Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

3 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Couldn’t make it up. Kexit on the 27th, Brexit on 29th what a torrid time to be alive. 

Howard, has the ACV decision had any negative effect on the sale to your VVITK knowledge / opinion?

No as the only part likely to be sold would be the hotel, which isn’t covered. 

The ACV ironically is one of the main reasons that administration isn’t really a possibility as the asset could not be sold or sold and leased back during the 3 month administration window, massively reducing the ability to come out of administration.

Just now, Howardroark said:

No as the only part likely to be sold would be the hotel, which isn’t covered. 

The ACV ironically is one of the main reasons that administration isn’t really a possibility as the asset could not be sold or sold and leased back during the 3 month administration window, massively reducing the ability to come out of administration.

Which way are you going with Brexit, Howard?

26 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Hi, 

It depends really, Weds doesn’t mean a great deal other than to confirm the inevitable. It’s the 27th that’s the big day, I think Ken will keep trying to sell until then before relinquishing his shares and sloping off. 

The only caveat to that is if a group simply wishes to avoid the winding up order they may show their hand and cause a delay to the proceedings, that may have a knock on effect of giving Ken more time. 

If Basran wants the club he’s going to have to pay at least £8M (that means nothing for Ken) up front because Moonshift don’t need to negotiate now, and as I’ve said before, if he had the cash he would’ve done the deal. That’s not to say he won’t be able to find it, but his ideal scenario was to extended terms on the big 3 secured debts (once it became clear Ken wouldn’t move) meaning the lowest possible entry costs . Some may say that’s so they can reinvest more in the club, others say it’s because they can’t afford to pay both secured and unsecured. Either way, Moonshift won’t negotiate with them, nor do they need to.

Thank Howard! Fingers crossed someone with deep pockets to chuck away 30 million plus down the drain to pay everyone off and avoid any admin process! So then at least next season we can start again on a even footing!

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I wonder if he realised, when penning his fairly damning assumptions and presumptions about KA and the way the club is run, that the paper was pretty much biting the hand that fed them. 

Presumptions and assumptions that look to be based on facts, I’m no Iles fan but he’s called it correct on Anderson and current events are proving that Iles was correct to bring it into the public domain. Whether that causes him to lose his job is neither here nor there, it’s his duty to report the facts. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Howard, if needed could you lead us into a takeover. We just need 10,000 fans with 5,000 quid to invest , that’s 50 million quid,!come on it’s not too late.just think we’d have an instant fan base who could become , maintenance, bar staff , cleaners stewards , painters... etc . We could make a fortune....

4 minutes ago, lofthouse said:

Howard, if needed could you lead us into a takeover. We just need 10,000 fans with 5,000 quid to invest , that’s 50 million quid,!come on it’s not too late.just think we’d have an instant fan base who could become , maintenance, bar staff , cleaners stewards , painters... etc . We could make a fortune....

You assume I’ve not been approached by another consortium.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

You assume I’ve not been approached by another consortium.

Your quasi-permanent presence on here suggests you’re close, but not THAT close.

Almost 100% I just saw superagent in Tesco Middlebrook wearing a Diesel 'Not Cool Any More' jacket. For the sake of painting the full picture it looked like he had 6 2-litre bottles of sparkling water in his trolley and nothing else. Moving from fact to speculation I did start to wonder if your wealthy types might have a fizzy shallow bath on a Monday after their day's graft.

2 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Almost 100% I just saw superagent in Tesco Middlebrook wearing a Diesel 'Not Cool Any More' jacket. For the sake of painting the full picture it looked like he had 6 2-litre bottles of sparkling water in his trolley and nothing else. Moving from fact to speculation I did start to wonder if your wealthy types might have a fizzy shallow bath on a Monday after their day's graft.

Maybe having his roots done and prefers a fizzy rinse