Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston h

globaldiver

• Site Supporter

Why doesn’t the useless cunt at least instill some sort of siege mentality?

an “us against the fucking world” stance?

even the most mediocre of talents will lay his bollocks on the line and give the opposition something to think about if he’s charging around with a fucking chip on his shoulder.

just give a shit for the shirt 

look at the daft twats in the stand who’ve turned up for you

Anything.

just don’t admit defeat before you’ve set foot on the pitch

4 hours ago, Biganddaft said:

I went all through the 80s and it was bad but fucking hell that I have just sat through is the worsed I kept looking at the clock hoping the 90 minutes were up 

80s was never this bad. 86-87 was our worst season in my lifetime, we got relegated to dIv 4 for God's sake. We didn't win in August, we didn't win in May. But we won at least 1 league game, plus cups, in every month Sep to April. Imagine that joy.

14 minutes ago, Spider said:

even the most mediocre of talents will lay his bollocks on the line and give the opposition something to think about if he’s charging around with a fucking chip on his shoulder.

Anything.

Couldn't have put it better myself

4 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

Put Parkinson on garden leave won’t cost anything paying him anyway put Philips or lee in charge till end off the season  doesn’t cost any more  can’t get any worse 

Would you realistically expect Lee and Phillips to get a relatively huge promotion and to work longer hours without pay rises?

20 minutes ago, Spider said:

Anything.

Spot on.

I think what hurts me most is the lack of passion and aggression, it's a local Derby FFS - they play like they don't care.

PP's obviously lost the dressing room, i just wish we could fucking lose PP

4 hours ago, 1969 said:

I've never walked early during a game (except that Wembley nightmare)but today as soon as there 2nd went in I was off I could not watch that shower of shit any more.Manager,players and staff could not disgrace that badge any more if they tried

Me too. Honestly never left before 88th minute before, and we'd have to be 3 down for that to happen. This is the worst, I think it was the total failure of Noone and Vela to complete a pass that did it for me, plus seeing Connolly at left back for no apparent reason. Remember Oz isn't good enough to get in this squad and ALF was surplus to requirements. Let's hope we fend off all those bids for Vela in the summer, what a prospect.

It can and will be talked to death but everyone including the man himself knows he would have been out of a job months ago in any "normal" situation.

Instead we're stuck with this horrible limbo that no-one wants to be in but is forced upon us by circumstance. Imagine the total lack of morale and drive to succeed in that dressing room, they're keeping relatively fit and doing football kind of things in warm ups etc, bit there's nothing else going on. They're just a shell of a team in a shell of a club.

I thought it was bad when we were virtually dead and buried last time we got relegated from Championship and this is at least as bad if not worse.

Edited by Marc505

4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Can I also be first to say what the fuck was Wilson doing with that pass? Can’t believe he’s been premier league player. 

Although Andy O'Brien, Zat Knight, Rasiak, Sordell, Mears were. I'd rather have Wilson. Its all just down to 1 person thinking you are worth a contract. Paul Gallagher spent much of his career in Div 1, what a tremendous player, did he do 1 pass that wasn't quality?

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Spider said:

Anything.

We had a player like that earlier this season but he was sent to a pub league 

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've always seen Wheater as a fully committed player, wholehearted in approach.

I wonder how he feels, trying to lose narrowly.

It's contrary to human nature.

They could do worse than get him to step in temporarily, even if it's just to tell his teammates it's ok to attack.

Felt for Wheater today, what more can a centre half do? He must think he could slot into any team in the top 20 of the championship and appear to be a decent player instead of looking like a non league player with us,

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Yeah but imagine going to a game home or away thinking you MIGHT get a result! What position we end up in is secondary.

That's the thought i always ever had watching Bolton over the years, but you know your going to lose once we go behind these days.

4 hours ago, onlyoneawalker said:

It’s verging on weird now this - when we scored you could have heard a pin drop bizarre.

i have never ever seen such a woeful abscent attacking bwfc team given the amount of championship and premier league appearances in that squad I just can’t get my head round it.

