Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Norwich City at home

Kane57

Well of course it’s another change regardless of whether it’s re introducing a player dropped or not? We haven’t got a squad of 100 players so obviously it’s bringing back in players he’s previously taken out? 

3 changes a game on average. However you look at it it tells you he hasn’t got a clue how to change our fortunes 

telling a player to do what you’ve asked the previous X to do when it hasn’t worked over the previous Y weeks isn’t coming up with a new idea. Far from it 

doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result and all that... 

14 hours ago, Eddie said:

I’d have a bad attitude if I saw the shit that was on the pitch ahead of me and I still didn’t get a fair chance. I’d also be pissed off that I’d almost been made to be the scapegoat over a period of about 5 games where I did get a chance and was possibly the biggest threat yet still got dropped.

I’d also be bored to tears of trying to play this type of football, no doubt bored of what can only be shit training and thinking to myself that whatever I do isn’t going to change anything, I just need my bingo ball to drop out of the machine one day like Murphy’s did

Great post. Murphy, what a mystery.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Don’t forget all the changes of formation as well 

Some players have played all over the pitch, if Lowe gets a run out in goal he will be shouting house 

But, we’ve got no money so Teflon Parky lives on 

Bloody hell. If a player plays at LB one week and next week plays at centre mid, does this count as a change. Things could really start getting confusing.

53 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Coyle was shit because he played too openly and didn’t worry about the opposition 

Freedman was shit because alls he cared about was the opposition and set us up to defend. 

All the blame fell on them men and them men only

now this fucking numpty has never known his best side in 18 months. Made just under 100 team changes this season alone. Twists when he should stick and sticks when he should fucking twist, has driven away some of the most loyal supporters this club has, made the weekly venture out to watch the side become nothing more than a chore, delivers the worst football I’ve seen in 30 years, wins a game at a rate of 1 in 10, has no plan B, plays football from the 1800’s, freezes out individuals for no rhyme or reason and yet some think it still isn’t his fault 

fuck me. 

Couldn't agree more bazza 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Hang on, 3 at the back against Norwich and the weakest midfield I've seen since trotter, pratley and Thorpe. I'd love to know what Vela, Murphy and Connelly offer, that's not div 1 it's div 2.

Today’s team on paper isn’t far off the best personnel available for the job; the players are admittedly shit and it wasn’t loads of changes from Brum.

It’s the way they’re employed. And again they’re biz. 

Don’t overly worry about today. As Marple has said, it’s the other games where he’s not earned his corn that have fucked us

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Bloody hell. If a player plays at LB one week and next week plays at centre mid, does this count as a change. Things could really start getting confusing.

Of course it’s a change, however it’s not part of the 100 player changes from week to week that sky sports pointed out (pointed out as it’s so fucking high) 

But you crack on thinking Parkys knows his best team 

4 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:
All Sports
Single @ 9/2
Potential returns: £55.00
£10.00

Norwich, Sheffield United & Barnsley all to win @ 9/2

Soccer Saturday Price Boost - Sat 16th Feb

Soccer Saturday Price Boost

Well I know I shouldnt back against us but at 9/2 I couldnt resist a tenner on it

I got this bet too and so did my son. Easy money. Re betting against us, I can't remember the last game I didn't bet against us. Sometimes it's a disaster like WBA away but definitely well up on the last 2 seasons, it's amazing we still get almost evens to lose home games.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Of course it’s a change, however it’s not part of the 100 player changes from week to week that sky sports pointed out (pointed out as it’s so fucking high) 

But you crack on thinking Parkys knows his best team 

I'm far from thinking anything about Parky other than "Why don't you just fuck off?" I'm just trying to get my head around the rules being applied by the Sky Sports Statistician. You don't mind do you?

4 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

2 upfront against the likes of Rotherham & 1up front against Norwich & I would have some sympathy for him but the other way round is just ludicrous. 

Spot on. You would almost think he doesnt really know what he's doing. This season's "I give up'  moment was playing a clearly unfit Dyer as wing back at Rotherham and dropping Oztumer against a team he could have done some damage against.

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

I was only 33 out on guess the attendance. Highlight of the season. 

Now you mention it I was 6 out! But 'attendance' needs to be replaced with 'ticket sales', definitely no more than 8k came today. Norwich, what a crap following and lack of noise. Tinpot or what.

• Site Supporter

Getting beat 4 nowt by top of the league isn’t the issue.

its the lack of fight

go down, but go down having made them think they’ve earned it

today, all Norwich had to do was turn up.

At least be in their fucking faces and be 11 nasty cunts.

Unacceptable management. But we can’t shift him so let’s just move on eh?

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I’m glad we didn’t do this players in their team stuff at anfield 93 or in the first couple of seasons in prem under sam. 

It's such a pointless question. It's like saying would a Fulham player get in the city team. If they were at that level, they would just sign them, why would Norwich let Bolton have a better player when they could just take them?

2 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

I’m not sure how many of our players would get into their team at the moment, probably fuck all 

I bet that if we swapped managers though then it would be a different picture. Parky would soon drag that lot down and we couldn’t be any worse surely 

Managers clearly have a role to play in motivating players and setting them up in a system that suits, otherwise why employ them at all? 

I refuse to believe we're that shite...

I'm only banking on that I'd prefer a (sober) bed than a ditch...

Worst manager in my (live) support.

Dross.

Come back Dougie, Lenny, Meggo, Little Sam all is forgiven...

Absolute shite - the buck stops with Pocket-Tit, useless.

20 minutes ago, Spider said:

Getting beat 4 nowt by top of the league isn’t the issue.

its the lack of fight

go down, but go down having made them think they’ve earned it

today, all Norwich had to do was turn up.

At least be in their fucking faces and be 11 nasty cunts.

Unacceptable management. But we can’t shift him so let’s just move on eh?

I thought we tried to be aggressive early on but the ref pulled us up twice after just a few seconds for relatively innocuous incidents.  A less fussy ref may have let them go and it could have helped us develop a siege mentality. The early goal didn't help either!

That was horrible & very similar to Wolves at home last season. .....they were much too good for us,  & tbf the 2nd, 3rd & 4th goals were very good.

In a desperate attempt to find some positives.....it could have been a lot worse, Matthews did well to keep the score down ( though i thought he could have done better with the first one ), Noone gave it a good go,  the other results weren't too bad & we've got rid of a game that we didn't expect to get anything from.

Move on.