Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
22 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

If Miami hasn't offered you a straightener, you haven't been on Wways very long.

Yea, well I have my own fucking roofer, proper knows his eves and his underfelt 😂

Edited by Steejay

On 21/03/2019 at 10:56, Tombwfc said:

I've no interest in going back through everything you've said trying to catch you out. That bit particularly struck me as your narrative changing to suit what was happening, that's all. At worst you're well informed on the financial side of things, and are keeping people entertained on here.

Besides, I really hope you're right. BWFC survive and are taken over by people with the money to take us forward, the Twitter mob/Iles are vindicated in what they've been saying about KA and Ken Anderson FC get to see their man walk off into the sunset with a big bag of cash. Everybody wins and we can all move 

3 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

No need to feel sowwy for poor wickel Howard. I hear he's got a hot date tonight with someone called Cawessa Dick or summat like that. Hope she doesn't disappoint, its been a hard week for the poor wickel wamb.

Thought you were a bit better than that custard ......heyho you live & learn unless of course you are completely hammered in which case ......

11 minutes ago, Boothy said:

I didn’t think you nor Sluffy resorted to stuff like this because you were born before telephones were invented or something equally obscure. (Not that Sluffy was speaking for you when he kept say “we”)

I kept saying 'we' as a reference to those of us of a certain age, or older.  No doubt one day you will take a moment out to wonder on the changes you've seen during your lifetime and reflect on the things that are now commonplace that hadn't been around when you were growing up.  The point I was really trying to make though was that society too as also changed and moved on in that time and what was considered the 'right thing to do' back then is often no longer how society works today and thus some of us (myself included) have values that may well have become outdated and even ridiculed by todays generation but still mean much to us.

I like to think in the main I can accept it, my world as been changed to one that has been shaped by what my children's generation wanted, and in turn their children is changing yet again as they come of age and influence and adapt it.

I would like to think I've not played any part in Howard withdrawing from the site but I can understand why Chris was concerned about the detail of some of the things he read from H, as the devil is contained within it, or so the saying goes.

Maybe, probably, social media is not suited to the discussion of such minutiae - indeed places like Twitter and FB is often full of 'whoppers' that are told which people seemingly believe without question.  Similarly social media doesn't seem to deal well with people who disagree with the general consensus  - they are often blocked, abused, threatened (rape and even death threats made - as per the lady who started the Stop Brexit Petition), - and all over something someone said on the ether.

Chris was probably best to flag up his concern about some of the detail said by H, and left it at that.  Maybe H over reacted a bit and simply should have ignored or blocked him (and anyone else he was running out of patience with), maybe too many harsh words have been posted about Chris since H seemingly walked away, and certainly several unnecessary, embarrassing  and petulant posts from Chris since then, should probably not have been sent - which as cheapened his virtuous aim of simply seeking to bottom out the facts of the matter.

I don't think anyone wins over this spat.

If he doesn't return then I'd very much like to thank H for his input over the last two weeks, certainly educational, informative and for me at least, highly entertaining and enthralling .  As for Chris I do continue to have a great deal of respect for him and his intent to seek out a clear understanding of things but perhaps for him (and myself) our day is past and the norm of today is to accept things at face value and not to question to much what social media 'influencers' say?

I do hope, think, believe that H has been right all along (in the most part anyway) but maybe some/Chris simply wanted absolute certainty of it?

Was that really such a bad thing to want?

Boby Brno - fwiw it seems clear to me that Chris isn't defending KA per se but defending the honour and integrity of the accountants/auditors and their honesty and professionalism, in the compiling and certifying of the books at the club.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Steejay said:

Been on here about 6 months and I don’t get it that people take things so personal. FFS we all have different views, ideas etc but get your thoughts on here and give us summat to talk/argue about. Don’t spit dummies out, don’t offer straighteners . We have one thing in common, we love our team, let’s not be fucking kids. It’s not me versus you, let’s agree to maybe disagree sometimes...

I’ll have a straightener with you

port n brandy at 1st away next season.

6 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I kept saying 'we' as a reference to those of us of a certain age, or older.  No doubt one day you will take a moment out to wonder on the changes you've seen during your lifetime and reflect on the things that are now commonplace that hadn't been around when you were growing up.  The point I was really trying to make though was that society too as also changed and moved on in that time and what was considered the 'right thing to do' back then is often no longer how society works today and thus some of us (myself included) have values that may well have become outdated and even ridiculed by todays generation but still mean much to us.

