Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just a small point. The £5.5m is owed to Prescot Business Parks and not to Michael James. MJ owns only 20% of PBP with the  other 80% owned by billionaire, Tom Morris so, unless the shareholdings in PBP have also changed, it seems safe to assume that Mr Morris has approved any new arrangement.

Michael is a lifelong Wanderers fan and I'm encouraged that he's joined the consortium but I know of no great personal wealth of his or any of the consortium directors.

Good luck to them alI. I don't expect it will be very long before they too get frustrated by Messrs Iles and Bonnar. It'll be harder for Michael, as he lives in the area.

21 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Just a small point. The £5.5m is owed to Prescot Business Parks and not to Michael James. MJ owns only 20% of PBP with the  other 80% owned by billionaire, Tom Morris so, unless the shareholdings in PBP have also changed, it seems safe to assume that Mr Morris has approved any new arrangement.

Michael is a lifelong Wanderers fan and I'm encouraged that he's joined the consortium but I know of no great personal wealth of his or any of the consortium directors.

Good luck to them alI. I don't expect it will be very long before they too get frustrated by Messrs Iles and Bonnar. It'll be harder for Michael, as he lives in the area.

I believe the loan is and was an advance against future dividends to MJ, use of PBP was for facilitation.

13 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Informed as in I work in finance (to repeat a comment from Saturday). 

Why? Because I (perhaps incorrectly) felt there would be an appetite for it here.

Morning Howard 

Do you think the fact that Michael James is on board now precludes any other bidders  ?

Also with regard to Eddie Davies Trustees could you envisage a scenario whereby ( figures for illustrative purposes ) say Anderson has done a deal at £9 million and £8 million is paid to the trustees to clear the decks , the trustees in turn rebate the cost of Kens payoff  £1 million using these figures back to the purchasers as a discount so effectively its the trustees and not the buyers who have borne the cost of paying off KA ?   

2 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

I believe the loan is and was an advance against future dividends to MJ, use of PBP was for facilitation.

Sorry Howard,  can you explain further? Are you saying that  three years ago PBP made a secured loan of £5.5M to Bolton Whites Hotel due  for repayment on 29 January 2017 in lieu of future  dividends MJ could expect from PBP (or some other company)? PBP's  total capital and  reserves was only about £2m in 2016 and MJ owned only 20% of that.

At the last balance sheet date, 31 March 2018, PBP had capital and reserves of £5.8m. The small size of the corporation tax owing suggests that it included upward revaluations of property sold after the balance sheet date  (see note  9).

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07345546/filing-history

11 hours ago, Howardroark said:

As I’ve said, some funding must be available, of course, it’s just how much. 

Converting the loan to equity just means he can take an equity position for nothing whilst converting the amount owed to a directors loan. This has sizeable advantages in that he can request a drawing against the loan every month (higher than the repayments he was receiving), enjoy tax breaks on it and finally, releasing the lien on the car park allows for redevelopment which almost certainly will be awarded to PBP.

Sorry, Howard, but if the PBP loan was converted to equity it couldn't still be a loan. And if a loan due to PBP was converted into a loan due to Michael James I think you'd find that HMRC would be looking to PBP for a very large sum of money and, if MJ tried to draw on that loan, an even bigger sum.

As for the shares being acquired for nothing (or next to nothing) that's just what I would expect MJ to pay because frankly that's all they are worth..

Edited by Chris Custodiet

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Sorry, Howard, but if the PBP loan was converted to equity it couldn't still be a loan. And if a loan due to PBP was converted into a loan due to Michael James I think you'd find that HMRC would be looking to PBP for a very large sum of money and, if MJ tried to draw on that loan, an even bigger sum.

As for the shares being acquired for nothing (or next to nothing) that's just what I would expect MJ to pay because frankly that's all they are worth..

It can if it’s “converted to equity”

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Sorry Howard,  can you explain further? Are you saying that  three years ago PBP made a secured loan of £5.5M to Bolton Whites Hotel due  for repayment on 29 January 2017 in lieu of future  dividends MJ could expect from PBP (or some other company)? PBP's  total capital and  reserves was only about £2m in 2016 and MJ owned only 20% of that.

At the last balance sheet date, 31 March 2018, PBP had capital and reserves of £5.8m. The small size of the corporation tax owing suggests that it included upward revaluations of property sold after the balance sheet date  (see note  9).

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07345546/filing-history

Yes it’s against expected dividends/remuneration targets.

I wonder what Basran and Brittans end goal is? They aren't going to make any money off the club, unless they either get us in the Premier league or asset strip, which seems unlikely to recoup the amount they have paid.

I don't see them as having enough money to get us in the Prem, saving them getting lucky and get another Allardyce. Unless they have a very rich backer we don't know about. i know one of the new members of the board is a fan but he's not worth hundreds of millions.

Edited by dazl1212

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

I wonder what Basran and Brittans end goal is? They aren't going to make any money off the club, unless they either get us in the Premier league or asset strip, which seems unlikely to recoup the amount they have paid.

I don't see them as having enough money to get us in the Prem, saving them getting lucky and get another Allardyce. Unless they have a very rich backer we don't know about. i know one of the new members of the board is a fan but he's not worth hundreds of millions.

didnt already establish that basran has links to an ex-facebook bloke worth £9bn ?

1 minute ago, HomerJay said:

didnt already establish that basran has links to an ex-facebook bloke worth £9bn ?

Yes, I believe so but I am not sure whether or not that guy is involved. I would love to think he is mind you.

12 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

How about this - stabilise the club, run it well, hopefully have some on-field success - put it in a better place then sell it?

I'm not saying that is easy but its very possible even without spending loads. If they have NOTHING to spend then that becomes very unlikely. If they can clear the debts, run it "sustainably" with modest financial support (say £3M a year which is our current run rate so I'm told) then they could theoretically stabilise us around the bottom end of the championship with a fair wind, good decisions and a proper structure in place. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, HomerJay said:

where we up to now?

can i change my avatar yet?

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Avatar rights seem to have been withdrawn?

54 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

ken for life then.

I've just changed from my pig to a cow...

Just to make you envious.