Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Premier league netflix

Horwich

Will you get live gam

5 minutes ago, LeggyMountbatten said:

As a subscriber to NFL Game Pass, I can't believe the PL haven't done this already.

Game pass is only good for us. Over in the USA you don't get live games. Hopefully this will have live games for us

Considering Sky seem to be ramming all of the American shite down our throats at the moment as they’re losing stuff left right and centre I’d happily pack that up and switch to whoever was the provider in a heart beat

as though I wanna get in from work turn SSN on and see the ‘top 10 plays’ from the NBA? Get ta fuck

Edited by barrycowdrill

• Moderators
1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

Considering Sky seem to be ramming all of the American shite down our throats at the moment as they’re losing stuff left right and centre I’d happily pack that up and switch to whoever was the provider in a heart beat

as though I wanna get in from work turn SSN on and see the ‘top 10 plays’ from the NBA? Get ta fuck

Yank shit or women playing egg chase

I've still got sky and it's for the sport, but I'd very rarely watch an entire game

Don't really know why I have it

It's like that old pair of grundies you can stick on every so often

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

10 million @ £8 is 10 billion?

Assume he means £8 a month like Netflix so effectively £100 a year x 100m subscribers = £10bn a season 

Not sure you would get 100m subscribers at that price though 

In the U.K. potentially 15m tops, where are the other 85m coming from? Places where consumers can afford that price (US & Europe) have popular domestic sport that takes priority 

Youd need to get folk in the Far East paying £8 a month which is a big ask really. It would have to be a bit cheaper but then your going to need more subscribers. 

I’d be worried that more and more people will just start to steal the content on line and avoid paying entirely 

Edit - a quick google shows a total of 140m Netflix subscribers globally, nearly half of which are in the US - PL aren’t going to get anywhere near that! 

Edited by birch-chorley

46 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sky's football and cricket coverage has been very good for me.

Particularly the latter.

That said, it all became too pricey. Bit the hand that fed them.

Last ashes tour being on BT was the beginning of the end for Sky’s (very good) coverage / monopoly of cricket 

this American shite they’re now ramming down our throats is purely there to plug the gaps on the stuff they’re losing. 

Their La Liga coverage was absolutely superb. Now they’re not even willing to be used as a platform for Eleven sports..

their sports coverage and Sky Atlantic were the only reasons I stuck with them. The programmes on Atlantic have now ended or ending and sports is nowhere near as good 

Edited by barrycowdrill

48 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

I had Sky for years but the constantly creeping up monthly cost sent me in the direction of the IPTV providers. Instead of a ton a month mine now is fifty quid a year plus an initial investment of about the same in a good Android box

I’ve gone the other way and was ending up paying £52 a month (from an initial £28 only 18 months previously!) for Virgin internet to get a decent speed for IPTV and latterly NowTV. In the end we’ve signed up with Sky and get internet, Sky Entertainment, Sky Q box and all the Sky Sports channels for essentially another tenner a month. 

• Site Supporter

Seems reasonable that BC.

I went to now TV too. Get a week's sports pass occasionally, and subscribe to movies.

Interestingly, we used to have entertainment too, but never used it.

Cancelled it and was offered it at half price for a while, but still sacked it.

Then cancelled movies and was immediately offered that at half price for a while. Snapped it up!

56 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seems reasonable that BC.

I went to now TV too. Get a week's sports pass occasionally, and subscribe to movies.

Interestingly, we used to have entertainment too, but never used it.

Cancelled it and was offered it at half price for a while, but still sacked it.

Then cancelled movies and was immediately offered that at half price for a while. Snapped it up!

We had 12 months of NowTV sports Nov 2016-Nov 2017 as part of a special offer and we ended up with entertainment and/or movies for nowt for at least 6 months of the 12. However, the main purpose was for sport and as it runs 45-60 seconds behind the main Sky feed it was a pain in the arse with FlashScores or Twitter updating with a goal before you’ve seen it. 

On 08/02/2019 at 09:24, ZicoKelly said:

but that will show for which sport the price increases are to blame.. 

if its a tenner a month for PL-tube and 24 months later its 20 . then what ?

when these rules came in to stop sky (or whoever) from exclusively buying it all up , it just made it all dearer or more difficult to watch/source .. 

no one might have watched LaLiga in the first place , but ill bet less watch it now. 

If raheem Sterling's crying out for 400 grand a week , i aint gonna blame some Championship RL player for the Subscription going up. 

when simon jordan were selling mobile phone contracts, you couldnt tether the mobile phone to your home broadband or vice versa.  They even used to peddle the lie that "Desktop Websites" used four times the data that Mobile ones did. 

theyre (mobile phone contracts) still fragmented in such a way so that 'voice' and 'data' are priced separately to maximize profit even though its the same stuff. 

remember all the ISPs skriking when things like napster meant you really could use up 30gig 'unlimited' allowances. ?

Its one of the reasons all the Quad Pay stuff came about , at least they were getting paid somewhere in the chain. 

bundling the shit together obscures the costs

I dont think theyll do it , for those and other reasons. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

I picked a nowtv mobile pass for £5.99 a month. Four devices, and I believe I can stream to my TV. I think BT Sport costs me £2.50pm. Works for me
We get entertainment package every now and then, mainly for TWD
I do miss la liga though

The Women's Darts?

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 03:42, MichaelEP said:

Will you get live gam

Game pass is only good for us. Over in the USA you don't get live games. Hopefully this will have live games for us

Oh we get live games, I sit and watch the Texans live every single Sunday or whatever day they play ... so not sure where you got that information from

4 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

I do miss la liga though

£7 a month for that , 12 for netflix , 9 amazon video , 12 bt , etc , it all adds up. 

no cheaper more fragmented . who the christ subscribes to Discovery Channel thru their - already a subscription in its own right- amazon prime account ?

pirating stuff on a android box is easier

dunno what will happen , but summats not adding up. premier league tv just adds another one to find. 

Edited by e2e4