Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Finding Someone - Any Advice??

MancWanderer

Just wondering if anyone on here has any hints or tips on finding someone?

I have an older half-brother who I haven't seen since 1986

As a kid growing up he wasn't around much and I just knew a hippy who would turn up every now and again, smoke a load of resin and then disappear for months or a couple of years

My Brother and Mum aren't interested as he lost touch and didn't know that both his Dad and Sister died and as far as they are concerned he can fuck off but I'm still curious

He has a flat in Camden that my nephew found but the tenant doesn't know him and the letting agency won't give any details for obvious reasons

Fairly sure that he followed the Whites at games in London in the late 70's and 80's, when he wasn't on the hippy trail or bumming around Australia, the USA and Holland, but wouldn't have been part of any supporters group or owt

Don't think that he's deliberately hiding. He's always been the same. Disappears and then suddenly turns up but it's been a while now to say the least

Any advice welcome.........that doesn't cost loads....

• Site Supporter

Although the letting agent won't give details of the landlord's contact details, why don't you ask them to pass your details to him? That way, assuming they will, you will know if he wants contact with his old family by his response.

Failing that, Jeremy Kyle or Surprise Surprise.

Cheers so far. Nephew left his details with the letting agent a few years ago but not heard anything back

Electoral roll shows him in Camden but it's the flat that he rents out

Social media is a dead end. He'd be 65 now (assuming that he's still alive - no death records for him) - he's not on any of them as far as I can see and he's not the type to get involved with all that from what I know of him

Weirdly, the last time that I saw him was down to the fact that one of his relatives had died - someone related to my Dad's first wife from the 1940's. Don't know if many on here remember the "Wills of The Week" that used to appear in The News of The World but somebody posted a cutting to my Mum and Dad that was asking the whereabouts of him and his sister. My Mum remembered the name of his best mate, a big ginger hippy that had been raised by his grandmother, and went through the Bolton phone book and found the grandmother and got in touch that way. Unfortunately, she can't remember his surname. I remember he was called Philip which is so frustrating as if we knew his surname I could ask on here if anyone knew him

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Why don’t you leave a message with the letting agents with your details? Then he can contact you and the letting agent isn’t giving up his details. 

Am I on fucking ignore? :unknw::D

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Just wondering if anyone on here has any hints or tips on finding someone?

I have an older half-brother who I haven't seen since 1986

As a kid growing up he wasn't around much and I just knew a hippy who would turn up every now and again, smoke a load of resin and then disappear for months or a couple of years

My Brother and Mum aren't interested as he lost touch and didn't know that both his Dad and Sister died and as far as they are concerned he can fuck off but I'm still curious

He has a flat in Camden that my nephew found but the tenant doesn't know him and the letting agency won't give any details for obvious reasons

Fairly sure that he followed the Whites at games in London in the late 70's and 80's, when he wasn't on the hippy trail or bumming around Australia, the USA and Holland, but wouldn't have been part of any supporters group or owt

Don't think that he's deliberately hiding. He's always been the same. Disappears and then suddenly turns up but it's been a while now to say the least

Any advice welcome.........that doesn't cost loads....

38 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Danny G's sister used to do this.  I don't know if she still does.

I wanted to find my step-Grandad. My mum and him didn't really get on. But he was great with my sister and me. He upped sticks and moved to either Eastbourne or Bournemouth in the 80s. Odds are he's passed away now, but he may still be alive. I did use Danny Gs sister when she was doing that locating thing, but the trail just went dry. Sometimes that's just the way it happens.

Just now, MancWanderer said:

Classic WWays thread gone off topic as ever

You bunch of of arseholes :D

I love you long time........

Stop being a left wing mincer and try Ancestry.co.uk :D

Found out via that,I’m from Native American blood and got living  cousins from the Mohawk tribe in the Bay of Quinte.

First one to say “how” will get scalped.......