Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parkinson special one

BantamsMatt

• Members
2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Well we've both got history with him - at opposite ends of the spectrum - but I'm certainly not going to fall out with you about it. The Brexit thread is a far better place and topic ;)

Truth is, it was unintended but, I was thinking about a fax I saw back on the Monday after the fire as I always do with things Bradford. Sick humour as a way of coping with tragedy at the time. Not now.

Maybe I subconsciously left off the 'm'. Don't know - folk will know I am a bit obsessive with spelling and grammar (thank you BCGS) so it doesn't exactly look good. It was a typo however and certainly not that particular type of offence intended to the invader. As some say, he could have had family there.

7 hours ago, MickyD said:

Fairly sure some (or maybe just one) Bratfud fan came on here when Parky first got here to warn us that he tries to soak up pressure all game and beat teams on the break then sit back and defend a 1-0 lead. They didn't like his style when he left. Are they just forgetful?

Plenty of Bradford fans were fed up with Parky. There again plenty of ours were fed up with BSA. 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Ani said:

Plenty of Bradford fans were fed up with Parky. There again plenty of ours were fed up with BSA. 

And have now learned that the grass isn't always greener. We've had a string of successive replacements and not a one our them have been anywhere nearBSA

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Truth is, it was unintended but, I was thinking about a fax I saw back on the Monday after the fire as I always do with things Bradford. Sick humour as a way of coping with tragedy at the time. Not now.

Maybe I subconsciously left off the 'm'. Don't know - folk will know I am a bit obsessive with spelling and grammar (thank you BCGS) so it doesn't exactly look good. It was a typo however and certainly not that particular type of offence intended to the invader. As some say, he could have had family there.

You can’t read my posts, but fuck it.

It’s the third time you’ve used that phrase on this board in reference to the Bradford fire, previously calling the comment sick but funny and quick witted. You also used it on the Grenfell fire thread. 

It takes an insensitive prick to use the phrase, but a complete twat to deny it. 

Man up and admit it and offer an apology.

• Site Supporter

It didn't do Chubby Brown's career any harm.

As Bolty said though, many deal with such adversity by turning to black humour 

I've just found my re-telling of such a joke from 2011 in a thread about the Japanese tsunami 

Some real irony in there too.

Lots of the stresses of daily life come out in joke form.

Some time ago wigan fire crews were sent to deal with the aftermath of a car crash where 6 Pakistanis, returning down the M6 from a family wedding. I think all were killed.

Next morning breakfast was quite a sombre affair until one of the lads broke the atmosphere with the question; which is the odd one out? A cockle, a mussel, a crab, a herring or a van load of pakistanis on the M6?

A short while later he announced that it was the herring as all the others were crustaceans.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

But, but, but it was a typo. 

Whether it was or not, we've said our bit.

Sweep was suggesting the stabbing of a woman and kids might be ok elsewhere and got stick for it.

Plenty of other stuff over the years.

At times a fine balance or maybe even overlap between insensitivity and sick humour.

Done now, time to move on for me.

22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sweep was suggesting the stabbing of a woman and kids might be ok elsewhere and got stick for it.

At times a fine balance or maybe even overlap between insensitivity and sick humour.

In one

Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fair enough. He acted like a dick and when pulled up for it he bullshitted about a typo. The assive unt. 

Lets leave it at that. 

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

It didn't do Chubby Brown's career any harm.

As Bolty said though, many deal with such adversity by turning to black humour 

I've just found my re-telling of such a joke from 2011 in a thread about the Japanese tsunami 

Some real irony in there too.

Lots of the stresses of daily life come out in joke form.

Some time ago wigan fire crews were sent to deal with the aftermath of a car crash where 6 Pakistanis, returning down the M6 from a family wedding. I think all were killed.

Next morning breakfast was quite a sombre affair until one of the lads broke the atmosphere with the question; which is the odd one out? A cockle, a mussel, a crab, a herring or a van load of pakistanis on the M6?

A short while later he announced that it was the herring as all the others were crustaceans.

A year or two ago, writing cut into a stone near Fukushima was noticed. It was estimated as 600 years old and in an ancient script.

It said words to the effect do not build beyond this point.

21 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

A year or two ago, writing cut into a stone near Fukushima was noticed. It was estimated as 600 years old and in an ancient script.

It said words to the effect do not build beyond this point.

Do you know why so many people got killed by that tidal wave at Fukushima?

It was because they could see how wide it was but not how high it was.

#childishslightlyracistjokeoftyeyearawardwinner2016

24 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Do you know why so many people got killed by that tidal wave at Fukushima?

It was because they could see how wide it was but not how high it was.

#childishslightlyracistjokeoftyeyearawardwinner2016

Dreadful Kent. Expect better from yourself than that 

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I see a few of the shitty six have weighed in. Thank fuck they are on ignore.

A few more possibles for the dirty dozen have emerged too.

There is gain in almost everything, no matter how unfortunate.

At least he apologised....

Agree, move on.