Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Ok I’m questioning the validity of the statement and referencing the uproar at not being paid as context for why I’m questioning it. 

I understood the PFA to be able to make a statutory payment amount to each member in the event of a default, not the full wages.

you last response said you were not questioning the validity of the statement, but now you are.

7 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

And I’m saying that investing protects his business, control from within etc.

You do not know he is part of the investment but you are telling people why he is doing something that he might not even be doing.

37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hang on Chris, not sure Ken went big on employing folk to run the club!

He couldn't afford to go big. He brought in Paul Aldridge, employed a  new  head of finance and Phil Parkinson and his team to run the football side. Given the constraints they achieved a lot in two years, despite persistent sniping from the ST and BN whilst keeping Blumarble at bay and finding  money to pay off Holdsworth.

I'd say that one of the biggest achievements was keeping most of the loyal permanent staff employed  and together. Apparently Marc Iles, who knows  next to nothing about business finance, thinks (I use the word loosely) that Eddie Davies should have put the club into admin three years ago.

Edited by Chris Custodiet
spelling correction

1 minute ago, Ani said:

You do not know he is part of the investment but you are telling people why he is doing something that he might not even be doing.

Ani, are you ok? 

I didn’t link him to the bid, I’m simply replying to a comment further up where somebody suggested that Warburton, James and Heathcote were fans and that this would be the rationale behind their involvement. 

In terms of the PFA I asked you why it was such a sticking point, I awaited your answer before questioning your statement. 

10 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Ani, are you ok? 

I didn’t link him to the bid, I’m simply replying to a comment further up where somebody suggested that Warburton, James and Heathcote were fans and that this would be the rationale behind their involvement. 

In terms of the PFA I asked you why it was such a sticking point, I awaited your answer before questioning your statement. 

I am fine. 

I am getting the strong whift of Cheese.

Goodbye.

If Basran has been working on this since December as per his social media, what do we think the hold up could be on due diligence relating to a relatively small business? 

Nothing material has changed in this timeframe other then KA defaulting on his loan and the creditor bill growing, including the legal costs KA is presumably charging back to the club...

As I have said all along, this comes down to the availability of funds or lack thereof.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Ani said:

I am fine. 

I am getting the strong whift of Cheese.

Goodbye.

Nope. I couldn't give a flying fuck about the ins and outs of our finances. I support a football team, and that's it.

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

If Basran has been working on this since December as per his social media, what do we think the hold up could be on due diligence relating to a relatively small business? 

Nothing material has changed in this timeframe other then KA defaulting on his loan and the creditor bill growing, including the legal costs KA is presumably charging back to the club...

As I have said all along, this comes down to the availability of funds or lack thereof.

Ken changing the terms of the deal? How long was the Wigan due diligence?

It reads to me like an ongoing negotiation....terms agreed...due diligence throws something up...buyers pull out temporarily....more negotiation.....

5 hours ago, Howardroark said:

I suspect that you are Clint, given the Royal Marine connection.

Yes because there’s only ever been 1 Royal Marine to support Bolton.

moving on.

You would have thought the local press would have left it till later in the day before tweeting/reporting that the players haven’t been paid. If he does end up having to pay them it’s likely to be a last minute payment.

17 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It reads to me like an ongoing negotiation....terms agreed...due diligence throws something up...buyers pull out temporarily....more negotiation.....

How much can realistically be changed? Ken has one figure (loan) plus his cut on top, he isn’t going to take the debts with him.

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

No, I don't think that is correct, the issue must be about removing the lien on the shares.

I believe you can't sell something when there is security held against it by someone else, at least not without their specific approval.

Until The estate of Eddie Davies is repaid for the loan against the share ownership of the club, or they give legal authorisation permitting the sale, then nothing can happen.

It seems eminently reasonable that Eddie's estate wants the money before they release the lien.

Once that is done the sale can progress further down the line.

As we are told by the esteemed Mr Iles that a sale as been agreed - I read that as, a price has been agreed by both sides and the money as been proved to be real and available to complete the deal - then the only practical thing stopping it going ahead is that Anderson has hocked the ownership shares to Eddie and he's not yet paid him (his estate) back to redeem them.

9 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

No, I don't think that is correct, the issue must be about removing the lien on the shares.

I believe you can't sell something when there is security held against it by someone else, at least not without their specific approval.

Until The estate of Eddie Davies is repaid for the loan against the share ownership of the club, or they give legal authorisation permitting the sale, then nothing can happen.

It seems eminently reasonable that Eddie's estate wants the money before they release the lien.

Once that is done the sale can progress further down the line.

As we are told by the esteemed Mr Iles that a sale as been agreed - I read that as, a price has been agreed by both sides and the money as been proved to be real and available to complete the deal - then the only practical thing stopping it going ahead is that Anderson has hocked the ownership shares to Eddie and he's not yet paid him (his estate) back to redeem them.

All correct with the exception of the money being real (not £28 m anyway)if it were you, you’d want your money first if dealing with KA

Edited by Howardroark
Addition