Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

7 hours ago, wakey said:

Two huge factors in defence of PP;

1. Nigh on impossible to get the best out of people in any walk of life with the amount of turmoil in the background. Sure we've all experienced something broadly parallel in our careers. Doesn't mean he'd be great otherwise, does mean he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip. Look at this season pre and post Ken's self-inflicted "administration tomorrow" drama. Pretty sure there was a Ken-shaped catalyst to our shocking run towards the end of last season as well, but can't remember what it was.

2. Our entire squad cost £200k. And at a time when there's more money spent in this division than ever before.

As above, doesn't make him brilliant, just makes it very difficult to assess how he's performing. Personally, being in with a fighting chance at this stage given the above is about the best we can hope for, and way above the abject surrender last time the club was imploding financially.

I don't think it's difficult to assess how he's performing, that evidence is there for all to see every week.

That doesn't make him a bad manager, I think he's a (broadly speaking) good manager who's in a situation he can't turn around. It happens to the best of them.

15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Passed caring now both with the football on the pitch and the shenanigans off it. I’ll await a new dawn next season, new manager, new owner and new division, this season can GTF. 

I’d be inclined to agree but the fact we aren’t cut a drift gives me a bit of hope. 

• Site Supporter

Caught a few minutes on BBC Radio Manchester tonight on way to a meeting and had to get out of the car before the end. Guests were Alan Gowling, Jimmy Wagg, Jack Dearden and Marc Iles. If I knew how to find it I'd post a link on here (Or maybe the link only appears a few days later)

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I’d be inclined to agree but the fact we aren’t cut a drift gives me a bit of hope. 

Yep, it feels worse than what it says in the table. If you stand back a bit then it’s recoverable. When you’re at the games, it’s just depressing.

Edited by Steejay

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Usually I’m optimistic but can’t score so can’t win enough games to catch up. 

I'm about here too. Unfortunately, it seems the best we can hope for is 0-0 and with all the luck in the world, that isn't going to be enough.

23 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Caught a few minutes on BBC Radio Manchester tonight on way to a meeting and had to get out of the car before the end. Guests were Alan Gowling, Jimmy Wagg, Jack Dearden and Marc Iles. If I knew how to find it I'd post a link on here (Or maybe the link only appears a few days later)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06ygv5q

2 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Don't know about them, but Parminder Basran headed the UK group that Ken met but then reckoned he didn't.

Must be him;

investors and high net worth individuals, to focus on growth companies in the consumer and media sectors in the U.K.

6 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Don't know about them, but Parminder Basran headed the UK group that Ken met but then reckoned he didn't.

seen the LOV article and obviously company name could be a clue ... but any reason other than stumbling across them at companies house to believe they are the 'UK consortium'?

3 minutes ago, wakey said:

seen the LOV article and obviously company name could be a clue ... but any reason other than stumbling across them at companies house to believe they are the 'UK consortium'?

I wish I had something more concrete than just saying it came from someone who has given us inside stuff before.

Parminder Basran - founder of VGC Partners.

If you scroll down the following link a bit the company states the following -

"We are a growth capital investor. Our strategy involves taking significant minority stakes in private companies. We then work alongside management to optimise value during our ownership and help our companies sell to private equity or trade purchasers".

https://vgcp.co.uk/#Team

Maybe there was never an intention to take over from Anderson but to become a minority investor in the club?

Maybe Anderson wanted to sell completely rather than remain a majority shareholder?

Who knows, nobody knows the real facts other than Ken.

I doubt he's deliberately hanging on to the club if he really could sell it for a reasonable amount for all concerned.

Fwiw Basran is involved in loads of other Companies Registered at Companies House -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/tWzpK9xcmcMgYtynzeyPVZ6634o/appointments

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Passed caring now both with the football on the pitch and the shenanigans off it. I’ll await a new dawn next season, new manager, new owner and new division, this season can GTF. 

With you with that I gave up weeks ago had enough of it all. 

24 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Parminder Basran - founder of VGC Partners.

If you scroll down the following link a bit the company states the following -

"We are a growth capital investor. Our strategy involves taking significant minority stakes in private companies. We then work alongside management to optimise value during our ownership and help our companies sell to private equity or trade purchasers".

https://vgcp.co.uk/#Team

Maybe there was never an intention to take over from Anderson but to become a minority investor in the club?

Maybe Anderson wanted to sell completely rather than remain a majority shareholder?

Who knows, nobody knows the real facts other than Ken.

I doubt he's deliberately hanging on to the club if he really could sell it for a reasonable amount for all concerned.

Fwiw Basran is involved in loads of other Companies Registered at Companies House -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/tWzpK9xcmcMgYtynzeyPVZ6634o/appointments

Dont get a warm feeling from any of that especially the team at vgcp 

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

JCL:D