Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
boltondiver

Preston h

2 hours ago, Kane57 said:

Did Josh Vela even touch the ball after coming on?

Apparently we won't be able to hang onto him when Leeds and Birmingham put in huge bids.

I reckon four of our starting 11 yesterday weren't required for the squads, let alone starting 11, of other championship teams. Only Ameobi would get in another championship side, on one of his good days.

Given the championship is significantly stronger this season than last, in my opinion, it's a miracle we're not complete cut adrift, bottom of the league, like we were three seasons ago

7 hours ago, Marc505 said:

It can and will be talked to death but everyone including the man himself knows he would have been out of a job months ago in any "normal" situation.

Instead we're stuck with this horrible limbo that no-one wants to be in but is forced upon us by circumstance. Imagine the total lack of morale and drive to succeed in that dressing room, they're keeping relatively fit and doing football kind of things in warm ups etc, bit there's nothing else going on. They're just a shell of a team in a shell of a club.

I thought it was bad when we were virtually dead and buried last time we got relegated from Championship and this is at least as bad if not worse.

We will potentially go down with a lower points total than last time and the feeling is actually worse this time

It’s so bad, there is no devilment to our play, no gamesmanship, no leadership, no shithousery. We accept every poor refereeing decision without a whisper, we don’t steal yardage, I have seen some unbelievable positional advantage gained by opposition teams this season but we never do it ourselves. When we give the opposition the ball back at a bounce up, it’s always kept in play. Referees pace out ten yards and our players are already standing at 12 yards. Is this a reflection of the manager? It just adds to the perception  that nobody really cares.

4 minutes ago, white noise said:

It’s so bad, there is no devilment to our play, no gamesmanship, no leadership, no shithousery. We accept every poor refereeing decision without a whisper, we don’t steal yardage, I have seen some unbelievable positional advantage gained by opposition teams this season but we never do it ourselves. When we give the opposition the ball back at a bounce up, it’s always kept in play. Referees pace out ten yards and our players are already standing at 12 yards. Is this a reflection of the manager? It just adds to the perception  that nobody really cares.

You are rght, they don't care

Might as well get on the hills every Saturday aternoon

5 minutes ago, white noise said:

We let a lot more than an ageing centre mid go when we didn’t renew Karl Henry’s contract.

Whether his legs had gone etc. is a different matter but he instilled every bit of ‘professionalism’ in the game into the whole team (and even ball boys/girls).

Ameobi is clearly a very good player, we have seen it with our own eyes 

Parky is failing to get a tune out of him for whatever reason. The hope is that another manager can improve him, arm round the shoulder type stuff. If the new manager can then get another 3 or 4 players going the same way then we might be able to at least salvage something from the season even if it’s only a shred of pride 

Relegation looks all but confirmed, if we win all of our remaining home games then we would still only just beat last seasons points tally and we ain’t winning half of them 

People keep saying we can’t afford to sack Parky, I can’t see how we can afford to keep him on. Let’s say for arguments sake he’s on £4k a week / £200k a year. Sack him today and we need to pay him £200k over the next year until we are rid of him. Wait another 3 months and it’s costing us £250k in further payments. He needs potting today 

Like I mentioned yesterday it needs to be done now 

we are 4 points from Rotherham that will just get bigger each week, and the fixtures coming up won’t contribute 

Parky looks so much out of his depth now. As soon as winning a game becomes more than a big lad up top, two giant central defenders and hoofing the ball, he is devoid of ideas and has alienated any players that could have given us a plan b, Le Fondre, Oztumer etc.

He is so bad now, he is decimating the fan base and has killed the enjoyment, the passion and any sort of belief. 

When Donaldson scored, you could hear a pin drop.

Needs to go now, before he does irreparable damage to our club.

1 hour ago, white noise said:

shock - does strange things to you.

4 minutes ago, wakey said:

shock - does strange things to you.

It was weird as fuck that goal going in I was trying to think about a less enthusiastic goal celebration and the closest I could get was Ancona Anglo-Italian Cup when they had Jesus sent off

15 minutes ago, onlyoneawalker said:

It was weird as fuck that goal going in I was trying to think about a less enthusiastic goal celebration and the closest I could get was Ancona Anglo-Italian Cup when they had Jesus sent off

That was far better.

As a twelve year old I thought the 'early bath' sequence on the new scoreboard was ace. 

Seems to have gone largely unnoticed, but Donaldson's goal yesterday disproved Newton's third law.

Previously, his rate of falling over backwards was exactly equal and opposite to the simplicity of converting the chance. Expecting a full EFL investigation on yesterday's goal. And maybe NASA.

