Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

31 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to come on here to question my assertions.

Exclusivity couldn’t be given by KA, it could however be given by Moonshift in respect of the sale of the debt. That now puts the buyer in a very strong position given that they could actually put the club in to administration if they so wished. 

£30M would be the amount that EFL would need to see to address the debt. It’s also fairly common knowledge that this was the entry point that the owner was looking for when he pitched the club across the City. 

I don’t consider social media to be the right platform given its broad coverage of interested parties. 

Timing wise, anybody of serious wealth/interest does not court publicity until the moment it is necessary, that was always going to be Tuesday. 

Yes I expect a sale as opposed to the taking of the shares, I don’t however think that means the buyer has any additional costs, and they would probably rather avoid a last minute purchase ‘on the steps’. 

John Galt is a character from a book called ‘Atlas Shrugged’ by Ayn Rand. Howard Roark is a character from a book called ‘The Fountainhead’ also by Ayn Rand. 

The person behind the account came here to directly question my statements from 2 weeks ago. 

The comment regarding ‘don’t ever leave me again’ was an attempt at humour and related directly to the previous correspondence with him/her. 

In terms of the squad and manager I think the club requires youth, vigour and fresh ideas. I also believe in Sabremetrics so it’ll be acquisitions based on this.

With apologies if I have missed something earlier in the day while at work, Howard ..... this reference to Sabremetrics is very interesting. Is it the first time you have used that word on here?You clearly think this translates from baseball to football. What makes you think the bidders will base their strategy on this?

11 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

In terms of the squad and manager I think the club requires youth, vigour and fresh ideas. I also believe in Sabremetrics so it’ll be acquisitions based on this.

You believe in sabermetrics, but you imply that will be the route be the club take?

15 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

With apologies if I have missed something earlier in the day while at work, Howard ..... this reference to Sabremetrics is very interesting. Is it the first time you have used that word on here?You clearly think this translates from baseball to football. What makes you think the bidders will base their strategy on this?

Yes the first time I have used this word on here. 

I believe it translates at a L1 level, not so much in the PL or Championship as the flair factor is too high.

2 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Yes the first time I have used this word on here. 

I believe it translates at a L1 level, not so much in the PL or Championship as the flair factor is too high.

I'd say Preston and Brentford are good examples at Championship level although clearly neither have won promotion doing this! 

For someone whose knowledge extends as far as having watched Moneyball this is fascinating stuff. I take it our bidder is from the other side of the pond?

Just now, paulhanley said:

I'd say Preston and Brentford are good examples at Championship level although clearly neither have won promotion doing this! 

For someone whose knowledge extends as far as having watched Moneyball this is fascinating stuff. I take it our bidder is from the other side of the pond?

Not necessarily a US buyer, sabremetrics has evolved in to off the shelf software packages and AI modelling

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

Not necessarily a US buyer, sabremetrics has evolved in to off the shelf software packages and AI modelling

Fair do's and thanks. If it's to be sabremetrics then clearly the bidder will already have thought about who will do the analysis and I'd guess we're probably in Director of Football territory.

Just now, paulhanley said:

Fair do's and thanks. If it's to be sabremetrics then clearly the bidder will already have thought about who will do the analysis and I'd guess we're probably in Director of Football territory.

I believe that’ll be the set-up, yes

6 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Which is what Warburton and Weir are so familiar with

Bunch of fucking snowflakes are we lads?Cant say Balti basran,maybe it could offend curries?or Asians?Your just a bunch of politicaly correct robotic fuckwits.Millions have died in wars to give us our freedom,and that includes speech,you lillywhite twats.Hope theres never another falklands,nancy pamby,soft bastards like you lot wouldn't last an hour at the foot of mount tumbledown,pissed wet through,5 below,diareer from drinking mud,and under fire in the pitch black.yeah fuck you dickwads,enjoy your poncy snowflake lives.COYWM

12 minutes ago, Watsmore said:

Bunch of fucking snowflakes are we lads?Cant say Balti basran,maybe it could offend curries?or Asians?Your just a bunch of politicaly correct robotic fuckwits.Millions have died in wars to give us our freedom,and that includes speech,you lillywhite twats.Hope theres never another falklands,nancy pamby,soft bastards like you lot wouldn't last an hour at the foot of mount tumbledown,pissed wet through,5 below,diareer from drinking mud,and under fire in the pitch black.yeah fuck you dickwads,enjoy your poncy snowflake lives.COYWM

It must have been at a young age that you were in the Falklands, because sure as fuck you didn't get an education.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Watsmore said:

The Last Post

#irony

14 minutes ago, Watsmore said:

Diareer is a fucking killer. 

Hi again, Howard. Thanks for the reply.

I've been reading from page 50 to page 160 since last night. My head hurts now, so I'm going to do something less stressful on my brain.

Before I forget however, you said:

"On Tuesday a notification of the purchase of the Moonshift debt in respect of Inner Circle by consortium A

A formal bid for the company which delays HMRC winder

Formal notification to KA that in 14 days his shares will be redeemed due to default on the loan. 

On pay day- Ken accepts bid and signs over."

Which seems to be spot on.

But you also said (paraphrased):

Basran, before buying the club would have to 'trust' Ken, and advance him the amount to pay off HMRC. Because the WU must be paid before the club can change hands, otherwise the sale can be reversed.

Is this not the case for the Mystery Buyer? Due to the fact that they'll be paying off everything in full, so they say?

Or is it more that, if they give Ken the amount to pay off HMRC and he doesn't relinquish control as promised, they can just buy out Moonshift and out him that way, therefore not getting a payday?

Sorry if that's already been covered, but I can't stand to read another 50 pages right now haha.

Cheers.

(I've already read most of the posts from page 160-now but a lot of it lacked context of everything in the thread from 50-160, so I went back to see how this all began.)

14 minutes ago, Watsmore said:

I'm pretty sure that when my great grandfather was killed in the war - he died in the hope that one day - you'd be able to say that Parminder Basran smelt of curry.

18 minutes ago, Watsmore said:

I believe millions died in wars fighting facism?