Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

5 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Sorry, the assumption that I’m not supporters trust.

Ok see what you meant.Theres definitely something that's mysterious about you though.It doesn't stack up that out of the blue you turn up with all this knowledge and in depth detective work,about the takeover.And you have a definite agenda,but nobody as yet has worked out what it is.Supporters trust or not,you don't like basran or his cronies and as a so called fan whos just simply done his homework,your obvious dislike of basran et al,seems odd.

1 minute ago, blackleywhite said:

Christ.

I give zero fucks which side he's on or if he has one.

He give educated guesses on the information we know.

If I'm honest I feel educated by him.

Chill.

Kin ell,you sound like a black servant in 50s america😄

8 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

It’s not a dislike of him personally, I just don’t like the distortion of truth and I really don’t like the hype being created by this day to day soap opera. It doesn’t feel fair to fans.

So you definitely don't like the basran takeover that's very clear.If you thought this takeover was good for BWFC you would exept the things you've listed above,and say nowt negative about it.Thats my take on your views anyway.

Edited by Watsmore

1 minute ago, blackleywhite said:

Christ.

I give zero fucks which side he's on or if he has one.

He give educated guesses on the information we know.

If I'm honest I feel educated by him.

Chill.

Which is where I'm at. At least now I'm a bit more enlightened as to the supposed Basran bid

He could be a WUM, Supporters Trust, or Ken Anderson but at least I know a bit more now

Happy for Howard to keep posting his stuff

6 minutes ago, Watsmore said:

So you definitely don't like the basran takeover that's very clear.If you thought this takeover was good for BWFC you would exept the things you've listed above,and say nowt negative about it.Thats my take on your views anyway.

My take is that there are better options available than the Basran bid as I think it’s a sideways step at best. That being said, there would be more stability and more trust of the ownership which is great, but it doesn’t make a club competitive and that’s what we really want isn’t it?

Edited by Howardroark
Addition

2 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

My take is that there are better options available than the Basran bid, yes as I think it’s a sideways step at best. That being said, there would be more stability and more trust of the ownership which is great, but it doesn’t make a club competitive and that’s what we really want isn’t it?

At last a post I can understand,with no teasing remarks,or vague worries as to what your getting at.Im beginning to trust you.Now I have made my own vague remark can you spot it?😉

18 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

My take is that there are better options available than the Basran bid as I think it’s a sideways step at best. That being said, there would be more stability and more trust of the ownership which is great, but it doesn’t make a club competitive and that’s what we really want isn’t it?

If you've already answered this question then apologies, but what is your take on the Kenyon bid? Do you know anything about the money men involved? Apparently he had representatives at the game yesterday 

11 minutes ago, Watsmore said:

At last a post I can understand,with no teasing remarks,or vague worries as to what your getting at.Im beginning to trust you.Now I have made my own vague remark can you spot it?😉

Its poor but the word I was getting at was 'Trust'☺️

4 minutes ago, darrener said:

If you've already answered this question then apologies, but what is your take on the Kenyon bid? Do you know anything about the money men involved? Apparently he had representatives at the game yesterday 

Don’t believe he’s interested, more likely Derby or Southampton, any bid would come last minute (before HMRC deadline) though, KA has to avoid liquidation.

33 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Better Options being?? Why would Southampton or Derby be a better investment for Kenyon et al given the huge increase in asking price - Southampton are already in the prem Derby have eye watering running costs so ROI wise Bolton looks a better option in some ways?

7 minutes ago, onlyoneawalker said:

Better Options being?? Why would Southampton or Derby be a better investment for Kenyon et al given the huge increase in asking price - Southampton are already in the prem Derby have eye watering running costs so ROI wise Bolton looks a better option in some ways?

Southampton wouldn’t be cheap and they're currently at their peak, as you say running cost at Derby are ridiculous so it would depend on what debts they have and how big their wage bill is, I think it’s excessive, therefore the fact they get 30k does not really help them pay their overheads.  I’d think Bolton is the cheaper option and despite where we are at the moment we’ve a premier league infrastructure.  It’s anyones guess Kenyons next move. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

47 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

I would go along with your assumption that there might be other options available 

The so called dark horse theory 

If that is the case it would suggest to me that in reality KA must be just a bystander and is in  reality  playing no active part in discussions

Whats your take ? 

Edited by Benny The Ball
omission

1 minute ago, onlyoneawalker said:

Derby's sale terms are vary favourable as Mel Morris doesn’t need the money, no debt which gives them a £29M head start on a BWFC investment. No debt, no leverage, established squad built for promotion run.

Southampton, common knowledge that Liebherr is touting them at less than Newcastle price. 

Then there’s his ego, Man Utd, Chelsea, ‘Boro and then Bolton, I just don’t think he would do it unless he was sure he was going to be a saviour. Plus he’s got to get his backers on board & as Basran knows, BWFC is a really hard sell at present. 

The better options would be: 

John Whittaker- Peel Group 

The Done Brothers 

Henry Moser

31 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Personally I'd prefer the Kenyon mob, sounds like a more financially based bunch.

Nobody knows who would back such a bid. So to suggest that they would be better resourced is just crazy. Nobody knows.

What I do know is unless you are a mental really minted fan that buying a football club makes no sense!

1 minute ago, Benny The Ball said:

I would go along with your assumption that there might be other options available 

The so called dark horse theory 

If that is the case it would suggest to me that in reality KA must be just a bystander and is reality  playing no active part in discussions

Whats your take ? 

KA has put his price on the table, it’s £10M  to buy him out. Buyers will then have to negotiate directly with creditors (£20M or so) so you are broadly correct, he can’t control the deals done between buyers and creditors. 

As of tomorrow KA puts his price up by £1M for paying wages, but in theory that just reduces the creditors (players) by the same amount.

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Nobody knows who would back such a bid. So to suggest that they would be better resourced is just crazy. Nobody knows.

What I do know is unless you are a mental really minted fan that buying a football club makes no sense!

Look for foreign companies with investments in the largest football agencies.

Just now, Howardroark said:

KA has put his price on the table, it’s £10M  to buy him out. Buyers will then have to negotiate directly with creditors (£20M or so) so you are broadly correct, he can’t control the deals done between buyers and creditors. 

As of tomorrow KA puts his price up by £1M for paying wages, but in theory that just reduces the creditors (players) by the same amount.

When you first came on here you said the information you were quoting was in the public domain or was based on rational assumptions 

This is if correct very specific information are you sure you are not very close to events ? 

10 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Derby's sale terms are vary favourable as Mel Morris doesn’t need the money, no debt which gives them a £29M head start on a BWFC investment. No debt, no leverage, established squad built for promotion run.

Southampton, common knowledge that Liebherr is touting them at less than Newcastle price. 

Then there’s his ego, Man Utd, Chelsea, ‘Boro and then Bolton, I just don’t think he would do it unless he was sure he was going to be a saviour. Plus he’s got to get his backers on board & as Basran knows, BWFC is a really hard sell at present. 

The better options would be: 

John Whittaker- Peel Group 

The Done Brothers 

Henry Moser

How are they better options if just pure speculation? 

Bill Gates?

and why the stigma around Bolton secures creditors relatively low to peers and unsecured HMRC aside relatively easily sorted - why are we a basket case when Derby’s losing £3m a month?

Edited by onlyoneawalker