Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

The Preston chap on the other thread makes a reasonable point. The prems not all its cracked up to be and all us ever getting back in there would mean would be getting regularly mullered whilst becoming financially stable again.

Personally, I'd give my right ball for a bit of stability and just hanging around the championship for years like PNE have 

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

The Preston chap on the other thread makes a reasonable point. The prems not all its cracked up to be and all us ever getting back in there would mean would be getting regularly mullered whilst becoming financially stable again.

Personally, I'd give my right ball for a bit of stability and just hanging around the championship for years like PNE have 

No point in bothering if you only want to stand still.

Rather have had the memories and good times and some shit, than to bumble along in obscurity.

I'll settle for some stability for now though, and then gradually build again.

If we hadn’t seen such riches we could live with being poor...

The Preston fella is talking absolute fuckin shite.

Their entire support would chew thier left bollock off to see what we’ve seen. Winning at old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Ethiad etc etc. 

Its the pinnacle of club football and the biggest league in the world. 

A few seasons in there or spending your whole life watching a club in obscurity?

Aye bet that Cunt on the other thread can’t wait to tell his grandkids about the time Preston drew at home to gillingham on a Tuesday night once. Fuck off and do me a favour. 

It’s like having a fat cunt of an ugly wife and pretending you would fancy ten minutes with a glamour model. 

What a fuckin pillock. 

25 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I agree totally. I've no interest in being in the prem, where a minimum 12 games a season are a virtual write off and that only leaves 26 competitive games. Against the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Cardiff, Watford, Leicester, Palace. How thrilling. 

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I agree totally. I've no interest in being in the prem, where a minimum 12 games a season are a virtual write off and that only leaves 26 competitive games. Against the likes of Bournemouth, Brighton, Cardiff, Watford, Leicester, Palace. How thrilling. 

Kinell sounds like this season.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

26 competitive games in the most prosperous and entertaining division in the country? 

Nah you’re right I’d rather play Rotherham and Sheff Wednesday with 12k on. 

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Their entire support would chew thier left bollock off to see what we’ve seen. Winning at old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Ethiad etc etc. 

A few seasons in there or spending your whole life watching a club in obscurity?

Aye bet that Cunt on the other thread can’t wait to tell his grandkids about the time Preston drew at home to gillingham on a Tuesday night once. Fuck off and do me a favour. 

It’s like having a fat cunt of an ugly wife and pretending you would fancy ten minutes with a glamour model. 

What a fuckin pillock. 

When did we win at Stamford Bridge, just can't recall?

Just now, gonzo said:

What a fuckin pillock. 

I dont care what memories PNE fans have but for me the games of recent times we will remember fondly in 20 years will be Port Vale, Forest and Peterbrough. Despite the awful football, or maybe because of the awful football, these memories are precious. Just as Wrexham 87, Torquay 89, PNE 92, Hull 92, Reading at wembley etc. Great memories in the prem and Europe but genuinely no better than the others, just all filed under great BW occasions, whatever the division. The Prem just looks so boring unless you can truly compete like wolves for e.g..

Just now, gonzo said:

26 competitive games in the most prosperous and entertaining division in the country? 

Nah you’re right I’d rather play Rotherham and Sheff Wednesday with 12k on. 

How many do you think we'd get on v Bournemouth or Brighton? Too right i'd rather have sheff wed at home and a trip to Hillsborough or Rotherham. 

27 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I dont care what memories PNE fans have but for me the games of recent times we will remember fondly in 20 years will be Port Vale, Forest and Peterbrough. Despite the awful football, or maybe because of the awful football, these memories are precious. Just as Wrexham 87, Torquay 89, PNE 92, Hull 92, Reading at wembley etc. Great memories in the prem and Europe but genuinely no better than the others, just all filed under great BW occasions, whatever the division. The Prem just looks so boring unless you can truly compete like wolves for e.g..

Obviously it’s not the be all and end all, hence we are all still here, but I seriously think you’re forgetting what a good time we had in there, Even the season we finished bottom.

Yes days out at sheff weds are great, but I’d swap that for a shit loads of full houses and taking it to the big boys once in a while in a heartbeat. 

It’s the place everyone wants to be and rightly so. 

Triple H, former WWF champion said it best....and it's very close to home for us too

"It's all about the game and how you play it.
All about control and if you can take it.
All about your debt and if you can pay it.
It's all about pain and who's gonna make it"

• Moderators
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

My one and only visit to Stamford Bridge

When the away end was down the side in the lower tier

They might be one of the best teams in England and Europe, but that view was/is fucking shite

Like watching football through a letter box

8 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

My one and only visit to Stamford Bridge

When the away end was down the side in the lower tier

They might be one of the best teams in England and Europe, but that view was/is fucking shite

Like watching football through a letter box

I’ve only been twice the night game where sasa scored that wonder goal and the second when we got relegated was sat in the Shed with Chelsea fans as were quite a few Bolton fans, that wouldn’t have happened 20 years earlier for sure.

Edited by Mounts Kipper