Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

India v Pakistan

gonzo

6 hours ago, gonzo said:

What’s going on there then?

Which side are we on? 

Indian mates of mine went to the World Cup semi final at Old Trafford circa ‘99 if memory serves me correctly.

Said it was utter carnage inside and out.

Just hoping it doesn’t now spill over onto our streets,that’s the last thing we need.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Underpants said:

We caused the problem when we drew the boundaries. I suggest we sit back and just let them get on with it. Just like we have done in the middle east. 

I agree we should leave them alone.

That said we can't keep blaming ourselves for their inability to get on.

Over 70 years ago now; bit like still blaming the current Germany for the Nazi empire.

Sooner or later they have the grow up.

21 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Indian mates of mine went to the World Cup semi final at Old Trafford circa ‘99 if memory serves me correctly.

Said it was utter carnage inside and out.

Just hoping it doesn’t now spill over onto our streets,that’s the last thing we need.

Eldest spent a year living in Oz and she massively got into cricket. Took me to Eng vs Aus ODI as a Father’s Day present last year. Now pestering to go to WC games at Old Trafford this year. She really wants to go to this India Pakistan game and really isnt understanding why I don’t want to go. Will be absolute carnage again but I bet it’s entertaining as an outsider. Not a chance in hell I’ll be anywhere near it 

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I agree we should leave them alone.

That said we can't keep blaming ourselves for their inability to get on.

Over 70 years ago now; bit like still blaming the current Germany for the Nazi empire.

Sooner or later they have the grow up.

That’s the thing R........they won’t grow up, not a chance of that ever happening.

It’s got roots as you know dating back to the around 662.....not a chance of peace,just like the Middle East.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

That’s the thing R........they won’t grow up, not a chance of that ever happening.

It’s got roots as you know dating back to the around 662.....not a chance of peace,just like the Middle East.

I saw a bit of a programme on BBC 2 earlier. About Thailand, and the efforts of a few individuals undertaking conservation work. Elephants were amazing with their relationship with a lady who saved them from abuse.

Wonderful people doing stuff purely from a deep rooted respect and humanity.

Then you get these Muppets.

World's a weird place.

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Where's your great British backbone? I wouldn't like to be stood next to you in the trenches......etc :)

Neither would I... There'd be 100 squadrons flying bombing missions over us daily!

Edited by Marc505