Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston h

globaldiver

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

You know times are tough when you get PNE fans on here givin' it the big 'un.

Where's Fred Dicky when you need him? :D

They can see we are on a major downer and are taking advantage, but we'll be back and it'll be carnage I tell thee!! 

Preston have never turned Blackpool over in my lifetime. 

Last time they met they were meant to get off at kirkham where a mob of 50 Blackpool were waiting in a pub in wesham. 

They bottled it, carried on to town and smashed up the hop in which was empty. 

Remember watching Blackpool leg em over Moor Park when I went for nosey on a Friday night game 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, MickyD said:

Just found out I'm off to Deepdale tonight watching the Bucket Shakers (Wife's friend has a son playing for Bury). Oh joy!

Belting game. PNE lost 2-0.

Allardyce's son also played for Bury (Craig's lad) I reckon he's a stone short of being a great Centre Back.

Whilst a bit dull, Preston have a few interesting aspects to their history

For example, one of their invincibles used to walk his pet wolves around the pitch at half time

My usual match day party consists of eight die hard season ticket holders. Today only four of us will be present, even the die hards have had enough, sad, sad times.

I work with loads of Preston fans, good people, they think they are clicking into gear now they have their injured players back, they fully expect to dick us and I have struggled to argue with them. They are also proper giddy about selling out their allocation.

Someone mentioned previously you know times are bad when we get these knobbers giving it the big ‘un. They never registered back in the day. On some occasions they would bring a few fans to Burnden but they never had a mob, Bolton would go there and take over the place. How times change.

We have to stick with it in the hope and expectation that at some point our decline will finally bottom out and we can rise again. Anderson does not give a toss about Bolton the club, the fans or the town, he will milk us, maximise his profit and eventually disappear into a tax haven sunset. I can understand this, it is his club to do with as he wants.

I think he is a twat, but he is a clever twat. I am stunned that there are still many Bolton fans who can’t see him for what he is.

My grandad, God rest him, who was at Wembley in 1923 will be spinning in his grave!

Bolton to the bone. We WILL be back!

14 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Whilst a bit dull, Preston have a few interesting aspects to their history

For example, one of their invincibles used to walk his pet wolves around the pitch at half time

Second largest bus station in Europe as well.

Think they had the first KFC as well.