Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
jules_darby

Amazon Fire for Kids / Prime

Recommended Posts

Evening

We've bought a “Fire for Kids” tablet for Junior and my missus has a Prime account with kids movies on that aren’t on whatever that tablet searches. 

Anyone any idea if you can link Prime to it or somethings owe can access that content for him?

Ta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a read of reviews on amazon

Doesn't look like you can access prime

I think you can get at netflix

I've only ever handled one fire and it was an absolute pain as it didn't allow access to most android stuff

Looks good from the point of view of being kid friendly 're bumps and bangs but doesn't have a lot else going for it

I've got a version one nexus you can have if it's just for the lad to use but doubt it would take kindly to being dropped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there's Fire for Kids Unlimited that has loads of content if it can't link to Prime, but they really should be compatible, surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2019 at 23:08, Casino said:

Just had a read of reviews on amazon

Doesn't look like you can access prime

I think you can get at netflix

I've only ever handled one fire and it was an absolute pain as it didn't allow access to most android stuff

Looks good from the point of view of being kid friendly 're bumps and bangs but doesn't have a lot else going for it

I've got a version one nexus you can have if it's just for the lad to use but doubt it would take kindly to being dropped

Thanks fellas, he’ll just have to go with what’s on it 👍🏻👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 05/03/2019 at 22:48, jules_darby said:

Evening

We've bought a “Fire for Kids” tablet for Junior and my missus has a Prime account with kids movies on that aren’t on whatever that tablet searches. 

Anyone any idea if you can link Prime to it or somethings owe can access that content for him?

Ta

Maybe de-register it from whatever account its under then re-register it in your wifes account .. ? would work..

then i think you can parental control it from there. 

or , you can google-ify it too with google play (and whatever) if you follow guides on the internet (involves installing Various APK files) 

heres two guides-

https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

https://www.saintlad.com/install-google-play-store-on-kindle-fire/

its that long ago that i did it, but i think i used the first guide.. and things have to match (with version numbers, etc) else it might not work.. it worked for me, but the fire tablet matched the example in the guide. 

TBH , once you do the -

Settings > Security and enable “Apps from Unknown Sources”. 

bit, you can just find and run apps and stuff from anywhere you can find them.

for instance, this claims to be the Youtube for kids app-- https://youtube-kids.en.uptodown.com/android/download/

So even if you cant do all the "install google play on an amazon fire" steps , at least it opens it up for more stuff than the amazonappstore .. 

you might have to watch out for fakes , but the link to the youtube kids app above is probably OK.. 

bit of a pain in the neck, mainly because you have to update the apps manually , but better than nowt.

just being able to dump the amazon silk browser for proper chrome or firefox, is worth it. imo. 

OK

Edited by e2e4
changed wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/03/2019 at 20:42, e2e4 said:

Maybe de-register it from whatever account its under then re-register it in your wifes account .. ? would work..

then i think you can parental control it from there. 

or , you can google-ify it too with google play (and whatever) if you follow guides on the internet (involves installing Various APK files) 

heres two guides-

https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

https://www.saintlad.com/install-google-play-store-on-kindle-fire/

its that long ago that i did it, but i think i used the first guide.. and things have to match (with version numbers, etc) else it might not work.. it worked for me, but the fire tablet matched the example in the guide. 

TBH , once you do the -

Settings > Security and enable “Apps from Unknown Sources”. 

bit, you can just find and run apps and stuff from anywhere you can find them.

for instance, this claims to be the Youtube for kids app-- https://youtube-kids.en.uptodown.com/android/download/

So even if you cant do all the "install google play on an amazon fire" steps , at least it opens it up for more stuff than the amazonappstore .. 

you might have to watch out for fakes , but the link to the youtube kids app above is probably OK.. 

bit of a pain in the neck, mainly because you have to update the apps manually , but better than nowt.

just being able to dump the amazon silk browser for proper chrome or firefox, is worth it. imo. 

OK

Many thanks

sorted now but appreciate the effort in your reply :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks. 

you never know , it might come in handy later.

The " install apps from unknown sources " is a good tip that works on most android based tablets. 

maybe you already did that. 

i know amazon and google had a falling out and youtube kind of doesnt work right on these fire devices , unless you piss about.. spoiling tactics and one-upping one another. its kind of daft.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.