Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V MILLWALL

Ratwhite

Thought first half was pub Sunday league fodder but they were truly awful and think we realised it for the second half.

Someone has mentioned Taylor and I know he's no world beater but he's giving you a 7/10 most games he plays and he does seem to actually give a fuck which is why I like him.

Main thing I wanted to say though was that I understand why people think PP is limited tactically etc but for me it has never felt like he has lost the players/dressing room and it showed today.

We sit on the outside and have our opinions but the players are working with that management team day in and day out and not getting paid and still going at it, I'm not trying to say he is some sort of Guardiola but PP must actually be doing a decent job of "managing" them to even get em on the pitch. 

• Moderators

Weds doing well now under Bruce and keeping clean sheets, but, we tend to always get a result v weds at home, only one I can think of where we didn't was on boxing Day when DF was in full on "defend without the ball" mode

Win that and it's game on v Wigan, other results pending 

O’Neill mom definitely for me, then again I’d play Buckley over No one every week so fair to say I’m in the minority.

Both centre backs did very well too, some great headers won under pressure at the back post, fair play to them.

Chuffed to bits!

19 minutes ago, QFPants said:

O’Neill mom definitely for me, then again I’d play Buckley over No one every week so fair to say I’m in the minority.

Both centre backs did very well too, some great headers won under pressure at the back post, fair play to them.

Chuffed to bits!

Buckley over No one at all?

’Bout right 

Second half we played some great football especially just after half time when we knocked it about really well, at 2-0 I thought we would go on and score 4, the crowd was right behind the team and confidence was up. Then Julian darbys phone was going ten to the dozen and we started to drop further back and the Wilson sub confirmed the defensive intent. Anyway a crucial win and hopefully a takeover tomorrow and hopefully a few more fans will turn out on Tuesday to add to the terrific support the team received today. Their was even a queue for Wigan tickets after the game. A massive week in store. Coywm 

10 minutes ago, darrener said:

Second half we played some great football especially just after half time when we knocked it about really well, at 2-0 I thought we would go on and score 4, the crowd was right behind the team and confidence was up. Then Julian darbys phone was going ten to the dozen and we started to drop further back and the Wilson sub confirmed the defensive intent. Anyway a crucial win and hopefully a takeover tomorrow and hopefully a few more fans will turn out on Tuesday to add to the terrific support the team received today. Their was even a queue for Wigan tickets after the game. A massive week in store. Coywm 

Indeed. Jules should put it on airplane mode and when PP bellows from the stands, after no reply, just cup a hand behind the ear and look quizzical and then give a thumbs up and do his own thing. 

6 minutes ago, only1stig said:

Indeed. Jules should put it on airplane mode and when PP bellows from the stands, after no reply, just cup a hand behind the ear and look quizzical and then give a thumbs up and do his own thing. 

First 20 minutes second half I thought we'd sacked parky and put a new man in charge 

Very, very happy with that , not just the result & the effort our team put in, but also seeing how poor Millwall were, has given us hope of another team getting dragged down into the mix.

None of our players let us down, Ameobi was still frustrating but had some very good moments, both centre halfs were very good, O'Neil & Connolly were hardworking & effective but i'd give Williams the MOM for his all round performance, both winning the ball & stopping Millwall playing but also using it well.

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Much much better, defending in parts like last season bodies all over 

ameobi shouldn’t start again use him off the bench 

Weird, I saw it the opposite. Poor defending against a toothless attack and we still could have thrown it away. Taylor, OMG. If he isn't taking 1 of his 40 throw ins, it's key stone cops. Ameobi wasn't at his best but if there was a highlights package of close control, beating a man as if he isn't there and passing crisply and to feet, he would be in every clip. A class above, even on an off day.

2 hours ago, snowball said:

Well done whites. Buckley shoukdnt start another game apart fron that no complaints. Thought connolly and williams both did well but couldnt fault anyone else 

Spot on. When Buckley was going off I couldn't bring myself to clap, he was awful. It's an insult that Dyer and Buckley get in ahead of Oztumer. And I don't care if it's slightly different positions,how about finding a place for your best players parky? 

2 hours ago, 1969 said:

Weird how fans watching the same game have completely different views as I thought sammi was not interested and oneil was mom

No problem with the O'Neill comment but how was Sammi not interested? Involved at the back, midfield, up front, both wings throughout the game. Not to say he was perfect but if he's not interested what does that make MaGennis, Buckley, Taylor etc?

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

O'Neill was excellent.

The two Everton kids - proper committed. Proper pros the pair of em.

Agreed. Ive been quietly impressed with Connelly. Although we won't see either of them next season assuming its a new manager and a lower division.

2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Players looked hungry today.

That's because we played against a team we can compete with. Haven't lost to a bottom 7 side yet, or Birmingham. No more hungry than in any other games but it helps if the opposition don't rip through you half a dozen times in the 1st half.

14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

No problem with the O'Neill comment but how was Sammi not interested? Involved at the back, midfield, up front, both wings throughout the game. Not to say he was perfect but if he's not interested what does that make MaGennis, Buckley, Taylor etc?

I thought sami came to life in the second half, Magennis was as usual cack!! 

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

Aye, I noticed that too. It's a shame he's getting on a bit, I think he likes being here. Always gives his best.

I think his emotion was heightened because he was captain. I noticed his nolanesque habit of telling the others what to do whilst being poor himself. Not sure why O'Neill isn't captain, or Beevers really. Taylor tries hard but out of his depth.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Aye, thought he was lively today and more often than not the best chance of creating something or making something happen up top

Him and Magennis over dropping him for Donaldson and Magennis every time

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think his emotion was heightened because he was captain. I noticed his nolanesque habit of telling the others what to do whilst being poor himself. Not sure why O'Neill isn't captain, or Beevers really. Taylor tries hard but out of his depth.

Taylor isnt good enough for this league but he is our best left back

partly blame for the Millwall goal

1 hour ago, QFPants said:

Chuffed to bits!

I'm chuffed to bits too. But I seriously can't see how anyone could pick Buckley over Noone. Workrate, crossing, shooting, 6 out of 10 for Noone, 3 for Buckley. As poor a 1st team player as I can recall since Trotter and Thorpe.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm chuffed to bits too. But I seriously can't see how anyone could pick Buckley over Noone. Workrate, crossing, shooting, 6 out of 10 for Noone, 3 for Buckley. As poor a 1st team player as I can recall since Trotter and Thorpe.

totally agree with you

Buckley fucked up big time at Swansea which led to their first goal when should have scored

That miss today was attrocious

No one for me every time

13 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Taylor isnt good enough for this league but he is our best left back

partly blame for the Millwall goal

Bit harsh re the goal, on another day it flicks away for a throw in or has a bit more behind it and goes for a goal kick. I’d be more inclined to point the finger at Beevers who was left in no man’s land and should have been a bit sharper to try and get a touch on the cross one way or another.