Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bar on Bridge Street late 90's

Gonk

Always odd there were no pubs or bars on that drag before Shitzy...

There was a bar further up, on the corner just after X-Records, late 90's...I never saw it open for business, it looked like they'd spent a bit kitting it out an' all.

I suppose it was sup up on Bradshawgate/Churchgate/Deansgate then head down and mooch straight to the queue for Ritzy - get your socks over your trainers.

9 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Always odd there were no pubs or bars on that drag before Shitzy...

There was a bar further up, on the corner just after X-Records, late 90's...I never saw it open for business, it looked like they'd spent a bit kitting it out an' all.

I suppose it was sup up on Bradshawgate/Churchgate/Deansgate then head down and mooch straight to the queue for Ritzy - get your socks over your trainers.

You’re right about the bar further up from X Records, it was on the corner of Bridge St/Bark Street East, pretty sure it was where Talibs was.

Went in a few times, but can’t think for the life of me the name of the place.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I’ll  get Joe Root on you for that Micky :D

That one where Talibs used to be, could it have been called Baileys ?

Remember it opening but don't recall the name. What about the one on Knowsley street that's now the British Heart Foundation place. That was opened as a bar but a little bit of homework would have shown that anywhere between Chester Moonshine and Rockerfella's muddy wouldn't work. Ask John  McGinlay.

Edited by MickyD

4 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

There was one club around late 90s though name escapes me

You'd pay around a tenner to get in then your drinks were free

Somewhere round near where the temple was

The savvy ones would drink bottles rather than the watered down shite they served on draught 

Mondo

• Site Supporter

Once went to a works' Christmas do for emergency services at Norbreck Castle. Bed, Breakfast, 4-course meal and all you can drink for £30. Fucking great times.

Fuck all to do with this thread but maybe Gonzo could keep an eye open for Christmas Party opportunities for Wanderersways. We could have them set up a boxing ring as evening entertainment for all the straighteners.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, MickyD said:

Once went to a works' Christmas do for emergency services at Norbreck Castle. Bed, Breakfast, 4-course meal and all you can drink for £30. Fucking great times.

Fuck all to do with this thread but maybe Gonzo could keep an eye open for Christmas Party opportunities for Wanderersways. We could have them set up a boxing ring as evening entertainment for all the straighteners.

Fuck me, Miami would be in the ring all night!