I like to think in the main I can accept it, my world as been changed to one that has been shaped by what my children's generation wanted, and in turn their children is changing yet again as they come of age and influence and adapt it.

I would like to think I've not played any part in Howard withdrawing from the site but I can understand why Chris was concerned about the detail of some of the things he read from H, as the devil is contained within it, or so the saying goes.

Maybe, probably, social media is not suited to the discussion of such minutiae - indeed places like Twitter and FB is often full of 'whoppers' that are told which people seemingly believe without question.  Similarly social media doesn't seem to deal well with people who disagree with the general consensus  - they are often blocked, abused, threatened (rape and even death threats made - as per the lady who started the Stop Brexit Petition), - and all over something someone said on the ether.

Chris was probably best to flag up his concern about some of the detail said by H, and left it at that.  Maybe H over reacted a bit and simply should have ignored or blocked him (and anyone else he was running out of patience with), maybe too many harsh words have been posted about Chris since H seemingly walked away, and certainly several unnecessary, embarrassing  and petulant posts from Chris since then, should probably not have been sent - which as cheapened his virtuous aim of simply seeking to bottom out the facts of the matter.

If he doesn't return then I'd very much like to thank H for his input over the last two weeks, certainly educational, informative and for me at least, highly entertaining and enthralling .  As for Chris I do continue to have a great deal of respect for him and his intent to seek out a clear understanding of things but perhaps for him (and myself) our day is past and the norm of today is to accept things at face value and not to question to much what social media 'influencers' say?

I do hope, think, believe that H has been right all along (in the most part anyway) but maybe some/Chris simply wanted absolute certainty of it?

Boby Brno - fwiw it seems clear to me that Chris isn't defending KA per se but defending the honour and integrity of the accountants/auditors and their honesty and professionalism, in the compiling and certifying of the books at the club.

I think the only answer is to get a room with custarddiet Sluffy :D

47 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I'm not sure implying that many of us simply follow what 'Influencers' say is your best play here Sluffy. 

It seems Howard has thrown it in because of this type of high mindedness. This wasn't a cult, we are in the middle of the likely the worst crisis this club has ever seen and one person seemed to keep calling it right, now that individual is gone but we get to keep the sanctimonious, tedious pedants that made sure he felt it wasn't worth posting here anymore. Oh joy!

45 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I think the only answer is to get a room with custarddiet Sluffy :D

We might have to share one soon at the old peoples retirement home!

But seriously isn't it better to question sometimes than simply accept everything that we are told?

I'm out of my depth with the things H as been telling us - but to me they have made sense - and any queries I've had have kindly been answered by H to my satisfaction.

But what happens when the few that do know about this sort of stuff disagree with some of what is said?

If you've been brought up to believe the bigger picture is more important than some minor detail - then fine - but what do you do if you've been brought up to believe without the minor detail you can't say what the bigger picture will really turn out to be?

There is a sort of culture clash - a clash of the old and the new if you will.

I was brought up to pay attention to detail.  Some years back though this clash of the old and new was brought home to me, in that the job I was doing could not be done in the time available to me.  I was told don't worry about the detail, as we had to get the volume of work through by a certain date - it was accepted that mistakes would unavoidably occur but would have to be sorted out at a later date after meeting the deadline.  It felt wrong to me to authorise work I wasn't completely happy with - and knowing it would involve future costs - but in doing so targets would have been met payment and bonuses triggered and some/all of us would have long since moved on by the time the shit of not doing the job properly in the first place, would hit the fan.

It was then that I realised the world I had known had changed and that I had moved on into another world (todays world) where this was normal and accepted.  

I might not like at times it but that's how it is.

Not everything in it is bad and not everything in the world I grew up in was fantastic either.

Social media isn't something I was brought up with, it was simply something my kids played on as they were growing up - now it's an essential communication tool that we all need access to.

I simply don't comprehend the gullibility that many people have of what is told to them on the internet, that they simply believe without question - I highlight Iles as having such unquestioned influence.  That's fine if you do it honestly and fairly - but what about if you do it and aren't?

I think H has told us the big picture, one that most of us (including myself) accepts as a more than realistic outcome, Chris on the other hand isn't seeing how the minor details as told can build the bigger picture?

Does it really matter one way or the other - we will all find out the answer soon enough.

I guess it does to H, otherwise why go - and I guess it does to Chris - why else push the issue?

As I say no winners here.

I don't believe H to have had a particular agenda, at least about the likely outcome of events.  I don't believe Chris has an agenda either other than to bottom out all the details that have been given.  

