Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

31 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

This very much has a feeling of out of the frying pan and all that. 

Not sure what swapping one set of potless chancers for another set is going to help. 

6 months ago, perhaps 

but the training ground has been shut with no food or fuel, council meetings about pulling games, club stopped taking season ticket money etc 

Under Ken the end really is nigh 

At least under the new lot we might make it through another season or two. As we stand, we wouldn’t make April fools 

18 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

6 months ago, perhaps 

but the training ground has been shut with no food or fuel, council meetings about pulling games, club stopped taking season ticket money etc 

Under Ken the end really is nigh 

At least under the new lot we might make it through another season or two. As we stand, we wouldn’t make April fools 

Isn’t a lot of that due to an impending sale? 

I'm a bit worried that the longer the prospective buyers take with this the more likely it is that one of our hugely influential protestors/twitterati will realise that you can fit "Fuck The New Owners" into "Fuck The Andersons" and we'll have some absolute preemptive scenes.

1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I'm a bit worried that the longer the prospective buyers take with this the more likely it is that one of our hugely influential protestors/twitterati will realise that you can fit "Fuck The New Owners" into "Fuck The Andersons" and we'll have some absolute preemptive scenes.

Always worth checking that you use washable ink when writing on bedsheets. You can then reuse and recycle them which in turn helps the environment

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Always worth checking that you use washable ink when writing on bedsheets. You can then reuse and recycle them which in turn helps the environment

If they believe the messages, they done need to wash the words off the sheets. Just sleep with them on.

Even better for the environment.

Hate to say I told you so but I said months ago Ken initially was looking to attract investors / buyers with deep pockets. They never materialised 

he then got that much abuse & aggro he’s just thought fuck it I’m getting rid. To anyone. Even if they were no better than he at funding the club moving forward

have a feeling this won’t be anywhere near the new dawn everyone expects it to be 

13 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Hate to say I told you so but I said months ago Ken initially was looking to attract investors / buyers with deep pockets. They never materialised 

he then got that much abuse & aggro he’s just thought fuck it I’m getting rid. To anyone. Even if they were no better than he at funding the club moving forward

have a feeling this won’t be anywhere near the new dawn everyone expects it to be 

I couldn't agree more.

18 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

It's were I'm at 👍

5 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

its fine though as its not Ken remember. The entrenched masses will calm for a while and then when we are still struggling to pay bills etc and don't sign folk the bed sheets will be out again.

I can understand folk being frustrated especially those raised on Prem Football but  if there is no money there is no money. The folk complaining about bills saying its KA responsibility never batted an eyelid when ED left the HMRC debts that nearly killed us.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not bothered, so long as they're less cunty about it.

If you are a millionaire you are by default a cunt. you don't make money being nice to people and not trampling on folk.

4 minutes ago, Big E said:

If you are a millionaire you are by default a cunt. you don't make money being nice to people and not trampling on folk.

Don't believe everything Jules Darby tells you about his rise to the top.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Big E said:

That's a lot of cunts. Including a shit load of professional footballers.

In which case, we should be much less concerned about going to the wall.

A lower league team of shit quality, decent bloke amateurs.

If this lot really don’t have any money (like Ken) then we will go bust by the end of the month, then you can say ‘I told you so’ 

if the deal falls through and we are left with Ken (who doesn’t have any money) then we will go bust by the end of the month anyway and the Twitterati will say ‘I told you so’ 

If a deal goes through this week you’d have to assume that they have enough money to help us at least see the season out 

Whatever happens, our esteemed local journo won't be in the loop.

Takeover in the balance, big relegation 6 pointer local derby on the horizon and he's taking 5 days off.

Must have a big decorating job on.

1 minute ago, Traf said:

Whatever happens, our esteemed local journo won't be in the loop.

Takeover in the balance, big relegation 6 pointer local derby on the horizon and he's taking 5 days off.

Must have a big decorating job on.

In two years time he'll deny not being at work however.

1 minute ago, ZiggyStardust said:

In two years time he'll deny not being at work however.

Correct.

He claims we made that up about him doing his daughters bedroom on liquidation day, when he got all his info 2nd hand from one of Ken's biggest haters.

Speculating on the means of potential new owners is fun - but somewhat academic when under the existing owner we probably won't see out the end of next week. 

Like Brexit this has got far too close to comfort. We do not want another case of a botched deal happening on the court steps. This needs sorting far earlier. Seems Ken is deliberately stringing it out, hoping for a miracle....

For me at least, I dont see us staying up this year so restart in league one. Hopefully have enough cash to bring in a few exciting younger players from the lower leagues and mount a challenge for promotion, that would be really good end to the shit we've had to put up.

Edited by dazl1212

2 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

I think Ken is playing silly cunts now he knows James is involved, would going into admin be advantageous to him, I don't think so, just sign the papers and fuck off.

We can assume Ken already knew this, no? 

Doubt he's been surprised by a CH update