Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
deane koontz

Alesha Macphail

Just now, Steejay said:

What is the situation regarding naming minors who commit a crime? This lad can’t be named but Jamie Bulger killers were named even though they were younger.

He'll get named eventually.

17 minutes ago, Steejay said:

What is the situation regarding naming minors who commit a crime? This lad can’t be named but Jamie Bulger killers were named even though they were younger.

A lesson learned, probably.

Horrendous crime this, awful to read.

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

I thought 16 was the age of criminal responsibility or was he 15 when he did it? Wonder whether the people day Shamima Begum was only a child when she decided to go out to Syria will be quite as forgiving this time around?

6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I thought 16 was the age of criminal responsibility or was he 15 when he did it? Wonder whether the people day Shamima Begum was only a child when she decided to go out to Syria will be quite as forgiving this time around?

Criminal responsibility in England is 10 years old. I would imagine that naming a minor is a complicated procedure. Remember his parents haven't done anything wrong so that will have to be taken in to consideration when naming.

Scottish law is different too if I remember rightly; sherrifs and all that. Am I right in thinking it was targeted- revenge against her father?

He's gonna meet something suitably grizzly sooner or later

34 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Remember his parents haven't done anything wrong so that will have to be taken in to consideration when naming.

I get that but I absolutely assure you that everybody within the parents' circle of friends, acquaintances, neighbours, etc., will already know the name of the lad who did it. As for the rest of the population, I'm not sure knowing or not knowing would alter the way anybody would feel about him.

42 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Criminal responsibility in England is 10 years old. I would imagine that naming a minor is a complicated procedure. Remember his parents haven't done anything wrong so that will have to be taken in to consideration when naming.

To be fair his mam rang the Police. Imagine the strength that must have taken......?

2 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Very disturbing and very sad

117 injuries ?

Regardles of that, that evil twat should never be allowed to say daylight again.

edit...meant to say “see” daylight again.

Edited by miamiwhite

52 minutes ago, kent_white said:

To be fair his mam rang the Police. Imagine the strength that must have taken......?

I'll give his mum the benefit of any doubt. But she would have some serious explaining to do when the police came across the recording. Even if it was wiped.

Horrible. Me and the missus were sat there with tears in our eyes watching the video of the little lass playing.

I know it's viewed as 'reactionary' or 'populist' but cases like this do make me wonder if we were right to abolish capital punishment for absolutely all crimes.

15 hours ago, Steejay said:

Tabloid application to the judge to name the guilty is being heard today.

I just read the note that her mum wrote for her...am now choking.....just the worst possible fears you can have as a parent. 

This kid is fucked up; but the emotive journalism surrounding it (Scottish Sum) is typical tabloid sensationalism. I hate the skewed perspective as I feel it shrouds the true horror of his acts. I hope her family find peace