Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

7 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Mentioned as 500k wasn’t it? Assuming that was then offset against any actual buy out fee.. 

like you say could be bullshit but that was the rumoured figure 

Given that BWFC were punted around every hedge fund and private equity firm in the City with up to date accounts etc, it would surprise me, but you never know....

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Daveh said:

Afternoon all,

I’ve just found this thread after someone mentioned it on Twitter. I’ve just spent the last 2 hours catching up, it’s excellent, very informative and without the childish vitriol that spoils other social media platforms!

Excuse my ignorance, I just have one question - what/who are ST and BN?

Come on guys, don't let the normal standards rise! 

Just now, Chris Custodiet said:

ST buying  off Blumarble and taking control? Seems a bit early in the day to be sloshed, Howard.

Last time  I looked the ST had all of £60K. Probably not got that now.

My understanding was that they were trying to secure a loan from the chap who floated AO.

9 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Given that BWFC were punted around every hedge fund and private equity firm in the City with up to date accounts etc, it would surprise me, but you never know....

Possible short term shot in the arm to run the club so Ken didn’t have to find it personally? Wouldn’t of lasted long and I’m probably being cynical but wouldn’t surprise me 

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Possible short term shot in the arm to run the club so Ken didn’t have to find it personally? Wouldn’t of lasted long and I’m probably being cynical but wouldn’t surprise me 

Would almost certainly have been held on deposit by solicitor.

1 hour ago, Howardroark said:

To buy off the Blumarble loan and take control. 

Isnt all local media influenced by certain agendas? I didn’t say they should follow, just that they seemed to tow the ST line.

I don't understand, why would paying off the BM loan have given the ST control?  What would be in it for Anderson, did they expect him to simply hand over the keys and walk away or something?  

Even if they had got the AO bloke to loan them £5 million, then how did they expect to pay him back, what security could they have offered him and how would they be able to pay wages of £600k per month from then on, let alone all the other running costs?

1 minute ago, Sluffy said:

I don't understand, why would paying off the BM loan have given the ST control?  What would be in it for Anderson, did they expect him to simply hand over the keys and walk away or something?  

Even if they had got the AO bloke to loan them £5 million, then how did they expect to pay him back, what security could they have offered him and how would they be able to pay wages of £600k per month from then on, let alone all the other running costs?

In answer to the first question- Yes they expected him to walk away.

In answer to the 2nd question- by raising finance against the shares in the same way that Ken did, and probably from the same group.

53 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

In answer to the first question- Yes they expected him to walk away.

In answer to the 2nd question- by raising finance against the shares in the same way that Ken did, and probably from the same group.

Is there any idea why it’s so radio silent today Howard? Has anything happened behind closed doors today, good or bad? Or are we more likely to see movement tomorrow evening and Wednesday when people stop playing there poker face; creditors, Anderson and potential investors?

• Site Supporter

I wonder if he realised, when penning his fairly damning assumptions and presumptions about KA and the way the club is run, that the paper was pretty much biting the hand that fed them. 

7 minutes ago, Jcookie said:

Is there any idea why it’s so radio silent today Howard? Has anything happened behind closed doors today, good or bad? Or are we more likely to see movement tomorrow evening and Wednesday when people stop playing there poker face; creditors, Anderson and potential investors?

Probably because Iles isn't around to distribute his "exclusive" stories to the local radio stations.

13 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Iles certainly picks the best weeks to go on holidays

Cheap, out of school holidays 

He’s not a fool

18 minutes ago, Jcookie said:

Hi, 

It depends really, Weds doesn’t mean a great deal other than to confirm the inevitable. It’s the 27th that’s the big day, I think Ken will keep trying to sell until then before relinquishing his shares and sloping off. 

The only caveat to that is if a group simply wishes to avoid the winding up order they may show their hand and cause a delay to the proceedings, that may have a knock on effect of giving Ken more time. 

If Basran wants the club he’s going to have to pay at least £8M (that means nothing for Ken) up front because Moonshift don’t need to negotiate now, and as I’ve said before, if he had the cash he would’ve done the deal. That’s not to say he won’t be able to find it, but his ideal scenario was to extended terms on the big 3 secured debts (once it became clear Ken wouldn’t move) meaning the lowest possible entry costs . Some may say that’s so they can reinvest more in the club, others say it’s because they can’t afford to pay both secured and unsecured. Either way, Moonshift won’t negotiate with them, nor do they need to.

Edited by Howardroark
A

Just now, ZiggyStardust said:

They got paid didn't they, so can't walk.

They seem to have put down tools if Saturday is anything to go off though.

Of course 

Firgot that bit amongst the impending doom 

We might have been better off not paying them 

Saying that, who would take them