Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

QPR away

radcliffe white

29 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

In fairness I was only an occasional attendee at that time because of work and family, and I attended that game purely in respect of it being the first game since Nat’s death. 

Genuine respect for that. I would be surprised if anybody under about 35 would feel that way which takes away a huge proportion of any club's support. I don't generally miss home games, and I was present for Nats funeral procession, but I wouldn't have paid for that game if I didn't have a season ticket. A sell out was never an option but no disgrace in that.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Genuine respect for that. I would be surprised if anybody under about 35 would feel that way which takes away a huge proportion of any club's support. I don't generally miss home games, and I was present for Nats funeral procession, but I wouldn't have paid for that game if I didn't have a season ticket. A sell out was never an option but no disgrace in that.

I wouldn't have gone normally as it was on telly and far too late home to Yorkshire for the nipper on a school night. Went for one reason only. Poor show that relatively few others that wouldn't normally have gone could be arsed making the effort.

You're right in what you're saying, and the attendance shows it. Still shit in my book though.

At least the shambles on the pitch allowed us to bail early and get home earlier than we should have.

13 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Bloody hell, how old do you think I am?! 😀

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, tshape said:

Not stopped smiling since the final whistle. Brilliant day out in the big smoke ENHANCED by the football for once. Had a fiver on 2-1 at 16/1 too. Can't beat days like today. Buzzing.

Fucking great...👍

42 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Always have been even before the Saudi money. Anyone who disagrees is a cunt. Fact 

Play great football. Big admirer of them. 

Still takes a quality manager with the right players to get it right 

I'm also quite proud that the 'yoof' minesweeped the train in Manchester, under instructions from the 'old guard' & apparently picked up clothing, beer & electronic devices that people had left behind!

God knows what would've happened if they'd landed in the wrong hands!

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

City fans are cunts

8 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Always have been even before the Saudi money. Anyone who disagrees is a cunt. Fact 

9 hours ago, Barnstoneworth White said:

Nah, the ones we spoke to were ok once we had patronised them 😎

:D

Great day out .

It just shows that if we can score first with a midfield of battlers like O'Neil, Williams & Connolly, we've got a good chance of hanging on & we could have scored more in our best spell around the 2nd goal as QPR had to push forward. It also helps when Ameobi has one of his better games !! The problem comes when we go behind & don't have the guile to break a team down & can very rarely come back.

Hurrah.

• Site Supporter

A shout out for Magennis. That header for that lead to the first was outstanding. Had to stretch back a little, hold off a challenge and still get adequate power to clear the keeper.

Still reckon he'll score more if we supply crosses, rather than just punt it long and high.

Our 2nd goal yesterday shows how Parky’s previous pragmatism has been a problem...

Ameobi’s shot wasn’t unusual, but having 3 players lined up for the follow up was. Most season they’d have been stood in the centre circle.

Kudos to our scrapping scousers; been missing a bit of that.

Top day, great to see good folk that I haven’t in ages. some excellent footwear on show too :D

15 hours ago, Escobarp said:

You are talking of the team not the fans 

Totally misread the post! Oops!

I've been having sick waves today. Big walk seems to have put me right now.

Need to find the highlights and see what I missed!! 

Managed to get lost outside the ground, had 0% on my phone and wandered around aimlessly for some time!! Not very grown up of me. And that's why I do one away game a season now! Ended up playing killer in some pub in Warwick.

Edited by Smiley

Spent the entire match under the stand boozing and chatting. We were 1-0 up so thought it would be bad luck if I went to my seat. Only went up top when the final whistle came.

Superb day, from beginning to the end. City fans on our train back bit off more than the could chew. Good sports nonetheless.

Edited by Underpants