Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

FWIW, I don't disagree. Howard said all along his guys were operating in the background and waiting Ken out. Then he said Ken was lying about being in advanced talks with another bidder. Then it came out in court that a new bidder apparently exists. Now he says that new bidder is the one he's known about, they just decided to short-cut the process and pay Ken what he wants.

If other people think he's telling the truth that's fine, maybe he is, but what he's saying makes Ken out to be a even bigger cunt than anyone thought possible. Which takes some doing.

Nope, all along I’ve said they would have to show their hand due to the 14 day share takeback timeframe. This occurred on the exact day and time I told you it would. 

The reason they are offering to pay Ken is to secure the deal, this may actually be less of a financial commitment depending on the deal with Moonshift, the details of which nobody is privy to.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Walshyt said:

Nixon said the EFL dont even know the name of the buyer. Very cloak and dagger. KA loves a NDA.

not cloak and dagger at all. if there is no rule that says they need to know, then they wont.

maybe the buyers don't want to be in the public at this point.

10 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

FWIW, I don't disagree. Howard said all along his guys were operating in the background and waiting Ken out. Then he said Ken was lying about being in advanced talks with another bidder. Then it came out in court that a new bidder apparently exists. Now he says that new bidder is the one he's known about, they just decided to short-cut the process and pay Ken what he wants.

If other people think he's telling the truth that's fine, maybe he is, but what he's saying makes Ken out to be a even bigger cunt than anyone thought possible. Which takes some doing.

How does this make Ken a bigger cunt than before? He’s on the verge of doing what he said all along - assuming it pulls off.

6 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Jim Ratcliffe isn't the name I had in mind at all. Wasn't Maxiimus going to reveal all at 10.00 a.m. this morning?

You are very new here if you think Maxiimuus does anything but talk shit on here. 

18 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Ken may have been talking to upteen potential bidders ,and what he refers to as "advanced talks " may or may not be true. 

The important point here and I will support Howard on this , is that the other bidder has talked with  and reached agreement with ED trustees and the secured creditors and  did not engage in discussions with KA directly and it is that other bidder that was referred to at court yesterday 

That is my understanding of the situation from person(s) very close to events 

16 minutes ago, rochdale white said:

Fraudulently withdrawing approx £3 million from the club during his time here? (Allegedly)

I've seen no evidence whatsoever of KA withdrawing approx £3 million from the club, fraudulently or otherwise. Neither have I seen any evidence of Burnden Leisure's auditors failing in their responsibilities at any time in the last twenty years and I expect that I have read the audited accounts a lot more  carefully than most.

But there is evidence that the money received from the sale of Gary Madine in 2018 was unilkely to be sufficient to keep the club as a going concern up to February 2019 and therefore that additional money may have been borrowed to keep the club afloat either before or since January 2018.

26 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Nope, all along I’ve said they would have to show their hand due to the 14 day share takeback timeframe. This occurred on the exact day and time I told you it would. 

The reason they are offering to pay Ken is to secure the deal, this may actually be less of a financial commitment depending on the deal with Moonshift, the details of which nobody is privy to.

I've no interest in going back through everything you've said trying to catch you out. That bit particularly struck me as your narrative changing to suit what was happening, that's all. At worst you're well informed on the financial side of things, and are keeping people entertained on here.

Besides, I really hope you're right. BWFC survive and are taken over by people with the money to take us forward, the Twitter mob/Iles are vindicated in what they've been saying about KA and Ken Anderson FC get to see their man walk off into the sunset with a big bag of cash. Everybody wins and we can all move on.

1 minute ago, Tombwfc said:

I've no interest in going back through everything you've said trying to catch you out. That bit particularly struck me as your narrative changing to suit what was happening, that's all. At worst you're well informed on the financial side of things, and are keeping people entertained on here.

Besides, I really hope you're right. BWFC survive and are taken over by people with the money to take us forward, the Twitter mob/Iles are vindicated in what they've been saying about KA and Ken Anderson FC get to see their man walk off into the sunset with a big bag of cash. Everybody wins and we can all move on.

Narrative has always been 

Legitimate 2nd bidder 

Went through Moonshift and CRS 

Would reveal on Tues if they suspected Ken would allow liquidation; to put in place the forced sale backstop in 14 days. 

There was consideration given to allowing Ken to not contest the WU petition but legitimate fears he would also allow liquidation, shares backstop wouldn’t be in effect by 27th. 

I also started out by saying Basran didn’t have the funds, which I think is now fairly obvious.

37 minutes ago, rochdale white said:

Fraudulently withdrawing approx £3 million from the club during his time here? (Allegedly)

No one has alleged it. Someone (Sluffy I think) asked Howard a question whether it was it could feasibly of happened

12 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

And without going through all I have said, how could you possibly know my narrative? 

57 minutes ago, rochdale white said:

Pretty sure you can take money out of your business in fees. its not morally good but i don't tink its fraud

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Big E said:

Pretty sure you can take money out of your business in fees. its not morally good but i don't tink its fraud

depends how you do it, and whether you are prioritising yourself over others

Edited by HomerJay

32 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

This.
Apart from Iles & the Social media mob being vindicated. I'd actually like nothing more than the local rag to be shown as being totally inept.

49 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Ken may have been talking to upteen potential bidders ,and what he refers to as "advanced talks " may or may not be true. 

The important point here and I will support Howard on this , is that the other bidder has talked with  and reached agreement with ED trustees and the secured creditors and  did not engage in discussions with KA directly and it is that other bidder that was referred to at court yesterday 

That is my understanding of the situation from person(s) very close to events 

'did not engage in discussions with KA directly' cannot imply that KA was entirely out of the loop. Hilary Stonefrost was instructed by BWFC and therefore by Ken or possibly Paul Aldridge on Ken's behalf.

With  ED's trustees holding the whip hand over his shares, I cannot see that KA is in a particularly strong position but he's bound to have lawyers fighting his corner for all they're worth.

2 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

'did not engage in discussions with KA directly' cannot imply that KA was entirely out of the loop. Hilary Stonefrost was instructed by BWFC and therefore by Ken or possibly Paul Aldridge on Ken's behalf.

With  ED's trustees holding the whip hand over his shares, I cannot see that KA is in a particularly strong position but he's bound to have lawyers fighting his corner for all they're worth.

Out of the loop until Tuesday, as was Basran despite Alan Nixon’s suggestions to the contrary.

Personally I dont want to know the identity of the bidder until this deal is cut & dried 

We can all breath a sign of relief when its done 

Would'nt want to know that a big time Johnny was interested & decided to do one at the last minute because the news of his identity leaked out.

Also let’s note that a high court judge has seen a signed document from the potential buyers solicitor confirming this is happening. 

It is a high profile case (the judge said he had read about it in the paper). Judge won’t be made a fool by someone taking the piss. This is unlikely to be some shady move. 

2 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

If you believe Howard, we might be close to a takeover from men with money who've gone to great lengths specifically not to deal with him. And if you also believe Howard, Ken's been fraudulently making millions off the club while not paying staff and pleading poverty.

How dare anyone moan at his conduct.

Thats the thing now. i don't bother reading most.

I don't mind people not being keen on him but surely people dismissing anything because he is a bit greasy is shit show.

Most the moaning is bollocks spouted which is then taken as gospel yet any of the replies etc are lies.

i want him gone as much as the next guy but i also don't want the constant moaning.

You can't complain about him having responsibilities when the previous owner refused to pay the HMRC bill.

34 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

My understanding as Howard has eloquently expressed elsewhere is that Ed trustees did a back to back deal with the other bidder - the so called  dark horse as was mooted on here a few weeks ago 

Hilary Stonefrost would have been in court along with Paul Aldridge representing the football club with regard to the winding up petition and would have played the best hand of cards she had available. 

We will never know the timings but without doubt a phone call from CRS at some point on tuesday gave her a much stronger hand to play than that which she had on monday. 

The extent to which KA knew beforehand would have been minimal ditto WM as KA was not really at the table and if he was , at this point in time he was blindfolded and had one hand tied behind his back ( and I dont mean literally !!) so was not really in the game  

Edited by Benny The Ball