Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Preston h

globaldiver

11 minutes ago, PrestonCha said:

Where have you got those figures from?

The exact figures are correct and are from a source within the club.  Preston North End as I am sure your aware are probably like a number of clubs who like to appease fans that want to know where the monies are being spent and tend to put out headline grabbing figures that look good but have very little to do with the truth..... For example Darnel Fisher was signed for an undisclosed figure but my source and if you google his transfer and read the relevant pages will tell you he actually costs us nothing as Rotherham wanted to be seen to be selling  a player rather than giving him a way, the truth more than likely in a lot of cases with relegated clubs is that they need higher earners off the books quickly.

37 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

On the plus side it shows that with some reasonable investment a decent team can be moulded, what surprises me about KA is that with him and his sons knowledge of the market why didn’t he and his son bring in young players and look to a manager who could improve them in order to sell for a profit, surely that would lead to making more of a profit than trying to sell a football club, it might of increased the value of the club as well, when I look at Anderson’s tenure in charge I think it’s now apparent he’s done a terrible job. 

You’re overestimating young Mr A’s abilities as an agent.

4 hours ago, WHITE BOY said:

As a Preston fan I can only commend you on you level of support at yesterdays game.  If Preston played like that we would struggle to get on 7000.  If I am being honest I came away from yesterdays game in a little bit of shock, If that's what you guys have had to put up with I think they should be giving you free season tickets for next season.  You didn't seem to have any particular pattern to you play for most of the game and played with about 9 defensive players.  Not what I expected to see from Bolton Wanderers.  Good luck for the rest of the season I think your going to need it if you don't change your management quickly..... you never know you might get the Ole effect.... half of the Ole effect would do for you boys.  Hope you boys stay up nice to have local games and all that, just hope next time we play you you have progressed.

Bolton fans aren't exactly famous for their loyalty but the crowd figures have been remarkable this season really, averaging over 14,500 to watch a club with no ambition for the football team. The ambition if there is any is to simply not go bust (while paying the owner a handsome wedge of course), paying the monthly wages on time is a news event in these parts

Parkinson is clearly fireproof and has the secures job in the world. So with that in mind, why is he so ultra boringly cautious. He’s got no bollocks.

That was the shitest we’ve been all season, folk leaving on mass early, the non celebration for the goal which is unique. 

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, PrestonCha said:

You're full of shit lad.

You can't even spell half of the players names correctly.

Goon.

Ah fuck off.

A couple of well reasoned posts from him and you're giving it the big un.

Does it matter if a couple of values were out a bit? A rational explanation of how Preston are approaching their recruitment and growing as a club; something that we would do well to look at.

6 hours ago, PrestonCha said:

You're full of shit lad.

You can't even spell half of the players names correctly.

Goon.

I think to be fair to Bolton fans it would be nice if you could … entertain.... them with some more productive comments than you have managed for the last couple of days. 

Hence why I am on this forum with decent folk and not on the forum that your type frequent....