Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V MILLWALL

Ratwhite

Ken has just walked away for me, he will be quite happy to let the club die unless he gets what he wants and there is no way the basran group is going to do that. They should just shut the place up now and let's get on with it. This is a absolute soap opera with no happy ending. To follow a club all your life and watch it die a slow death like this is heartbreaking but until Ken takes some responsibility for all this then for me it's over. 

• Site Supporter

Are we breaching FA / Football League rules for not fulfilling fixtures due to these issues that could result in further disciplinary action?

Not a clu myself but cant see us getting away with this

Penalty for Non-Fulfilment of Fixture Obligations

Any Club failing to fulfil its fixture obligations in respect of any match under the jurisdiction of The League on the appointed date or dates or causing The League to suspend any fixture shall be deemed guilty of misconduct, unless the circumstances giving rise to such failure are outside the control of the Club and could not have been reasonably foreseen or reasonably anticipated and remedied prior to the match. Every Club shall carry out regular and appropriate maintenance and checks to ensure that its safety certificate is not suspended or withdrawn.

The Club failing to fulfil its fixture or causing The League to suspend such fixture shall be liable to pay compensation for any expenses actually incurred by the opposing Club as a direct result of the failure or suspension. The amount of compensation will be at the discretion of the Board who will consider every such case on its merits. The Board may refer the amount of compensation to be paid to the Disciplinary Commission dealing with the misconduct by the Club failing to fulfil its fixture or causing The League to suspend the same.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, darrener said:

Ken has just walked away for me, he will be quite happy to let the club die unless he gets what he wants and there is no way the basran group is going to do that. They should just shut the place up now and let's get on with it. This is a absolute soap opera with no happy ending. To follow a club all your life and watch it die a slow death like this is heartbreaking but until Ken takes some responsibility for all this then for me it's over. 

No doubt someone will be along soon to clarify; but I would have thought that there is some sort of legal protection in that scenario.

If he croaked it for example (natural causes of course!) then his estate would have to deal with it, which you'd presume would mean it passing to those who were owed money.

Would imagine if he walked away, then there would be a process whereby someone could legally take over.

Come on you business expert types; what would happen?

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

The staff on matchday, by and large, aren't dependant on their BWFC wages to live. Stewards, turnstile operators, etc., are mostly either working as an extra income or are retired. 

Whilst there is the danger they're just compounding the money owed to themselves I'm not convinced they won't eventually get paid. It wouldn't stop me going to work to ensure the game goes ahead.

Could be more to it than just wages. If the police aren't going to turn up, or at least, not a full complement of officers to man the fort - vs Millwall - you can probably imagine the stewards aren't best pleased. Potentially overworked, not paid and could get a good twatting in the process.

17 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Potentially overworked, not paid and could get a good twatting in the process.

‘Bout all they deserve according to some!

6 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

KA is a first class cunt no doubt but the 'fuck the anderson brigade' may have a lot to do with this. He has no love for BWFC, never has and never will, the anger against him has made him say fuck you lot.

Cant wait to see the end of all this mess.

I’ve made no secret of my dislike for the bloke and I was never supportive of the demonstrations.

As a great man once said:

”You don’t catch a snake by running and screaming into the long grass” Kipling.

Thats Mr. not Rudyard.

1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

KA is a first class cunt no doubt but the 'fuck the anderson brigade' may have a lot to do with this. He has no love for BWFC, never has and never will, the anger against him has made him say fuck you lot.

They wanted him to just fuck off, he has, now what do we do? 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

What do you think would've happened if the vocal protestors had kept silent? That he would've paid the bills?

6 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Years ago, at last orders , loads of people would go for a meal & quite a lot of pisspots would shout abuse at the waiters. To me, it always seemed like a bad idea to insult somebody who was in a position to spit into your curry.  

:lol:, makes me wanna start a thread about Bolton Indian restaurants of the 70s & 80s.

Just now, Whitestar said:

::lol::, makes me wanna start a thread about Bolton Indian restaurants of the 70s & 80s.

Early 70's me and my mate tried to sneak out of the Indian across the road from the cromwellian nightclub (think thats what it was called) about 2.30am and a bouncer turned up 5 minutes before we were going to do a runner. Made us take of our coats until we got a taxi home and back with the money. Never tried that again