Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Signed Bolton Home Shirt 2018/19

DaveJennings

Hey everyone,

My name is Corporal Dave Jennings and I'm currently based at Royal Air Force Brize Norton in Oxfordshire, I've been serving in the Royal Air Force for the last 16 years.

It's been a dream of mine for years to be able to run the London Marathon and this year I have been lucky enough to obtain a ballot place for the 2019 London Marathon.

Back in 2015 I was admitted to hospital to have a full hip replacement, this came as a shock as I was only 37 and having such a huge operation at such a young age hit me for six. I was only in hospital for 3 days and then sent home to recover for 6 weeks, but then only 2 weeks later I was rushed back in to hospital with a suspected heart attack. After staying in hospital for nearly a month and having a number of tests I was finally allowed home having been diagnosed with Myocarditis (a very severe heart virus).

After months off work and finally being able to get back to full fitness and going back to work I started to notice that I wasn't my normal self, after another few months I finally admitted to myself that I may have depression and anxiety. After going back to the medical centre at work and seeing numerous mental health workers, I was finally diagnosed with depression. 

I'm still having some issues with this at the moment but I'm in a much better place than where I was before, I've been lucky enough to have a huge network of work colleagues and mental health department in the RAF.

On the 1st February this month I held a charity auction and raffle and raised nearly £4000.

I was sent a signed Bolton home shirt by the club but unfortunately it arrived to late to auction off.

Please contact me if anyone is interested.

All the best

Dave

20190213_181113.jpg

Hiya Dave - I'll give you £100 if you can scrub all the names off for me! :)

Sounds like you had a really tough time of it but great to hear you're on the mend with your hard work and the support of your colleagues. Keep on keeping on!

Edited by kent_white

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned