Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Callum Connolly

Johnnyrotten

What do others think of him?  He cant be dropped now because he's assisted and scored in the last 2 games.  But apart from that I'm really struggling to see what he brings to the team.  If he's made anything like a pass I must have been drifting off.  Tackling is dodgy, a booking waiting to happen, doesn't have pace, strength, vision, shooting, height or a left foot.  This isn't meant to be a criticism as such I'm just wondering what he brings to the table if he doesn't win a header in the opposition box?  I noticed he scored 1 goal for Wigan, at Villa, and it was a virtual carbon copy of the other night, got in front of his man and headed down.  So he has something about him, but looks like Div 1 at best, is he really an improvement on Vela, Oztumer or Buckley who all have a goal in them?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

What do others think of him?  He cant be dropped now because he's assisted and scored in the last 2 games.  But apart from that I'm really struggling to see what he brings to the team.  If he's made anything like a pass I must have been drifting off.  Tackling is dodgy, a booking waiting to happen, doesn't have pace, strength, vision, shooting, height or a left foot.  This isn't meant to be a criticism as such I'm just wondering what he brings to the table if he doesn't win a header in the opposition box?  I noticed he scored 1 goal for Wigan, at Villa, and it was a virtual carbon copy of the other night, got in front of his man and headed down.  So he has something about him, but looks like Div 1 at best, is he really an improvement on Vela, Oztumer or Buckley who all have a goal in them?

Obviously not a criticism as such...

Edited by Steejay

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I would say he is steady, with out being fantastic and without being crap. I don't mind a steady in the side at the moment, we could do with a couple more

Perhaps a bit more youth, has had a small beneficial impact. Bit of fight that we need.

2 hours ago, Steejay said:

Obviously not a criticism as such...

I mean I've nothing against him, I hope he turns out to be superb. But the likes of Grounds and Donaldson were judged after 1 game and he's had 2! I want to think the goal is a sign of things to come but that proved to be a false dawn in other debuts e.g. Heskey, Keshi Anderson, Clough 2nd spell, McGennis and Wildschut. I've sort of learned to trust my instincts not the headlines!