Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

As long as Ken sells the club to someone who can take us forward I couldn't give a shit what he gets paid. 

He gets us an owner who manages to get us back challenging for promotion to the Prem and all is forgiven in my eyes. 

9 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

My understanding as Howard has eloquently expressed elsewhere is that Ed trustees did a back to back deal with the other bidder - the so called  dark horse as was mooted on here a few weeks ago 

Hilary Stonefrost would have been in court along with Paul Aldridge representing the football club with regard to the winding up petition and would have played the best hand of cards she had available. 

We will never know the timings but without doubt a phone call from CRS at some point on tuesday gave her a much stronger hand to play than that which she had on monday. 

The extent to which KA knew beforehand would have been minimal ditto WM as KA was not really at the table and if he was , at this point in time he was blindfolded and had one hand tied behind his back ( and I dont mean literally !!) so was not really in the game  

So the position seems to be that the mysery bidder, without carrying out any due diligence or contact with any creditor other than Moonshift, was willing to give sufficient confirmation  for Hilary Stonefrost to go to court and tell the judge of discussions that, if successfully concluded, would lead to everyone being paid in full.

• Site Supporter

I'm going to be happy just having a club to support, pay their bills and hopefully tries to play a bit of football and entertain a little bit. If this means a season or 2 in L1, the so what. Sick of having the clubs name dragged through the mud - it must be someone elses turn by now

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'm going to be happy just having a club to support, pay their bills and hopefully tries to play a bit of football and entertain a little bit. If this means a season or 2 in L1, the so what. Sick of having the clubs name dragged through the mud - it must be someone elses turn by now

I like the sentiment but lets not kid ourselves here. Many of the fans won't be bothering going the lower the league we go.

BWFC fans have had an amazing time from early 90's until the last few years. for folk raised on these times it will be very hard to go back to the shit original times pre that era.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Big E said:

I like the sentiment but lets not kid ourselves here. Many of the fans won't be bothering going the lower the league we go.

BWFC fans have had an amazing time from early 90's until the last few years. for folk raised on these times it will be very hard to go back to the shit original times pre that era.

Certainly possible, though at the moment attendances are standing up fairly well to where they were in the eighties.

A new owner now and some positive news and hopefully stop the rot and a return to those days.

4 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

So the position seems to be that the mysery bidder, without carrying out any due diligence or contact with any creditor other than Moonshift, was willing to give sufficient confirmation  for Hilary Stonefrost to go to court and tell the judge of discussions that, if successfully concluded, would lead to everyone being paid in full.

For the umpteenth time, BWFC made books available to a number of Private Equity Funds, Hedge Funds, Family Offices & HNW's during their attempt to sell the club.

Moonshift were also able to have full insight in to the books at the point that the debt went in to default. 

1 minute ago, Big E said:

This. The same thing happened after ED when lots of fans said "I just want us run sustainably". Yeah. But that means probably mid table in league one to lower end of the championship. With no real prospect of more. A few seasons of that and reality kicks in....

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Certainly possible, though at the moment attendances are standing up fairly well to where they were in the eighties.

A new owner now and some positive news and hopefully stop the rot and a return to those days.

"Attendances" are not holding up at all. plenty of folk bought season tickets who don't go now.....next season it would be grim.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Big E said:

"Attendances" are not holding up at all. plenty of folk bought season tickets who don't go now.....next season it would be grim.

We've had this debate previously. Crowds are, at the moment, comparatively decent. Take the point about ticket holders not going, and I agree next season would be shocking with the current set up.

Hence why we need this takeover. Some positive news and we might get a little boost immediately.

Next season will be the big difference though.

2 hours ago, Howardroark said:

Nope, all along I’ve said they would have to show their hand due to the 14 day share takeback timeframe. This occurred on the exact day and time I told you it would. 

The reason they are offering to pay Ken is to secure the deal, this may actually be less of a financial commitment depending on the deal with Moonshift, the details of which nobody is privy to.