Could they have got on if they had both been of the same generation - I'm sure they could.

Unfortunately they don't and this is where the clash stems from.

Shame about how it's ended between the two (and Chris's unnecessary later posts) - but that is how todays world works - and as it is today's world, it is up to the old ones like myself to accept and adapt the best way one can to it, because my old world is no more.

That's simply just facing up to the reality of life and a constantly changing world.

26 minutes ago, perth_white said:

I'm not sure implying that many of us simply follow what 'Influencers' say is your best play here Sluffy. 

It seems Howard has thrown it in because of this type of high mindedness. This wasn't a cult, we are in the middle of the likely the worst crisis this club has ever seen and one person seemed to keep calling it right, now that individual is gone but we get to keep the sanctimonious, tedious pedants that made sure he felt it wasn't worth posting here anymore. Oh joy!

Well I guess I'm guilty of following the 'influencer' who is H, he/she's certainly spellbound me. 

I'm out of my depth on the subject but what as been explained to us by H makes sense to me and questions I have had answered to my satisfaction.

If H as called it right - as I believe they have, then the end game is already in process and there's probably not really much they can add to it even if they had stayed - which of course I hope they do.

As for the tedious pedant to which you refer, they have been the most knowledgeable and communicative of what's been going on in financial terms for the last two or three years - for which I thank him.

Do we really want to be left with Iles and Nixon as our best and only remaining source of understanding things from now on if we succeed in allowing them both to go?

I hope not.

1 minute ago, Sluffy said:

Well I guess I'm guilty of following the 'influencer' who is H, he/she's certainly spellbound me. 

I'm out of my depth on the subject but what as been explained to us by H makes sense to me and questions I have had answered to my satisfaction.

If H as called it right - as I believe they have, then the end game is already in process and there's probably not really much they can add to it even if they had stayed - which of course I hope they do.

As for the tedious pedant to which you refer, they have been the most knowledgeable and communicative of what's been going on in financial terms for the last two or three years - for which I thank him.

Do we really want to be left with Iles and Nixon as our best and only remaining source of understanding things from now on if we succeed in allowing them both to go?

I hope not.

Left with only Iles and Nixon? That's a terrifying thought, can't say I've given their opinions any credence at all and passing along Howard's predictions has helped steer my Dad a little away from the press, who seem to be clueless on the matter. However now it seems that I won't hear from Howard and that's a sad state of affairs.

It's like Custard has been waiting all his life for people to give a rat's ass about his area of expertise and just when the chance came along there was a cooler kid on the playground and he just couldn't handle it. Now he gets to be top accountancy wanker but he's shown his cards with his daft later posts. Someone posted about him being obsessed with 17p whilst 3 million quid got nicked and that is exactly the vibe he's giving off. I very rarely post but this has boiled my piss.

10 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

What I want to see is how many bogies you got today and other such insights, darrener. Come on you know it makes sense.

Bogeys? We don't talk about them Chris, always best to look at the positives of any round of golf. 😉

7 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Thought you were a bit better than that custard ......heyho you live & learn unless of course you are completely hammered in which case ......

Sorry you didn't like the Caressa Dick line. A contestant came up with it unwittingly as an answer on Pointless . Richard and Alexander thought it was very funny. So did I.

22 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

There seems to be nowt in the Sunday papers about a potential takeover and the BN has nothing there really.I don't think a £30 million cash takeover of a club would go under the radar of the national press, hope im wrong

Apparently,  along the lines of the numbers clamouring for a 2nd referendum,  the individuals supporting Howard and indeed new " posters " are actually bots based in Leningrad ( or whatever the fuck it's called these days ).

10 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

Apparently,  along the lines of the numbers clamouring for a 2nd referendum,  the individuals supporting Howard and indeed new " posters " are actually bots based in Leningrad ( or whatever the fuck it's called these days ).

Wigan

12 hours ago, lofthouse said:

who now can I put my question to? Howard’s gone, cos of people on this site giving him grieve.. why so serious.. can any body confirm that the mistry buyer has bought the debt of the davies family? If not we’re all discussing a load of bollocks.. 

If the Mistry buyer says Tata we are truly done for.

15 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

I think I just signed my own death warrant and if that's the case I genuinely hope you get your take over sorted sharpish and it does look more promising than it did last week.

Al si thi.

If the Howard thing was a Wiganer on a Wum it  was a good one, can't say   I ever fell for it mind 😉