Preston as a footballing team were light years ahead of us it was like an fa cup game and we were the non league side - parky not be coming out with any bollox like 2 defensive errors cost us he should be utterly embarrassed he sent out a football team with that level of experience set up like that there is something very very wrong with our club

Well said. But think about if we had played a non league team, would we have looked as superior as PNE did today? No chance. When we played at Macclesfield as a prem team with pratley, Wheater, Riley etc we were so average in both games. Ditto against Eastleigh, never once looked superior. I just don't recall us playing football like PNE have in 2 successive years here, against anyone.

I reckon four of our starting 11 yesterday weren't required for the squads, let alone starting 11, of other championship teams. Only Ameobi would get in another championship side, on one of his good days.

Given the championship is significantly stronger this season than last, in my opinion, it's a miracle we're not complete cut adrift, bottom of the league, like we were three seasons ago

7 hours ago, Marc505 said:

It can and will be talked to death but everyone including the man himself knows he would have been out of a job months ago in any "normal" situation.

Instead we're stuck with this horrible limbo that no-one wants to be in but is forced upon us by circumstance. Imagine the total lack of morale and drive to succeed in that dressing room, they're keeping relatively fit and doing football kind of things in warm ups etc, bit there's nothing else going on. They're just a shell of a team in a shell of a club.

I thought it was bad when we were virtually dead and buried last time we got relegated from Championship and this is at least as bad if not worse.

We will potentially go down with a lower points total than last time and the feeling is actually worse this time

It’s so bad, there is no devilment to our play, no gamesmanship, no leadership, no shithousery. We accept every poor refereeing decision without a whisper, we don’t steal yardage, I have seen some unbelievable positional advantage gained by opposition teams this season but we never do it ourselves. When we give the opposition the ball back at a bounce up, it’s always kept in play. Referees pace out ten yards and our players are already standing at 12 yards. Is this a reflection of the manager? It just adds to the perception  that nobody really cares.

4 minutes ago, white noise said:

It’s so bad, there is no devilment to our play, no gamesmanship, no leadership, no shithousery. We accept every poor refereeing decision without a whisper, we don’t steal yardage, I have seen some unbelievable positional advantage gained by opposition teams this season but we never do it ourselves. When we give the opposition the ball back at a bounce up, it’s always kept in play. Referees pace out ten yards and our players are already standing at 12 yards. Is this a reflection of the manager? It just adds to the perception  that nobody really cares.

You are rght, they don't care

Might as well get on the hills every Saturday aternoon

5 minutes ago, white noise said:

We let a lot more than an ageing centre mid go when we didn’t renew Karl Henry’s contract.

Whether his legs had gone etc. is a different matter but he instilled every bit of ‘professionalism’ in the game into the whole team (and even ball boys/girls).

Ameobi is clearly a very good player, we have seen it with our own eyes 

Parky is failing to get a tune out of him for whatever reason. The hope is that another manager can improve him, arm round the shoulder type stuff. If the new manager can then get another 3 or 4 players going the same way then we might be able to at least salvage something from the season even if it’s only a shred of pride 

Relegation looks all but confirmed, if we win all of our remaining home games then we would still only just beat last seasons points tally and we ain’t winning half of them 

People keep saying we can’t afford to sack Parky, I can’t see how we can afford to keep him on. Let’s say for arguments sake he’s on £4k a week / £200k a year. Sack him today and we need to pay him £200k over the next year until we are rid of him. Wait another 3 months and it’s costing us £250k in further payments. He needs potting today 

Parky looks so much out of his depth now. As soon as winning a game becomes more than a big lad up top, two giant central defenders and hoofing the ball, he is devoid of ideas and has alienated any players that could have given us a plan b, Le Fondre, Oztumer etc.

He is so bad now, he is decimating the fan base and has killed the enjoyment, the passion and any sort of belief. 

When Donaldson scored, you could hear a pin drop.

Needs to go now, before he does irreparable damage to our club.