Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just a few thoughts from me.

I would imagine that with their being a lien (Anderson has put up his ownership shares in the club as the asset for Davies £5 million loan) on the ownership of the club, that no sale could go through until that debt as been settled.

That's not an insurmountable problem but one that needs to be dealt with first before anything else I would imagine.

Also don't forget KA has a £5 million charge on the clubs assets - I would think he would want that sorting out before he left too.  I assume Moonshift, James and Warburton would want their charges dealt with also?

If the takeover is on - it does show that Due Diligence has been going on by prospective buyer/s for a number of weeks/months.

I would think plenty of twist and turns to come yet before the club is sold.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh that's what i thought, any savvy business folk would want to buy us as cheap as poss shirley?

Ken probably started the rumour to take the heat away from himself for a week or two.

Wouldn't be the first time

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet

Half of me hopes its the devil spawn of Ken purely buying it to finish off the internet moonmen who follow us. Day one a lovely announcement of signing Parky up with a 10 year contract. Day two, selling Luca Connell for a pound to Wigan, Day three, announce Donaldson as club captain.

The likes of Shortland Smurf and co, I would love them fall off a cliff edge.

4 minutes ago, Bigtoe said:

Day one a lovely announcement of signing Parky up with a 10 year contract. Day two, selling Luca Connell for a pound to Wigan, Day three, announce Donaldson as club captain.

Fcuk me, i'm going to be having nightmares tonight on the strength of those thoughts.

3 hours ago, Spider said:

Let’s put it this way

if he’s sold to some shithead charlatans then the cunts who’ve forced him to do so should wallow in the dung that follows

I fear he may have.

Presumably if it turns out alright, you'll be begging forgiveness from the brave souls who's protests made it happen?

The Warburton stuff is interesting. I don't think he's as bad as his stints at Rangers and Forest make out, but it'd still be an odd look for him to pull a consortium together to buy the club and stick himself in charge.

If a deal has been agreed in principle that would suggest there is some solution to paying Eddie's £5m, which is promising (unless the solution is BluMarble).

40 minutes ago, Bigtoe said:

Half of me hopes its the devil spawn of Ken purely buying it to finish off the internet moonmen who follow us. Day one a lovely announcement of signing Parky up with a 10 year contract. Day two, selling Luca Connell for a pound to Wigan, Day three, announce Donaldson as club captain.

The likes of Shortland Smurf and co, I would love them fall off a cliff edge.

Well that half of you is as bad as the folk who wanted us to lose in some bizarre effort to get Parky out 

surely every Bolton fan wants this to be promising 

Clearly it would be very difficult to be any worse 

18 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Presumably if it turns out alright, you'll be begging forgiveness from the brave souls who's protests made it happen?

The Warburton stuff is interesting. I don't think he's as bad as his stints at Rangers and Forest make out, but it'd still be an odd look for him to pull a consortium together to buy the club and stick himself in charge.

If a deal has been agreed in principle that would suggest there is some solution to paying Eddie's £5m, which is promising (unless the solution is BluMarble).

If something is really happening then I strongly hope that those who are buying the club have put in a great deal more than just the 8 or 9 working days or so since the initial fan protest in undertaking their first look at the clubs books as part of their due diligence and planning to proceed based on what they've seen in that short space of time.

I don't really think the 'brave souls' protest had much if anything to do with what happens on multi-billion pound business take overs which would no doubt had been on going for a number of weeks in camera prior to any 'Anderson out' laps of the stadium.

If the have however decided to progress with the purchase based on just a few days research - then God help them - and us!

5 hours ago, Spider said:

Let’s put it this way

if he’s sold to some shithead charlatans then the cunts who’ve forced him to do so should wallow in the dung that follows

I fear he may have.

On the button.

I don't care what everyone thinks about Ken. I had a hope that he was being truthful about finding a buyer that would take us forward, with the funds to back it up.

The turds wanting him out... & maybe forcing just to sell to any chancer if it happens, stick your head above the parapet, I'll happily shoot it off.

It may get worse very much so. You asked for it, bloody take it

17 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

You're confusing me with someone who does think Ken has been forced to sell. I don't, I agree with you.

I'm just saying you can't have it both ways.

Oh ok, I did think you were far more knowledgeable than to really think the protest led to the sale, but couldn't follow the point you were making.

I did think though it did give me the chance to try to make clear that it isn't a spur of the moment thing to buy a business for a few tens of millions of pounds without doing your homework on it first - which in turn highlights the absolute futility of the protests - demanding that a man who was already in the process of selling the club - who had several times publicly stated that he was actively trying to sell the club - to sell the club!

I've already seen people Twitter proclaim the success of the protest to force Anderson to sell.

No doubt they fully believe it too.

Good old Twitter eh!

(I presume FaceBook is just as bad).

Sale is ‘agreed in principle’ 

so all this worrying about if debt a has been factored in and what happens to such & such a thing have no doubt been discussed and agreed upon so stop all the fretting about those

in my mind the only thing that could now put a stop to this is Ken moving the goalposts. With his track record that’s the biggest worry at the moment 

but I think he’s now at that point where he’s that desperate to get out he’d be stupid to 

55 minutes ago, Sweep said:

It'll already be priced as a 3rd tier team I reckon

Not sure how relevant our league status is for any sale price 

We were in the championship last time and we sold for £1! What’s it going to be this time, 50p 

Joking aside I think it’s more a case of washing up the assets / liabilities. Of course the £5m additional TV money will come into play I suppose 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, freds dad said:

The Home Bargains Stadium. Sounds a bit shit.

Not when your front two are Messi and Ronaldo, and were 4 up against Northampton after 23 mins, 6 points clear at top and only 4 games left. 

9 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Sale is ‘agreed in principle’ 

so all this worrying about if debt a has been factored in and what happens to such & such a thing have no doubt been discussed and agreed upon so stop all the fretting about those

in my mind the only thing that could now put a stop to this is Ken moving the goalposts. With his track record that’s the biggest worry at the moment 

but I think he’s now at that point where he’s that desperate to get out he’d be stupid to 

I believe my guy, on this occasion, when he tells me that Ken has finally pulled the trigger after his family begged him to do so. 

He also said it was on the back of threats being made against him and his family, which I hope isn't the case. 

He also said it was on the back of threats being made against him and his family, which I hope isn't the case.

A single heavily soiled wanksock in the post with an ultimatum to sell up lest a dumper truck full turns up and tips three tonnes of them on his cushy Monaco lair's doorstep (in a 'disgruntled farmer in council tax dispute' stylee)?

Edited by Youri McAnespie

52 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

Not when your front two are Messi and Ronaldo, and were 4 up against Northampton after 23 mins, 6 points clear at top and only 4 games left. 

I’d hope to be more than 6 points clear with them two up front 

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

Jesus fucking Christ