Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston h

globaldiver

15 minutes ago, onlyoneawalker said:

It was weird as fuck that goal going in I was trying to think about a less enthusiastic goal celebration and the closest I could get was Ancona Anglo-Italian Cup when they had Jesus sent off

That was far better.

As a twelve year old I thought the 'early bath' sequence on the new scoreboard was ace. 

Seems to have gone largely unnoticed, but Donaldson's goal yesterday disproved Newton's third law.

Previously, his rate of falling over backwards was exactly equal and opposite to the simplicity of converting the chance. Expecting a full EFL investigation on yesterday's goal. And maybe NASA.

Guest Nordkurve
2 hours ago, white noise said:

Parky looks so much out of his depth now. As soon as winning a game becomes more than a big lad up top, two giant central defenders and hoofing the ball, he is devoid of ideas and has alienated any players that could have given us a plan b, Le Fondre, Oztumer etc.

He is so bad now, he is decimating the fan base and has killed the enjoyment, the passion and any sort of belief. 

When Donaldson scored, you could hear a pin drop.

Needs to go now, before he does irreparable damage to our club.

When Season Ticket holders can't be arsed to show up because of the utter shite on show it really does tell the story. The striking options of Donkey 1 or Donkey 2 up front don't help either.  We are fucked whatever happens now. It is clear that there is no way to get rid of Parkinson due to a lack of funds. There is no way to get anyone in who could score some goals, and with another Winding up Order on Kens desk we are staring at a point deduction anyway as I will be amazed if he can get out of Admin now with the repayment to the Davies family due next month.

1 hour ago, onlyoneawalker said:

It was weird as fuck that goal going in I was trying to think about a less enthusiastic goal celebration and the closest I could get was Ancona Anglo-Italian Cup when they had Jesus sent off

In the NSL, my first impression was that it was in, but when there was so little reaction i thought it must have hit the side netting & it was only when they got ready for the restart kick off that i was sure that we'd scored.

TBF, the couple of minutes after that did generate some interest & noise from those who were left.

Parky seems happy to concede ground and then defend en masse. At this higher level teams are good enough to unpick defences. Someone said on SKY a few weeks ago ‘harassing is the new passing’. We simply do not do enough. 

16 hours ago, leigh white said:

I didn't mind watching Bolton home and away when we used to be proper shite, because it was so cheap. Those days have gone now, and fuck paying a lot of money to see even worse shite.

To be honest it's not about the cost. I can get tickets for £10 for mates (ex S/T holders) through lifeline for a few games, including Norwich, and I don't even go through the motions of offering them any more, nobody wants to go even if it's free. It was never this bad because in the 80s we were at least capable of scoring a meaningful goal occasionally.

He goes when Ken goes. No hope of him going beforehand 

why wield the axe and cost yourself money when the new mob will do that anyway? Either way this season is a lost cause 

Ken’s reluctance to take action put pay to that many many weeks ago! 

Were getting fuck all from the next 4 games, the other teams around us seem to have a bit about them and are picking up points here and there. We’ll be stone bottom by the end of the month 

survival is of course a mathematical possibility but the shit served up makes it absolutely impossible. 

I’ve backed us through good and bad, ups and downs whilst I felt there was fight and some hope. This clown is giving us neither at the moment so why should I return the favour? 

When you lose your ST holders and your every weekers as PP now has you know the games up 

until he’s out I’m out 

15 hours ago, snowball said:

If you didnt think pearson was best player on pitch then you watched a different game to me daft haircut and all

Difficult to say who was best between Browne, Gallagher, Maguire and Pearson. All 4 outstanding but i'd say Pearson 4th best because he started getting dispossessed on the halfway line when we had that half decent spell up to the 2nd goal. In comparison I've watched Gallagher against us about 6 times and I've yet to see him give the ball away. And every single 1 of his set pieces demand that you defend well, in total contrast to ours. MOM for me.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

He goes when Ken goes. No hope of him going beforehand 

why wield the axe and cost yourself money when the new mob will do that anyway? Either way this season is a lost cause 

Ken’s reluctance to take action put pay to that many many weeks ago! 

