Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 is back

MancWanderer

Suppose to be going to the F1 GP in Budapest end of July, let the tickets roll over to next year, now debating if to go or now, all depends on easyJet and they not letting people know on cancellation until a week before flight 

Also thinking doing the Formula E again in Monaco next year, was really good last year.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Elson said:

Suppose to be going to the F1 GP in Budapest end of July, let the tickets roll over to next year, now debating if to go or now, all depends on easyJet and they not letting people know on cancellation until a week before flight 

Also thinking doing the Formula E again in Monaco next year, was really good last year.

What's the noise like with those electric cars- sounds extremely screechy on the television, does it not become too much after a while?

In Cleanly ran races this year ferrari won’t be within 30 seconds of merc. Going to be a procession in most races which makes it a bit dull with only Red Bull likely to even get close to winning a race imo and then will be on certain tracks and due to mechanical failures possibly. 

• Site Supporter

Seemed a bit harsh on Hamilton to me, looked like a racing incident but he took it on the cin. That said, really chuffed for Norris to get on the podium.

Good to see McLaren getting up there again, I hope Williams can find some pace soon as I fear for their survival. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Great race. Roll on the same track next weekend

Shame Verstappen retired. Hamilton 50:50 but there you go. So happy for Norris and McLaren - showing some pace today. Shame Williams didn’t nab a point

Vettel’s given up

I feel for Vettel. But he’s a loose cannon and Ferrari obviously want a younger team.

He could cause some right carnage this year with his attitude.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

I feel for Vettel. But he’s a loose cannon and Ferrari obviously want a younger team.

He could cause some right carnage this year with his attitude.

Vettel’s spat his dummy. Been coming since he brake-tested Hamilton that time. He knows he’s on the down slope. Should have done a Rosberg and bowed out at the right time. Yeah his attitude could cause problems this year. 

11 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Vettel’s spat his dummy. Been coming since he brake-tested Hamilton that time. He knows he’s on the down slope. Should have done a Rosberg and bowed out at the right time. Yeah his attitude could cause problems this year. 

Agree with you on Vettel, he's a petulant fucker and has always had moments like that. I do quite like him out of the car though. 

I don't see Rosberg as having left at the right time though. To me it looked like he cut and ran as he knew things had aligned very well for him the year he won, LH had a few engine issues and breakdowns if my memory is correct, and he wasn't up for the fight to prove it wasn't a one off, bottled it if you like. That's how I saw it anyway. 

4 hours ago, jimmyjoojar said:

Can’t say I’m looking forward to that. As good a driver he is, he’s also a massive arsehole. 

Cue another season of him whinging about his below par car.

Aye. Was a fantastic driver once. They’d be better hiring Marcos Alonso 💣

• Members
1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

He is exceptional in the rain. Max was good too but lucky he didn't total his car when he lost it.

Pity there is no rain forecast for tomorrow, would have been fun!

He’ll undoubtedly be in the conversation of greatest of all time and Schumacher Senna will be there as well, but Lewis in the wet, there is no one close it’s incredible 

Love watching them all wrestle with the cars to keep em in line in those conditions. Definitely sorts the men from the boys. Master class from Hamilton, Max lucky to not get wrapped round that pit entrance. Belting entertainment.