But given you knew this and posted as much on here does anyone really think KA knew little or nothing about the ‘secret ‘ bidders. 

The pool of people who might buy a football club is very small. Would be amazed if it was a total shock. 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

We've had this debate previously. Crowds are, at the moment, comparatively decent. Take the point about ticket holders not going, and I agree next season would be shocking with the current set up.

Hence why we need this takeover. Some positive news and we might get a little boost immediately.

Next season will be the big difference though.

Just wait till new owners collect the outstanding dd payments there will be uproar. 

4 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

So the position seems to be that the mystery bidder, without carrying out any due diligence or contact with any creditor other than Moonshift, was willing to give sufficient confirmation  for Hilary Stonefrost to go to court and tell the judge of discussions that, if successfully concluded, would lead to everyone being paid in full.

I know what I'm about to say next probably belongs in the world of fantasy but maybe they have already seen the books!

Would it be feasible that Team Basran was somehow a stalking horse all along and tied in with the mystery purchaser, because they've seen the books!

I've always thought it was odd that Basran courted Anderson for so long, and the involvement of James must have given them credibility in Ken's eyes as to really wanting a deal to be done with him.

Howard also belonging to operation to make public the reasoning as to why Basran/James had no choice other to deal with KA direct - even being dismissive of them for effect!

I almost posted this a few days back but thought people would think it too far fetched, most probably is.

Makes a good story though!

I started watching Bolton when I was around nine during the promotion season under Rioch. 

The quality of football last and this season has been utterly tedious, if and when we go back to league one I will still be there but it'd be nice to be entertained. Im not asking to watch football like Arsenal played during their invincibles season, but some actual football would be nice.

I think a lot of fans can deal with boring football provided there are some results mind you.

4 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I know what I'm about to say next probably belongs in the world of fantasy but maybe they have already seen the books!

Would it be feasible that Team Basran was somehow a stalking horse all along and tied in with the mystery purchaser, because they've seen the books!

I've always thought it was odd that Basran courted Anderson for so long, and the involvement of James must have given them credibility in Ken's eyes as to really wanting a deal to be done with him.

Howard also belonging to operation to make public the reasoning as to why Basran/James had no choice other to deal with KA direct - even being dismissive of them for effect!

I almost posted this a few days back but thought people would think it too far fetched, most probably is.

Makes a good story though!

I think this would be highly illegal/risky, and would offer little benefit to Basran unless he is receiving some sort of payoff. He wouldn't be able to suddenly show up in the deal, or it would be clear he violated NDAs, etc. 

2 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

I started watching Bolton when I was around nine during the promotion season under Rioch. 

The quality of football last and this season has been utterly tedious, if and when we go back to league one I will still be there but it'd be nice to be entertained. Im not asking to watch football like Arsenal played during their invincibles season, but some actual football would be nice.

I think a lot of fans can deal with boring football provided there are some results mind you.

Struggling teams don't tend to play nice football anymore....not isolated just to us. I don't think being a mid table league one side will ever entertain anyone. 

1 minute ago, BIGBW said:

I think this would be highly illegal/risky, and would offer little benefit to Basran unless he is receiving some sort of payoff. He wouldn't be able to suddenly show up in the deal, or it would be clear he violated NDAs, etc. 

Yes, I wasn't really being serious when I posted that, just thought maybe that you needed a thief to catch a thief, sort of thing - not that I'm suggest anyone at all is a thief.

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Struggling teams don't tend to play nice football anymore....not isolated just to us. I don't think being a mid table league one side will ever entertain anyone. 

Had to reign my 15yr olds excitement in last night over what relegation means 

he seems to think like 2 years ago we will bounce straight back up have loads of wins and there’s some decent away games for him. That isn’t par for the course 

attendances spike when a team is going well, regardless of the league as the majority of people want to see you winning. The fair weather fans jump on board 

plodding along - attendances stay pretty stagnant 

struggling - everyone apart from the week in week outers fuck it off

it will never change