2 hours ago, white noise said:

Parky looks so much out of his depth now. As soon as winning a game becomes more than a big lad up top, two giant central defenders and hoofing the ball, he is devoid of ideas and has alienated any players that could have given us a plan b, Le Fondre, Oztumer etc.

He is so bad now, he is decimating the fan base and has killed the enjoyment, the passion and any sort of belief. 

Needs to go now, before he does irreparable damage to our club.

When Season Ticket holders can't be arsed to show up because of the utter shite on show it really does tell the story. The striking options of Donkey 1 or Donkey 2 up front don't help either.  We are fucked whatever happens now. It is clear that there is no way to get rid of Parkinson due to a lack of funds. There is no way to get anyone in who could score some goals, and with another Winding up Order on Kens desk we are staring at a point deduction anyway as I will be amazed if he can get out of Admin now with the repayment to the Davies family due next month.

1 hour ago, onlyoneawalker said:

In the NSL, my first impression was that it was in, but when there was so little reaction i thought it must have hit the side netting & it was only when they got ready for the restart kick off that i was sure that we'd scored.

TBF, the couple of minutes after that did generate some interest & noise from those who were left.

Parky seems happy to concede ground and then defend en masse. At this higher level teams are good enough to unpick defences. Someone said on SKY a few weeks ago ‘harassing is the new passing’. We simply do not do enough. 

16 hours ago, leigh white said:

I didn't mind watching Bolton home and away when we used to be proper shite, because it was so cheap. Those days have gone now, and fuck paying a lot of money to see even worse shite.

To be honest it's not about the cost. I can get tickets for £10 for mates (ex S/T holders) through lifeline for a few games, including Norwich, and I don't even go through the motions of offering them any more, nobody wants to go even if it's free. It was never this bad because in the 80s we were at least capable of scoring a meaningful goal occasionally.

He goes when Ken goes. No hope of him going beforehand 

why wield the axe and cost yourself money when the new mob will do that anyway? Either way this season is a lost cause 

Ken’s reluctance to take action put pay to that many many weeks ago! 

Were getting fuck all from the next 4 games, the other teams around us seem to have a bit about them and are picking up points here and there. We’ll be stone bottom by the end of the month 

survival is of course a mathematical possibility but the shit served up makes it absolutely impossible. 

I’ve backed us through good and bad, ups and downs whilst I felt there was fight and some hope. This clown is giving us neither at the moment so why should I return the favour? 

When you lose your ST holders and your every weekers as PP now has you know the games up 

until he’s out I’m out 

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

why wield the axe and cost yourself money when the new mob will do that anyway? Either way this season is a lost cause 

Were getting fuck all from the next 4 games, the other teams around us seem to have a bit about them and are picking up points here and there. We’ll be stone bottom by the end of the month 

survival is of course a mathematical possibility but the shit served up makes it absolutely impossible. 

I’ve backed us through good and bad, ups and downs whilst I felt there was fight and some hope. This clown is giving us neither at the moment so why should I return the favour? 

When you lose your ST holders and your every weekers as PP now has you know the games up 

until he’s out I’m out 

Good points made, im wishing and hoping he's going to go, but underneath i know he aint going until tank top Ken goes or sells up.

I never thought I would get to this stage, same here, I can't motivate myself to watch the utter crap served up, especially at home. 

15 hours ago, snowball said:

If you didnt think pearson was best player on pitch then you watched a different game to me daft haircut and all

Difficult to say who was best between Browne, Gallagher, Maguire and Pearson. All 4 outstanding but i'd say Pearson 4th best because he started getting dispossessed on the halfway line when we had that half decent spell up to the 2nd goal. In comparison I've watched Gallagher against us about 6 times and I've yet to see him give the ball away. And every single 1 of his set pieces demand that you defend well, in total contrast to ours. MOM for me.

17 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

until he’s out I’m out 

I agree with sentiment but still doing Wigan away

13 hours ago, Traf said:

Yes, if it was an audition for the full-time job.

Or put another way that's your employer taking the piss. Has to be a law against replacing a manager on say £250k salary with someone on £40k but saying 'prove yourself'. KA would love to pull that trick and he wont be around in July when Lee is told to get back to his day job, with a relegation on his CV.

26 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Difficult to say who was best between Browne, Gallagher, Maguire and Pearson. All 4 outstanding but i'd say Pearson 4th best because he started getting dispossessed on the halfway line when we had that half decent spell up to the 2nd goal. In comparison I've watched Gallagher against us about 6 times and I've yet to see him give the ball away. And every single 1 of his set pieces demand that you defend well, in total contrast to ours. MOM for me.

Fair enough that all much better than anything weve got. Just wasnt having it that folk only noticed pearson coz of his wank haircut all very good championship players who i dont think cost a fortune.