Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Diabetes

Dr Faustus

• 2 years later...
  • Members
4 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I was confirmed yesterday as diabetic (and overweight) by the the fun prevention nurse (bitch mustn't like the fuller man🙂), just ordered a book off Amazon called The Diabetes Weight Loss Cook Book by Katie Caldesi and endorsed by David Unwin, I hope there's some fucking good recipes in it

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes when I was up the duff. Gone away now like. Swap your white bread, rice, pasta for brown. Have you been told to keep a eye on your blood sugars? 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

The nurse told me to book a blood test and gave me a print out of what is best to eat and what to avoid, she said she has been telling me for over 2 years to watch what I was eating/drinking, sour faced cow

Have you heeded the advice?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, athywhite1958 said:

I havent had anything sweeter than 1 sugar in my cup of tea, fucking chocolate in the fridge laughing at me

When my dad was diagnosed, he made a point of avoiding sweet puddings after meals, and only had the occasional biscuit if his sugar level dropped a bit.

Replaced those puddings with fruit salad and always ate plenty of veg and generally ate well without meals being tedious. 

Still had a beer, and a whiskey, and went for his walk and did his gardening.

Worth making those healthy changes for obvious reasons.

• Members
2 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Diabetic sweets are vile. Only decent ones I've found are sugar free wethers and sugar free uncle joes. 

I just went cold turkey, first week ws a git, now allow myself just one treat a day. Got 2 x lindt chocolates today. 

Aldi ones are nice. They are usually near the til 

Whoever makes 'Mountain Dew' ran an internet poll to 'Dub the Dew!' - to come up with a name for some new 'Energy' Taurine Caffeine Guarana laden version of their fizzy piss.

The winner was...

'Hitler Did Nothing Wrong'

Followed closely by...

'Diabeetus'.

Like with 'Boaty McBoatface' they ignored the will of the people.

Democracy Deniers.

On 24/09/2021 at 12:52, athywhite1958 said:

I was confirmed yesterday as diabetic (and overweight) by the the fun prevention nurse (bitch mustn't like the fuller man🙂), just ordered a book off Amazon called The Diabetes Weight Loss Cook Book by Katie Caldesi and endorsed by David Unwin, I hope there's some fucking good recipes in it

That Dr Unwin diet is brilliant for diabetes providing you can stick to eat. 

Bread and booze are your new worst enemies sadly!