Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

David Lammy

• Site Supporter

So he wants folk to acknowledge that in Africa there are lots of folk between the rich and the starving. I think we all knew that but when you have such polar opposites as the mega-rich and the mega-poor it is this that is going to highlight the poverty. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Future PM that lad.

Once all the bigots are brown bread or dribbling into their porridge in homes for the perpetually bewildered.

And the younger bigots are incarcerated for growing skunk or allowing their devil dogs to cause carnage on their council estates.

MUKGA.

Do you fancy being his health secretary?

48 minutes ago, MickyD said:

So he wants folk to acknowledge that in Africa there are lots of folk between the rich and the starving. I think we all knew that but when you have such polar opposites as the mega-rich and the mega-poor it is this that is going to highlight the poverty. 

I think its a bit broader than that...he's arguing that by simply showing Africa off every year with white women crying and hugging black African children (who they will forget about within weeks) its distorting the perception but also hiding the fact that much of the poverty in Africa is caused by multi-national business (quite a lot of British origin) exploiting the region but putting absolutely nothing back. And whilst the attempts to raise cash are absolutely fantastic it supports the idea and perception that all we can do is annually raise some money that helps a tiny tiny minority of people in a tiny minority of places on the continent. 

I don't think its a bad point he's making. He's not making it in the best way. However, on a related but different point - would the same celebs go to a trailer park in the USA and pick up malnourished American kids to take a photo with? They definitely would not. There is something a little off about it even though the intention is absolutely a noble one. IMHO. 

Disgusting and mindless comments. Surely the key here is that nations and their population are getting help?

listened to some woman from Uganda on the wireless this morning. When I could decipher what she was saying it was basic bolkocks. 

White saviour syndrome. Really get to fuck 

• Site Supporter

Poverty in Africa nothing to do with corrupt politicians, officials, and military/terrorist groups.

As usual the western world much whip itself until it bleeds.

No doubt some exploitation, however this often goes on with cooperation of officials locally and nationally.

None of which justifies his comments. He'll soon be back moaning if donation levels drop.

Wanker.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Why Health Secretary?

If I was the dad of the starving African in the centre of this picture I'd be buying one of those cheapo DNA kits from 'Pundalanda'...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/24/africa-comic-relief#img-1

[/img]

I reckon you've a broad ranging knowledge of drugs and their effects. A good grounding in costs, to make sure we're not being fleeced.

28 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Why Health Secretary?

If I was the dad of the starving African in the centre of this picture I'd be buying one of those cheapo DNA kits from 'Pundalanda'...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrfm3eYfsUBfSCQcsDS0E

guessing these kids were flown over here, rather than ginger bollocks spending 10 mins in the Rwandan sun?

30 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I reckon you've a broad ranging knowledge of drugs and their effects. A good grounding in costs, to make sure we're not being fleeced.

So, because I'm not a bigot who automatically hates anything Lammy might have to say before he's even said it then I'm a junkie...

The kind of befuddled thinking that will lead to Prime Minster Lammy one day.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

So, because I'm not a bigot who automatically hates anything Lammy might have to say before he's even said it then I'm a junkie...

The kind of befuddled thinking that will lead to Prime Minster Lammy one day.

No, but because the majority of your posts refer to drugs and ale.

Seemed a decent skill set.

Oh, and you don't have to be a bigot to think Lammy is a cunt.

That's the kind of befuddled thinking that's fueling the far right.

59 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Disgusting and mindless comments. Surely the key here is that nations and their population are getting help?

listened to some woman from Uganda on the wireless this morning. When I could decipher what she was saying it was basic bolkocks. 

White saviour syndrome. Really get to fuck 

She said that if the African kid in Stacey Dooley's arms was smiling rather than looking glum it would be ok. And loonies like this get airtime; even worse, there'll be guilt ridden white middle class folk nodding along to the radio as they chomp on their organic spelt and rye toast. The world's gone mad.

Edited by Burnden Pies

15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No, but because the majority of your posts refer to drugs and ale.

Seemed a decent skill set.

Oh, and you don't have to be a bigot to think Lammy is a cunt.

That's the kind of befuddled thinking that's fueling the far right.

The kind of befuddled thinking that's driving the far-right is

"Why am I skint and pissed off all the time? I know, it's because of British-born brown folk and the 'wrong kind' of immigrants - I'll buy a Hackett St George Polo, fly a St George Cross on my house year round and start gobbling Tommy Robinson's drivel - that'll work a treat (to cheer me up/vent my ire)..."

18 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

She said that if the African kid in Stacey Dooley's arms was smiling rather than looking glum it would be ok. And loonies like this get airtime; even worse, there'll be guilt ridden white middle class folk nodding along to the radio as they chomp on their organic spelt and rye toast. The world's gone mad.

Absolutely correct. How the fuck do you make a baby smile and then is the fact the kids not smiling more reflective of how it actually really feels living in squalor. 

Worlds gone it really has gone and giving people like this any acknowledgement just fuels the fire. 

Edited by Escobarp