Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Norwich City at home

Kane57

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Eavesy said:

He went to centre half towards end of the Birmingham match. Not sure how that went though.

i know what you mean but im sure every week we say the centre midfield would get mullered. Regardless of who is in there.

With 2 top id hope we’d rely less on midfield supporting and to some effect let magennis and Donaldson go at it themselves. Therefore allowing the midfield to sit.

Fucking hell, don’t overthink it. We need to smash into them in midfield and boot it up to ‘The Lumps ‘, we can’t compete playing football.

19 minutes ago, darrener said:

God a rare win and we are suddenly Barcelona, parky will have us back to one up top and we will get soundly beaten. We could have done with the Millwall game tomorrow but unfortunately we've got the two best teams in the next two weeks. 

I kind of hope and prey that PP has learned his lesson.

I doubt it though, let the bingo machine commence.

2 hours ago, Eavesy said:

Wonder if the win has increased ticket sales?

It's more about people with tickets making the effort to turn up than anyone paying out for tickets. If we'd lost at Brum i'm guessing about 6k BW fans would have bothered, maybe 8k now although with a decent Norwich following the official crowd could be 14k.

Tuesday's team was specifically set up to counter Brum's direct play & worked perfectly ....Norwich are a completely different opposition who play a fast passing game & I'd fear that Tuesday's team could be overrun in midfield & we'd never get near the ball.

Maybe we could stick another battler into midfield to disrupt them - Murphy & Vela both did well as subs -, but then we'd have to play a left back, & then it would be harsh to drop anyone from Tues, & then......

I dunno

I genuinely didn't notice Murphy or Vela other than the routine Murphy cross that Connolly turned into a great ball. Murphy isn't a battler, a passer or a runner, he remains a mystery to me. Oztumer is the only fit player that would take some pressure off the defence by not only keeping a bit of possession but threatening to create a half chance. He's got zero chance of even being on the bench.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Maybe we could stick another battler into midfield to disrupt them - Murphy & Vela both did well as subs -, but then we'd have to play a left back, & then it would be harsh to drop anyone from Tues, & then......

I dunno

Genius! Sneak extra players on. They'll never notice.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I genuinely didn't notice Murphy or Vela other than the routine Murphy cross that Connolly turned into a great ball. Murphy isn't a battler, a passer or a runner, he remains a mystery to me. Oztumer is the only fit player that would take some pressure off the defence by not only keeping a bit of possession but threatening to create a half chance. He's got zero chance of even being on the bench.

One for you and the other members of the oztumer fan club

Why do you think Connell gets a chance and oztumer isn't in the team

Ability or attitude?