Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Player's agents working overtime to sort out new clubs for Thursday perhaps? 

2 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

oh look, another noob

So you don't think a no deal Kexit is possible? Anderson clearly won't cough up the wages and Basran hasn't been falling over himself to pay Anderson's bills for him, so it has to be a possibility, albeit unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

So you don't think a no deal Kexit is possible? Anderson clearly won't cough up the wages and Basran hasn't been falling over himself to pay Anderson's bills for him, so it has to be a possibility, albeit unlikely.

Why should he pay someone else’s bill’s?

Just now, Breightmet Boy said:

Why should he pay someone else’s bill’s?

Exactly.

I'm assuming - assuming therefore not necessarily the case - that Anderson wants all debts settled as part of any deal, but the bills keep racking up and have done since the "sold in principle" nonsense as a result of which the asking price has changed, hence the delay.

1 minute ago, Blondi said:

Fingers crossed!

:) TBF they've put in the effort recently and it's questionable as to whether we'll be able to afford better quality in the near future.

But if I was a poncey millionaire footballer who hadn't been paid again, had been lied to by the owner again and faced the possibility of becoming a free agent in two day's time I'd be getting my agent to ask around if only to explore my options.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

:) TBF they've put in the effort recently and it's questionable as to whether we'll be able to afford better quality in the near future.

But if I was a poncey millionaire footballer who hadn't been paid again, had been lied to by the owner again and faced the possibility of becoming a free agent in two day's time I'd be getting my agent to ask around if only to explore my options.

now thats funny!

im pretty sure that every player has had their agent on the case since october.

there is a very good reason why they are all still here.

1 minute ago, HomerJay said:

now thats funny!

im pretty sure that every player has had their agent on the case since october.

there is a very good reason why they are all still here.

They aren't the best are they? Still they do reflect the club's situation. That said, League 1 is a battlefield at the moment with just 8 points separating Burton Albion in 11th (what happened to them?) and Oxford who are in the relegation zone so with just 10 games to go, teams at both ends might be tempted to make a stupid offer. All this is just conjecture though as Anderson must surely sell before it gets even worse and something should be sorted soon - whatever that turns out to be.