Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

NZ Shootings

bolty58

51 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You can't unsee something like that.

true, but to be honest, I think I've become quite immune to it. I watched both videos, and thought "meh" and then went and made a cup of tea and then set about doing a bit of work

maybe I need to go and see someone

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

true, but to be honest, I think I've become quite immune to it. I watched both videos, and thought "meh" and then went and made a cup of tea and then set about doing a bit of work

maybe I need to go and see someone

Aye, some fucker with a big gun!

13 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:
The opinion of the Senator for Queensland

"The real cause of bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration program which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place"

blimey....although in all fairness, he is an actual out and out Nazi, and he's not ashamed to admit it

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Please remove that shite.....

No don't.

Stuff like this needs to be debated. 

By preventing debate, complete fucking nutters like this just get more oxygen.

It's so typical that common sense and a middle ground approach seems to get lost when these events occur.

2 hours ago, briannz said:

4 have been arrested 3 men 1 woman.Went into 2 mosques and opened fire on women kids and anyone else who was .there,they say they were right wing white supremacy.

Their cars also had IED`s attatched to they managed to de arm them.

Never thought out like this would happen here it’s tragic.

NZ seems to be a tolerant, easy going country which makes this attack more shocking. Have there been any problems from, or ill feeling towards, the muslim population ?

& i certainly won't be watching the video.

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No don't.

Stuff like this needs to be debated. 

By preventing debate, complete fucking nutters like this just get more oxygen.

It's so typical that common sense and a middle ground approach seems to get lost when these events occur.

Perhaps so, but this is not the time or place IMHO. 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agreed. The link is useful, for providing a bit of context and perhaps feeling in the region.

Beyond that, discussion is for another time.

I don't think it is - an offensive right wing extremist politician from Australia taking a moment of opportunism does not represent NZ. 

3 hours ago, briannz said:

4 have been arrested 3 men 1 woman.Went into 2 mosques and opened fire on women kids and anyone else who was .there,they say they were right wing white supremacy.

Their cars also had IED`s attatched to they managed to de arm them.

Never thought out like this would happen here it’s tragic.

I’ve just been reading about the gun laws in NZ and they appear to be quite relaxed. 

How relaxed are they mate? 

Just now, royal white said:

A teaching aid. If it’s just brushed under the table/deleted then how are we supposed to educate others? 

Its more dangerous to spread the views of a man who was thrown out of his party for publicly calling for a "final solution" to the "Islam problem". I'm not convinced we should bother with people like him. What we need to do is avoid those who are too easily influenced (like the terrorists today potentially) from coming across these sorts of extreme views. We are in danger in this world to allowing these sorts of blatant racists becoming legitimised and one of the ways that happens is allowing their voice a wide platform...social media echo chambers clearly a big contributor here. 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Its more dangerous to spread the views of a man who was thrown out of his party for publicly calling for a "final solution" to the "Islam problem". I'm not convinced we should bother with people like him. What we need to do is avoid those who are too easily influenced (like the terrorists today potentially) from coming across these sorts of extreme views. We are in danger in this world to allowing these sorts of blatant racists becoming legitimised and one of the ways that happens is allowing their voice a wide platform...social media echo chambers clearly a big contributor here. 

It’s all over the MSM. It’s hardly a secret 

• Site Supporter

He's not a lefty, righty, commie, hippie or anything, he's a fucking lunatic.

Just the same as anyone who goes on a shooting spree.

If it wasn't muslims he'd got worked up about, the chances are he'd have eventually shot someone.

Same as all terrorists, they're utter crackpots who've just found a conduit for their mentalism.