1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

Ha ha, good point 

Slippers round the house are a must, bare foot is out the equation 

NHS online says

overweight folks from 40-60

You’re far too young!

• Site Supporter

Well slippers do help.

However, so far two applications of cbd ointment and definitely some pain reduction. Swelling and heat eased a little.

Might try the stronger concoction she bought next.

Been walking like a sedated ape, hopefully will improve.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

aye, it sounds grim

I thought it was just about the bottom of your foot being sore when you got up and tried to walk first thing

that sounds like something else has gone wrong to me

It is, but more permanent. Just recently one foot just got worse. That said, walking dogs and pushing mowers about doesn't really give them a break.

I presumed the reddish bruising was just a bit of leakage from the plantar area from continually being worked. Also found my toes curling downwards- an involuntary movement to reduce pain when walking.

In all seriousness, this cbd based stuff genuinely does seem to be working. The Mrs, heard a couple of tales from people about how it had had wonderful results for their issues. Seems a very powerful anti-inflammatory.

Where's Kent when you need him?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It is, but more permanent. Just recently one foot just got worse. That said, walking dogs and pushing mowers about doesn't really give them a break.

I presumed the reddish bruising was just a bit of leakage from the plantar area from continually being worked. Also found my toes curling downwards- an involuntary movement to reduce pain when walking.

In all seriousness, this cbd based stuff genuinely does seem to be working. The Mrs, heard a couple of tales from people about how it had had wonderful results for their issues. Seems a very powerful anti-inflammatory.

Where's Kent when you need him?

In all seriousness it sounds like you're turning into gollum or something

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Which one have you tried?

Ambience. 50mg cbd. In a white tub in a cardboard box. £12.

She also bought some stronger stuff from the vape store next to boots in the arndale. Not tried it yet. £40 for 57g of stuff, contains 150mg of cbd.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Wouldn't be for everyone but if you'd rather smoke/dry vape you can buy it online in flower form with no THC in so you don't get high you just get the effects of the CBD. 

Given the medication I'm on, and the years of strife previously, there's no way I'll smoke anything.

A topical application onto the affected area will do for me. Voltarol etc have done jack shit, but this does seem to be helping a bit.

• 1 year later...

It’s back, again 

Assuming it’s related to running again, as I have ramped up in recent weeks / months 

Need to get some custom insoles for my running trainers to help support the arch of my foot when running 

What's the running place called that does the gait analysis? 

• Members
2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

It’s back, again 

Assuming it’s related to running again, as I have ramped up in recent weeks / months 

Need to get some custom insoles for my running trainers to help support the arch of my foot when running 

Without going through the thread Birch what’s the issue?

2 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

It’s back, again 

Tobutts at Astley bridge

8 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Without going through the thread Birch what’s the issue?

Plantar fasciitis 

Got it 5 years ago after walking round Rome with rubbish shoes on. Has come back intermittently ever since, usually linked to when I ramp up the running 

I need to warm up and down a lot more than I do, hard finding the time when I’m already squeezing a run in. Don’t think a new pair of trainers have helped, need to get my hair done again and she’ll out for the custom insoles to protect the arch of my foot 

Physio will help but god knows when they are going to be open 

It’s driving me more and more towards cycling as that doesn’t give me any issues