Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, HomerJay said:

who owns rangers stadium?

did newco buy that back, who from, and at what cost?

From the liquidator. I think it was £11M or something, not sure. 

The big issue was about whether or not they bought the players contracts or not.

2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Yes new company but I was told by  a rangers fan at work that they were still the most successful club in the world with title wins thought you lost everything if you had to reform  or is  he wrong ? 

It’s a different LTD company so technically wrong, but could be argued as right also.

13 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

No, but a secured creditor will always get paid first so they have to be paid in full before you can move on to the unsecured creditors, who are entitled to 25% under the EFL rules.

Ok so by stipulating we pay 25% to unsecured by default we must pay 100% secured.....are we saying then that football creditors are chippy money in the grand scheme?

3 minutes ago, onlyoneawalker said:

Ok so by stipulating we pay 25% to unsecured by default we must pay 100% secured.....are we saying then that football creditors are chippy money in the grand scheme?

There are no football creditors according to EFL (other than possibly Forest Green).

18 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Whom is it?

its been mentioned before, but I think we are looking at 8th tier or summat- sure Colls have already submitted their application to maintain status??? Initially could be looking around there.

Again, I have slept and drank heavily since reading this

1 minute ago, Dr Faustus said:

its been mentioned before, but I think we are looking at 8th tier or summat- sure Colls have already submitted their application to maintain status??? Initially could be looking around there.

Again, I have slept and drank heavily since reading this

I thought the registration is part of the club so would be transferred as an asset, the league would then vote on if to accept the new company/club in to the league (and where).

19 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

it went on for years, and final sum was inclusive of penalties etc IIRC

Celtic fans refer to them as Zombies...

On the same topic, how the fuck do AFC Wimbledon have an FA Cup listed on their honours? Its bullshit

So using Rangers and Wimbledon as examples we could  keep our history but start again at a shity level with no players and possible no ground . Would not thought the football league would want a founder member going tits up on there watch but could be wish full thinking 

33 minutes ago, onlyoneawalker said:

Rangers £21m not £2.1m???? How the fuck were they allowed to rack £21m of debt up with HMRC that’s mind blowing 

Employee Benefit Trusts, for which HMRC eventually caught up

59 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

its been mentioned before, but I think we are looking at 8th tier or summat- sure Colls have already submitted their application to maintain status??? 

I'm looking forward to it. At least we should win a few more games

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

Erm no. As stated many times. There are proper legit clubs all the way down the pyramid. You don't simply get parachuted in. Colls are 8th tier, top of. Teams at level 9 are competing for promotion, proper budgets. There's no space at level 10 any more which is where FC United popped up. Level 11 which is West Lancs League. Even then, Chew Moor Brook have more right to that spot as top of level 12 table. Maybe level 13 with Horwich St Mary's.

It's arrogant to expect any kind of special treatment over and above well run clubs.

It’ll be reet.

People have too much money to lose for us to go bump. Someone will snap us up when there’s no more time to negotiate.

We’ll head in to league one with a new owner and Nobby Nolan leading us to glory!

2 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Erm no. As stated many times. There are proper legit clubs all the way down the pyramid. You don't simply get parachuted in. Colls are 8th tier, top of. Teams at level 9 are competing for promotion, proper budgets. There's no space at level 10 any more which is where FC United popped up. Level 11 which is West Lancs League. Even then, Chew Moor Brook have more right to that spot as top of level 12 table. Maybe level 13 with Horwich St Mary's.

It's arrogant to expect any kind of special treatment over and above well run clubs.

sorry, I didn't mean to sound arrogant- I know I was vague, but I meant that everything was in place up to around this point... NewBWFC aren't just gonna come along and be in the conference