Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Blondi said:

All I reckon is Mark Warburton is going to be our next manager and he's better than Parky, so happy days.

Aye, cos he's been fantastic since Brentford stopped accumulating cracking players for him

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

15m premier league bonus to Davies family sticking point it seems 

Don’t know why any fucker is worried about that in the immediate future

its the min £7m loss for relegation and the subsequent £50m+ they’d have to commit to get us anywhere near the Prem I’d be worried about finding 

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

its the min £7m loss for relegation and the subsequent £50m+ they’d have to commit to get us anywhere near the Prem I’d be worried about finding 

After yesterday.

that would be the least of anyone’s worries

13 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Agreed when looking at it like that but flip it the other way and would you invest £50m plus the cost of the club and then if you manage to get to the prem give £15m  away?

i personally see it very positively in that whoever it is behind this bid actually thinks we will get back there. I will take that all day everyday. 

Shows a decent level of acumen and foresight for me. But maybe I’m wrong 

Edited by Escobarp

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

15m premier league bonus to Davies family sticking point it seems 

KA will probably say "well if it happens just don't pay them, I wouldn't"

Not sure how you get round this though, other that worrying about it later or trying to convince them to take a lesser payment now, ie "we might never get there so you can have £3m now and call it quits"

Still, it's a lot of money for nothing as far as any new buyers are concerned

If none of the bidders agree to the 15 million then KA either pays the bills or the clubs shares go back into the hands of moonshift and ken is no more, what’s his best option before that happens? Is it voluntary liquidation? As a creditor to BWFC I think he’d get something out of it but would he recover the 5 million that Eddie gave him to settle the loan? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

28 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Agreed when looking at it like that but flip it the other way and would you invest £50m plus the cost of the club and then if you manage to get to the prem give £15m  away?

i personally see it very positively in that whoever it is behind this bid actually thinks we will get back there. I will take that all day everyday. 

Shows a decent level of acumen and foresight for me. But maybe I’m wrong 

It’s not quite giving £15m away though is it , it’s debt, the payment conditions are just really soft 

ED sold the club including all assets (Ground, Car Park, Hotel & Lostock) for £1 which in the grand scheme of things was a good deal as the assets were likely to be worth more than the debts (once he wrote off his loans). He kept the £15m clause in to stop anyone liquidating the lot and coming out with a quick buck 

From what I can see we are in a very similar situation to then, someone is going to get a chunk of assets in exchange for less money than they are worth. IF and it’s a big IF we get to the PL anytime in the next 2-3 years then the club brings in circa £200m and could more than afford to kick a bit back 

Not sure why it’s an issue at all, but then again I don’t know how much Ken is asking for his end, if it’s a great deal more than the £1 he laid out then the two figures combined may put investors off 

Anybody taking us over in the state we are in only makes a healthy return if we get to premier league it’s as simple as that. So they in their minds want to address the 15m deferred payment now. I suspect Davies family will allow to be negotiated out or downwards thus allowing a sale to progress. 

Again anyone who wants to get us back to the premier league and has the finances to do so is welcome to try  

22 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Anybody taking us over in the state we are in only makes a healthy return if we get to premier league it’s as simple as that. So they in their minds want to address the 15m deferred payment now. I suspect Davies family will allow to be negotiated out or downwards thus allowing a sale to progress. 

Again anyone who wants to get us back to the premier league and has the finances to do so is welcome to try  

My view for what it is worth is this.

As far as I understood things the £15 million loan that remained on the books after Davies had written off the rest that was owing to him, was left there to deter any possible attempt by the new owners to asset strip - ie the £15 million (plus as well the Michael James and Warburton loans) was secured as a charge against assets - which in effect made them unable to be sold or disposed of until the debt was settled by agreement of both parties.

Part of the conditions of the loan was the 'windfall' payments if the club became successful again to be promoted within (what I thought was a specific time frame - I had five years in my head for some reason - with next season being the fourth of the five - but I may be wrong about that).

I also was under the impression that at least the initial quoted asking price for the club in the 'taster' document was for £25 million with all loans being settled - which would have included the £15 million Davies loan and its attached 'windfall' payments.

Therefore to my way of thinking is that if the current prospective buyers are seeking a change to the attached terms to the £15 million Davies loan, then clearly they aren't paying off this loan in full and buying the club debt free, so consequently are going to take on some debt in the club - I guess the question would be how much?

Now as I've mentioned above the Davies loan charged against assets prevented anyone intending to 'strip' the club, so I guess a decision would have to be taken from the Davies (Moonshift) position as to how 'hard' the £15 million loan is to them - do they want it paid in full, happy to just write it all off and forget about it, or something in between the two positions - and if they are happy to write the loan off (or a large chunk of it), then what protection is there to prevent anyone now selling off the clubs assets that had been secured against the debt?  Maybe selling off the stadium even (the ACV only delays a sale, it doesn't prevent one).  In fact I'm not even sure if or how the ACV would effect this sale going through quickly as presumably the ownership of the stadium will pass from Anderson to the new owners? 

