Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

And who was responsible for "pre Birmingham"? 

In my opinion, we were in a position of safety due to the incredibly poor form of Sunderland, Burton, Barnsley & Birmingham.  And we got some crucial wins despite being dominated by Bristol (wonder goal on the break), Villa when the snow came down after we scored, and Sunderland (Clough's handball).  I know everyone gets an occasional win against the odds like v Derby this season but those 3 in quick succession were freaky and saved us as much as the last 5 minutes v Forest did.

43 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

In my opinion, we were in a position of safety due to the incredibly poor form of Sunderland, Burton, Barnsley & Birmingham.  And we got some crucial wins despite being dominated by Bristol (wonder goal on the break), Villa when the snow came down after we scored, and Sunderland (Clough's handball).  I know everyone gets an occasional win against the odds like v Derby this season but those 3 in quick succession were freaky and saved us as much as the last 5 minutes v Forest did.

Good results = luck 

Bad results = Parky.

Good to know your thinking. 

Iles jumped the gun. And is now trying to backtrack. Al Nixon is a better source IMO and he said over weekend that things were progressing but that these deals take time. And to be cautious rather than expecting everything to be done in 24 hours.

Iles really shows a huge lack of experience at times taking one side's lines he is fed as absolute gospel. These things are all part of the negotiation. being semi-played out in public. 

Two huge factors in defence of PP;

1. Nigh on impossible to get the best out of people in any walk of life with the amount of turmoil in the background. Sure we've all experienced something broadly parallel in our careers. Doesn't mean he'd be great otherwise, does mean he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip. Look at this season pre and post Ken's self-inflicted "administration tomorrow" drama. Pretty sure there was a Ken-shaped catalyst to our shocking run towards the end of last season as well, but can't remember what it was.

2. Our entire squad cost £200k. And at a time when there's more money spent in this division than ever before.

As above, doesn't make him brilliant, just makes it very difficult to assess how he's performing. Personally, being in with a fighting chance at this stage given the above is about the best we can hope for, and way above the abject surrender last time the club was imploding financially.

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

As the clock runs out for Ken at the  the end of February I’m wondering what his plan B is if he does not sell. 

renegotiate / defer the Eddie loan. Just as big a problem ... even without paying it back, doesn't look like he's the cash to see us through the season.

22 minutes ago, wakey said:

renegotiate / defer the Eddie loan. Just as big a problem ... even without paying it back, doesn't look like he's the cash to see us through the season.

It is an interesting situation as I cannot see Moonshift wanting to own the club, perhaps they have a preferred owner lined up, perhaps Eddie left details of his before he passed away as to what he wanted Moonshift to do with the club, if KA did not repay the loan.  It is going to be an interesting few weeks. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, wakey said:

Two huge factors in defence of PP;

1. Nigh on impossible to get the best out of people in any walk of life with the amount of turmoil in the background. Sure we've all experienced something broadly parallel in our careers. Doesn't mean he'd be great otherwise, does mean he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip. Look at this season pre and post Ken's self-inflicted "administration tomorrow" drama. Pretty sure there was a Ken-shaped catalyst to our shocking run towards the end of last season as well, but can't remember what it was.

2. Our entire squad cost £200k. And at a time when there's more money spent in this division than ever before.

As above, doesn't make him brilliant, just makes it very difficult to assess how he's performing. Personally, being in with a fighting chance at this stage given the above is about the best we can hope for, and way above the abject surrender last time the club was imploding financially.

Sound analysis.

Get that on twitter and make people cry please.

• Moderators

Youri and JJ were free, free doesn't necassraily mean shit

the squad PP also has to work with had what shoud've been a £1M striker in it for half a season too and can't be discounted despite 1 goal in 17

monthly wage bills would be a better benchmark to compare our club to others in this league

I suspect we'd still be down at the bottom like

So basically Iles has caused a large case of premature ejubilation. Should never have reported that news in Saturday night in the tone that he did, if what Kenneth tells us is true.

So who knows.

Edited by Marc505

Probably not happening this season. Interested parties have to lodge an interest. They then have to provide assurrances they have the monies available (takes time), they then have to follow the instructions from the seller (for example, you have to pay to look at the book, you have to lodge £5m in a third party bank account etc, etc, then actually agree a price), the EFL then have to examine the incoming new owner to see if they meet their criteria (an you got to know they will do more due dilligence with us after the previous incarnations), this could easily take until the end of the season.

53 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Youri and JJ were free, free doesn't necassraily mean shit

the squad PP also has to work with had what shoud've been a £1M striker in it for half a season too and can't be discounted despite 1 goal in 17

monthly wage bills would be a better benchmark to compare our club to others in this league

I suspect we'd still be down at the bottom like

I read somewhere that Doidge's wage was 30k for 4months so 90k a year.This means he was on similar money to Lee (superagent not David) and less than one quarter of what Ken is taking out.

When the clubs strikers are on similar money to the owners son for modelling the club tracksuits or whatever  it is Lee does it doesn't bode well