Were getting fuck all from the next 4 games, the other teams around us seem to have a bit about them and are picking up points here and there. We’ll be stone bottom by the end of the month 

survival is of course a mathematical possibility but the shit served up makes it absolutely impossible. 

I’ve backed us through good and bad, ups and downs whilst I felt there was fight and some hope. This clown is giving us neither at the moment so why should I return the favour? 

When you lose your ST holders and your every weekers as PP now has you know the games up 

until he’s out I’m out 

I agree with sentiment but still doing Wigan away

13 hours ago, Traf said:

Yes, if it was an audition for the full-time job.

Or put another way that's your employer taking the piss. Has to be a law against replacing a manager on say £250k salary with someone on £40k but saying 'prove yourself'. KA would love to pull that trick and he wont be around in July when Lee is told to get back to his day job, with a relegation on his CV.

26 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Difficult to say who was best between Browne, Gallagher, Maguire and Pearson. All 4 outstanding but i'd say Pearson 4th best because he started getting dispossessed on the halfway line when we had that half decent spell up to the 2nd goal. In comparison I've watched Gallagher against us about 6 times and I've yet to see him give the ball away. And every single 1 of his set pieces demand that you defend well, in total contrast to ours. MOM for me.

Fair enough that all much better than anything weve got. Just wasnt having it that folk only noticed pearson coz of his wank haircut all very good championship players who i dont think cost a fortune. 

• The topic was unpinned

They took him from United's reserve team for a few hundred grand. Probably worth ten times that now.

My cousin plays for United u21s and for England u19s and he wanted out this summer. I tried to give Wanderers the nod but nowt happened. Not sure what I expected really.

12 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

My cousin plays for United u21s and for England u19s and he wanted out this summer. I tried to give Wanderers the nod but nowt happened. Not sure what I expected really.

I tipped them off about "a bloke I know" over here. Past his best, not played for years, and wasn't much cop back in the day. Was offered a trial ...

53 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

They took him from United's reserve team for a few hundred grand. Probably worth ten times that now.

Aye, we turned down a £12.5m bid from Stoke, last July.

He's different class. 

Not much I can add about the game yesterday, really. So frustrating that we were wank up top. Should have had at least 4. 

We never really needed to get out of 2nd gear. It was like a training session for large parts, and I think that was reflected by our fans, who I thought were pretty shite. Everything was just so laid back.

You lot reminded me of us under Graham Westley. It's fucking horrible, I know exactly how you all feel.

The sooner you pot PP and turf Ken out, the better. 

Good luck with everything, hopefully you'll get all the bollocks sorted soon enough. 

12 minutes ago, PrestonCha said:

He's different class. 

Not much I can add about the game yesterday, really. So frustrating that we were wank up top. Should have had at least 4. 

We never really needed to get out of 2nd gear. It was like a training session for large parts, and I think that was reflected by our fans, who I thought were pretty shite. Everything was just so laid back.

You lot reminded me of us under Graham Westley. It's fucking horrible, I know exactly how you all feel.

Good luck with everything, hopefully you'll get all the bollocks sorted soon enough. 

Good lad

13 minutes ago, PrestonCha said:

He's different class. 

Thanks, but at this moment in time I'd settle for potting PP

2 hours ago, snowball said:

Fair enough that all much better than anything weve got. Just wasnt having it that folk only noticed pearson coz of his wank haircut all very good championship players who i dont think cost a fortune. 

He was obviously very good, just thought others were as good if not better on the day and yet he stands out more. Helps when no bolton player goes within 5 yards of him.

Someone basically said it was the best performance from a player they can remember, like a Messi had turned up for a kids 5 a-side game. He wasn’t that good, didn’t need to be.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

My apologies. :D

No need pal :D

I already have a couple of season tickets, so i'm used to witnessing this shite week  after week, i just needed an extra ticket or two for the Preston game - although after what we witnessed, i very much doubt i'll need extra tickets ever again.

Cheers TMGJ