Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Alesha Macphail

deane koontz

• Site Supporter
Just now, Steejay said:

What is the situation regarding naming minors who commit a crime? This lad can’t be named but Jamie Bulger killers were named even though they were younger.

He'll get named eventually.

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

What is the situation regarding naming minors who commit a crime? This lad can’t be named but Jamie Bulger killers were named even though they were younger.

I thought 16 was the age of criminal responsibility or was he 15 when he did it? Wonder whether the people day Shamima Begum was only a child when she decided to go out to Syria will be quite as forgiving this time around?

6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I thought 16 was the age of criminal responsibility or was he 15 when he did it? Wonder whether the people day Shamima Begum was only a child when she decided to go out to Syria will be quite as forgiving this time around?

Criminal responsibility in England is 10 years old. I would imagine that naming a minor is a complicated procedure. Remember his parents haven't done anything wrong so that will have to be taken in to consideration when naming.

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Remember his parents haven't done anything wrong so that will have to be taken in to consideration when naming.

I get that but I absolutely assure you that everybody within the parents' circle of friends, acquaintances, neighbours, etc., will already know the name of the lad who did it. As for the rest of the population, I'm not sure knowing or not knowing would alter the way anybody would feel about him.

42 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Criminal responsibility in England is 10 years old. I would imagine that naming a minor is a complicated procedure. Remember his parents haven't done anything wrong so that will have to be taken in to consideration when naming.

To be fair his mam rang the Police. Imagine the strength that must have taken......?

• Members

Horrible. Me and the missus were sat there with tears in our eyes watching the video of the little lass playing.

I know it's viewed as 'reactionary' or 'populist' but cases like this do make me wonder if we were right to abolish capital punishment for absolutely all crimes.

• 4 weeks later...