 million and start next season at third tier level - and a drop of something like £7 million in revenue from being in the Championship.

I would suggest that to get promoted back at the first opportunity their would be a need to have a quality of squad commensurate with winning promotion and so a wage bill to enable that to be achieved.  Our wage bill is reportedly £600kpm (including Amos) so at a guess I suggest that would probably be around £450/500k per month or £5.4/6millon pa. (let's say £5.5 million as a sum to work with).

Let's also think there would be a transfer fund also, shall we say £3 million perhaps - subject to any embargo placed upon us.

Anderson claimed a year or so ago that the club would lose £6 million last season (it seemed to more or less breakeven due to the Madine sale) and breakeven this season - that of course is with the £7m premium of being in the Championship which will be lost - so I guess there will be a shortfall of some size for the new owners to find next season (bare in mind we ran an operational loss when we were promoted a couple of seasons back although we had a much higher wage bill at the time.  Let say the new owners need to find another £2 million to keep the club afloat next season.

So just to get promoted first time  to where we are now would cost them £13 million (£5m purchase, £3m wages this season as clearly there is nothing left in the pot until season end, £3m transfers, £2 million trading loss in the third tier) and that doesn't include paying off creditors such as James and Warburton).

Then if we really went for promotion the costs would really rocket for transfer purchases, increased wages and subsequent trading losses - and with no guarantee of promotion.

If we don't go up and go for it again - but if we fail - then we hit the buffers with FFP regulations and it's consequences.

And if we do go up then what will it cost to simply stop there - and the consequences if we don't?

Just seems a really crappy business plan to me unless you've got millions to piss away.

Obviously some folk do.

The only other thought I had business wise was if there was perhaps a plan to sell off assets such as the Hotel and maybe even the ground itself (the ACV ultimately would not stop such a thing)?

Maybe there are other ways I've not thought of?

Anyway better to live for another day and see what pans out.

5 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

On the face of it I guess is to achieve promotion to the Premier League riches - but that won't be happening for a year or three at best - and despite how much the new owners chuck at it, promotion isn't guaranteed.

Let us say for argument sake we get taken over very shortly by new owners but relegation to the third tier is inevitable.

The new owners would need to fund the club for the remainder of this season, the financial year ending at the end of July, so the running costs for wages alone at £600k per month would be £3 million.  Depending how the new owners purchases the club they would have to pay something for it and deal with at least some of the outstanding creditors (I mean the likes of James and Warburton who have deferred their settlement of their secured loans at least once already).

Again for argument sake let us say this is done by the means suggested by Howardroark (hello to the forum btw) which seems to involve the least up front costs to the purchaser of £5 million (plus of course hidden costs such as legal fees, etc).

So the new owners are in for £8 million and start next season at third tier level - and a drop of something like £7 million in revenue from being in the Championship.

I would suggest that to get promoted back at the first opportunity their would be a need to have a quality of squad commensurate with winning promotion and so a wage bill to enable that to be achieved.  Our wage bill is reportedly £600kpm (including Amos) so at a guess I suggest that would probably be around £450/500k per month or £5.4/6millon pa. (let's say £5.5 million as a sum to work with).

Let's also think there would be a transfer fund also, shall we say £3 million perhaps - subject to any embargo placed upon us.

Anderson claimed a year or so ago that the club would lose £6 million last season (it seemed to more or less breakeven due to the Madine sale) and breakeven this season - that of course is with the £7m premium of being in the Championship which will be lost - so I guess there will be a shortfall of some size for the new owners to find next season (bare in mind we ran an operational loss when we were promoted a couple of seasons back although we had a much higher wage bill at the time.  Let say the new owners need to find another £2 million to keep the club afloat next season.

So just to get promoted first time  to where we are now would cost them £13 million (£5m purchase, £3m wages this season as clearly there is nothing left in the pot until season end, £3m transfers, £2 million trading loss in the third tier) and that doesn't include paying off creditors such as James and Warburton).

Then if we really went for promotion the costs would really rocket for transfer purchases, increased wages and subsequent trading losses - and with no guarantee of promotion.

If we don't go up and go for it again - but if we fail - then we hit the buffers with FFP regulations and it's consequences.

And if we do go up then what will it cost to simply stop there - and the consequences if we don't?

Just seems a really crappy business plan to me unless you've got millions to piss away.

Obviously some folk do.

The only other thought I had business wise was if there was perhaps a plan to sell off assets such as the Hotel and maybe even the ground itself (the ACV ultimately would not stop such a thing)?

Because we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen..

11 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Charges and Debentures plus interest. 

Unsecured includes loans against future revenue (including that secured against EFL payments) hence the high figure. Hotel costs must be considered too within that figure and ‘football’ creditors.

Had heard we had borrowed a substantial sum against the EFL payment that came through in late January and presumed that was a one off  and is in part why our cash flow is now so dire  

The picture you are painting of borrowings against future  EFL payments begs the question where has all the cash gone with unsecured creditors at the levels they are ? 

14 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Obviously some folk do.

Glad you are back

ego

tax dodge

and Prem, as you say 

or they are fans!