Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V MILLWALL

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

what you down here for this coming weekend?

We will have a beer if your free

Country 2 Country music festival at O2. Pretty much going straight there, you can get into normal bars without a ticket but the doors open around 4 for the main event

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Country 2 Country music festival at O2. Pretty much going straight there, you can get into normal bars without a ticket but the doors open around 4 for the main event

My colleague at work is there Friday to Sunday - enjoy but I cant stand country music

21 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Is this game in danger of not happening? and if so when would we find out 

BWFC have a meeting at the Town Hall today with the council, police and ambulance  service over unpaid money.The council certainly and the police probably could stop the match taking place if they aren't happy about BWFC's plans to pay them.They might give BWFC another month, they might give them till Friday dinner to pay them  who knows.

45 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Think there’s a meeting today at town hall with police, ambulance etc 

still flogging tickets to home & away fans for now 

That surely puts to bed the rumour that the DD’s haven’t been taken as the club is insolvent and it would be illegal, otherwise you they would stop selling tickets as well surely 

2 hours ago, snowball said:

Didnt a bloke bum his dog on De Lacey and was grassed by his wife? Sure that was in Evening News once

That is apparently true and his missus took him back when he got out.   The Judge asked him “Having sex with a Border Collie, how low can you get?”  and the bloke replied “I don’t know, I’ve not tried a sausage dog yet”

• Site Supporter

The staff on matchday, by and large, aren't dependant on their BWFC wages to live. Stewards, turnstile operators, etc., are mostly either working as an extra income or are retired. 

Whilst there is the danger they're just compounding the money owed to themselves I'm not convinced they won't eventually get paid. It wouldn't stop me going to work to ensure the game goes ahead.

15 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

What happens if the match doesn't go ahead? Do we forfeit the game or will it be rescheduled?

Compensation for expenses

But, we’ve no money!

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

That is apparently true and his missus took him back when he got out.   The Judge asked him “Having sex with a Border Collie, how low can you get?”  and the bloke replied “I don’t know, I’ve not tried a sausage dog yet”

Apparently he would have got longer but the dog was too distressed to give evidence. Can you imagine him asking the wife if she fancied it doggy style when she took him back :D

no safety certificate yet, reviewed by 1pm tomorrow

Following the meeting, SAG members were not satisfied that the club is able to meet the required legal safety standards.

SAG has agreed to give club until 1pm tomorrow to provide adequate reassurances, otherwise Bolton Council will be legally forced to issue a prohibition notice.

• Moderators

The Safety Advisory Group (SAG) met this morning to discuss concerns about the ability of Bolton Wanderer’s Football Club to meet the requirements of the general safety certificate for the University of Bolton Stadium.

SAG is a multi-agency panel made up of Bolton Council, Greater Manchester Police, Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service, North West Ambulance Service and St John’s Ambulance.

The meeting was called amid concerns that the club may not be able to provide sufficient stewards or medical and emergency response cover for upcoming home fixtures.

Following the meeting, SAG members were not satisfied that the club is able to meet the required legal safety standards.

SAG has agreed to give club until 1pm tomorrow to provide adequate reassurances, otherwise Bolton Council will be legally forced to issue a prohibition notice.

A spokesman for Bolton Council said:

“The club has recently been unable to demonstrate it can meet the legal conditions of the ground’s safety certificate.

“After consultation with all members of the SAG, the council has taken the decision to give the club 24 hours to address all safety concerns, otherwise we will reluctantly issue a prohibition notice.

“We understand some fans may be alarmed by this news, but the council is bound by legal process and we are not prepared to risk public safety by allowing any event to go ahead without proper resources in place.

“The club has the full support of the council and all the SAG agencies, and we are hopeful a resolution will be found.”

Under the Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975, local authorities may issue a prohibition notice if they believe a sports ground does not have sufficient measures in place to prevent the serious risk of harm to spectators.

2:32pm