Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Meanwhile, players still waiting for wages.

Here’s the issue for the players: 

Dont get paid which means as of Thursday you can walk away, but you can’t sign for another club until the transfer window opens. 

By walking away you open yourselves up to uncertainty about the future and nobody paying you until at least June, but more likely August. 

Meanwhile BWFC do get taken over and you would’ve been paid had you just held out. 

They can go on strike as I said earlier, but what does it achieve other than giving KA reason to terminate their contracts.

10 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Lennon/Gartside

Same two that signed Madine. You win some, you  lose some but I do wonder whether the levels of concentration of both might have been impaired at the time in question. One seemed to be going through a mid-life crisis and the other an end of life crisis.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

Here’s the issue for the players: 

Dont get paid which means as of Thursday you can walk away, but you can’t sign for another club until the transfer window opens. 

By walking away you open yourselves up to uncertainty about the future and nobody paying you until at least June, but more likely August. 

Meanwhile BWFC do get taken over and you would’ve been paid had you just held out. 

They can go on strike as I said earlier, but what does it achieve other than giving KA reason to terminate their contracts.

You can sign for a club at any time you like....you just can't be registered to actually play.

Also - in circumstances where players leave for such a reason it is likely special dispensation will be granted to treat them as "free transfers" by the FA and FIFA...so would be able to register elsewhere.

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You can sign for a club at any time you like....you just can't be registered to actually play.

Also - in circumstances where players leave for such a reason it is likely special dispensation will be granted to treat them as "free transfers" by the FA and FIFA...so would be able to register elsewhere.

You cannot be registered or on the payroll. 

Special dispensation wouldn’t be given in the current situation as there are bidders for the club, it would only be in a liquidation scenario as we saw with Rangers.

Howard I understand if basran gets over the line on this takeover,we will not be going out and buying bale,and messi,but have they got enough money to stabilise us?And can they pay our debts outright,or will they need renegotiating?If so we wont realy have come to far finantialy even when kens gone,by the looks of things.

Edited by Watsmore

7 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

You cannot be registered or on the payroll. 

Special dispensation wouldn’t be given in the current situation as there are bidders for the club, it would only be in a liquidation scenario as we saw with Rangers.

Really? I'd love to see where that rule is - I'm positive clubs have had players on the payroll in such circumstances in the past - but then I guess every case is somewhat different. 

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Really? I'd love to see where that rule is - I'm positive clubs have had players on the payroll in such circumstances in the past - but then I guess every case is somewhat different. 

Ok hypothetically say you could, are there any of the current crop (Luca aside) who would really be worth paying for 6 months longer than you need to as in the cost of that versus their transfer value?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Watsmore said:

Would also like to know if theres any chance of Kenyon nipping in,can ken talk to other interested parties or is this exclusity clause blocking that at the moment.

the only buyer is the basran bid.

id be very, very surprised if anything else happened in the short term

2 minutes ago, Watsmore said:

Howard I understand if basran gets over the line on this takeover,we will not be going out and buying bale,and messi,but have they got enough money to stabilise us?And can they pay our debts outright,or will they need renegotiating?If so we wont realy have come to far finantialy even when kens gone,by the looks of things.

Basran wouldn't be bothering at all without a plan. Brett W, Michael James and Paul Heathcote are all BWFC supporters.  All have a financial stake,  at least two of them know Basran and they all know each other. I'd say that was a good start but still a lot to play for.

5 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Ok hypothetically say you could, are there any of the current crop (Luca aside) who would really be worth paying for 6 months longer than you need to as in the cost of that versus their transfer value?

The EFL regulations leave it open (by my reading) that dispensation could be sought in these circumstances....section 43.2.4...."If agreed by the league" - basically leaves the decision open ended. 

Subject always to the provisions of Regulation 43.3, after the expiry of each Transfer Window (and/or in the Extended Period, if applicable) in each Season registrations of Players and transfers of registrations will, except as permitted in Regulation 55, be declined or will only be approved:

where the Player is transferred on a Temporary Loan Transfer during the Extended Period (as defined in Regulation 42.2.2);

where the Player is an Out of Registration Player;

where the Player was last registered as or is being registered as a Scholar or Academy Player (subject to such conditions by which the Club making the application and the Player shall be bound); and/or

if agreed by The League (including where the Player was last registered with a Club (or club) which has ceased to trade, including during the Closed Period) subject to such conditions as determined by The League and by which the Club making the application and the Player shall be bound.

7 minutes ago, Watsmore said:

They will have enough to pay Ken’s debt and HMRC, expect Warburton and Prescot to be re-negotiated in respect of terms. 

Unsecured debt I would imagine they will try and roll it in to the price of an on-going provision of goods/services from the creditor if they can, ultimately resulting in end-user price rises on tickets and match day bits. 

The rest is repayments for loans taken against future income, I imagine they’ll have been negotiating these for a while, under the guise of ‘if you don’t negotiate we will walk away, the club will go under and you’ll get 2p in the £’. I think these will be repaid from lending at a better rate, possibly even with a delayed payment plan. 

It will be better than Ken and bills will get paid.

7 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

the only buyer is the basran bid.

id be very, very surprised if anything else happened in the short term

Kenyon isn’t interested but there is another bidder, they just aren’t negotiating with KA, they don’t need to.

4 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Basran wouldn't be bothering at all without a plan. Brett W, Michael James and Paul Heathcote are all BWFC supporters.  All have a financial stake,  at least two of them know Basran and they all know each other. I'd say that was a good start but still a lot to play for.

Same could be said of Holdsworth and Anderson....