I know that some/many perceive me to be a supporter of Anderson (I'm not, nor for balance do I dislike him either) but it seems to me the clubs assets would be in more danger of disposal if the Davies loan is reduced or written off, than at anytime under the Anderson regime to date.

It also worries me that Basran's partner in Football Ventures (Whites) Ltd - which I for one assume is the business that will take control of the club (just like KA's Inner Circle Investments control it now) is someone by the name of Sharron Brittan, who (if it is the same person as this Bloomberg biography) seems to be vastly more orientated to property than football.

Ms. Sharon Brittan serves as Non-Executive Director at UKCloud Limited. During a career spanning more than 25 years Sharon has completed multiple real estate development projects and now advises on investment and asset management. Her achievements included co-founder and CEO of Britannia Row Business Centre, an award-winning property offering flexible workspace solutions; CEO of One Alfred Place, a private members business club in the West End of London which offers stylish, flexible work and meeting facilities where entrepreneurs and professionals combine to form a unique community; and CEO and Investment Director for a family office managing a portfolio of property, lifestyle and technology investments. First and foremost Sharon is the proud mother of four children. She is also passionate in her support for initiatives that give children the best possible start in life.

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=403818188&privcapId=263905652&previousCapId=263905652&previousTitle=UKCloud Limited

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11761052/officers

All just idle speculation on my part though but it does sound to me that the deal if it did go through as discussed above, it would mean the new owners still having to carry debt in the club, which presumably would need to be addressed sooner or later down the line?

3 hours ago, Sluffy said:

My view for what it is worth is this.

As far as I understood things the £15 million loan that remained on the books after Davies had written off the rest that was owing to him, was left there to deter any possible attempt by the new owners to asset strip - ie the £15 million (plus as well the Michael James and Warburton loans) was secured as a charge against assets - which in effect made them unable to be sold or disposed of until the debt was settled by agreement of both parties.

Part of the conditions of the loan was the 'windfall' payments if the club became successful again to be promoted within (what I thought was a specific time frame - I had five years in my head for some reason - with next season being the fourth of the five - but I may be wrong about that).

I also was under the impression that at least the initial quoted asking price for the club in the 'taster' document was for £25 million with all loans being settled - which would have included the £15 million Davies loan and its attached 'windfall' payments.

Therefore to my way of thinking is that if the current prospective buyers are seeking a change to the attached terms to the £15 million Davies loan, then clearly they aren't paying off this loan in full and buying the club debt free, so consequently are going to take on some debt in the club - I guess the question would be how much?

Now as I've mentioned above the Davies loan charged against assets prevented anyone intending to 'strip' the club, so I guess a decision would have to be taken from the Davies (Moonshift) position as to how 'hard' the £15 million loan is to them - do they want it paid in full, happy to just write it all off and forget about it, or something in between the two positions - and if they are happy to write the loan off (or a large chunk of it), then what protection is there to prevent anyone now selling off the clubs assets that had been secured against the debt?  Maybe selling off the stadium even (the ACV only delays a sale, it doesn't prevent one).  In fact I'm not even sure if or how the ACV would effect this sale going through quickly as presumably the ownership of the stadium will pass from Anderson to the new owners? 

I know that some/many perceive me to be a supporter of Anderson (I'm not, nor for balance do I dislike him either) but it seems to me the clubs assets would be in more danger of disposal if the Davies loan is reduced or written off, than at anytime under the Anderson regime to date.

It also worries me that Basran's partner in Football Ventures (Whites) Ltd - which I for one assume is the business that will take control of the club (just like KA's Inner Circle Investments control it now) is someone by the name of Sharron Brittan, who (if it is the same person as this Bloomberg biography) seems to be vastly more orientated to property than football.

Ms. Sharon Brittan serves as Non-Executive Director at UKCloud Limited. During a career spanning more than 25 years Sharon has completed multiple real estate development projects and now advises on investment and asset management. Her achievements included co-founder and CEO of Britannia Row Business Centre, an award-winning property offering flexible workspace solutions; CEO of One Alfred Place, a private members business club in the West End of London which offers stylish, flexible work and meeting facilities where entrepreneurs and professionals combine to form a unique community; and CEO and Investment Director for a family office managing a portfolio of property, lifestyle and technology investments. First and foremost Sharon is the proud mother of four children. She is also passionate in her support for initiatives that give children the best possible start in life.

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=403818188&privcapId=263905652&previousCapId=263905652&previousTitle=UKCloud Limited

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11761052/officers

All just idle speculation on my part though but it does sound to me that the deal if it did go through as discussed above, it would mean the new owners still having to carry debt in the club, which presumably would need to be addressed sooner or later down the line?

Can someone surmise that into a few lines?