Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 is back

MancWanderer

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Radio saying track is really poor, makes for a dull race.

Didn't see it, but what do folk think?

Not great for overtaking but I sensed it was very much an end of term race. Everything decided, fatigue probably setting in. Guess they all just wanted a quiet race and get home for a break.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Very picturesque but dull as dishwater. 

This.

I am hoping next year will be closer.  Mainly because the rules aren't that much different to this year just a bit less downforce.  Red Bull have improved and Ferrari will have a better engine (the cheating cunts have probably found another hidden way of cheating the dirty red cheats)

I really hope McLaren can keep up their progress too, the more in the mix the better!

• Members
2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

This.

I am hoping next year will be closer.  Mainly because the rules aren't that much different to this year just a bit less downforce.  Red Bull have improved and Ferrari will have a better engine (the cheating cunts have probably found another hidden way of cheating the dirty red cheats)

I really hope McLaren can keep up their progress too, the more in the mix the better!

The thing is Merc seem to be really far ahead, especially with reliability, even this year when they all thought they caught up, Merc then had that new moveable steering wheel. Seem to have the jump on everyone 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The thing is Merc seem to be really far ahead, especially with reliability, even this year when they all thought they caught up, Merc then had that new moveable steering wheel. Seem to have the jump on everyone 

Make the best kit and recruit the best 😁

Dull race but happy that Max rounded the season off with a win. He deserved it

Next season? Merc. Hamilton to shatter all records and then retire. Bottas to go as well after another 2nd. 2022 to see Perez and Russell at Merc. YHIHF

2021 imo will see McLaren properly push Red Bull for 2nd unless Red Bull replace Albon.

Ferrari. Nah. Development year but could be strong in 2022

2020 summary. Brilliant year. New tracks. Fantastic midfield racing. Great to see racing at lower temperatures later in the year with different weather rather than constant sun and heat. Loved it. Best year imo for a while. 

1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

Dull race but happy that Max rounded the season off with a win. He deserved it

Next season? Merc. Hamilton to shatter all records and then retire. Bottas to go as well after another 2nd. 2022 to see Perez and Russell at Merc. YHIHF

2021 imo will see McLaren properly push Red Bull for 2nd unless Red Bull replace Albon.

Ferrari. Nah. Development year but could be strong in 2022

2020 summary. Brilliant year. New tracks. Fantastic midfield racing. Great to see racing at lower temperatures later in the year with different weather rather than constant sun and heat. Loved it. Best year imo for a while. 

Only time Perez will drive a merc is if he buys an s class or a sprinter van. 

wait and see re Ferrari you may well be very surprised 

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Only time Perez will drive a merc is if he buys an s class or a sprinter van. 

wait and see re Ferrari you may well be very surprised 

His comments about not worrying about not having a drive in 2021 but will be back in 2022. Racing Point. Merc. Seems obvious to me. He’s replacing Bottas

Ferrari? For me it’s still a no for next year. They are a fuck up on the whole team front. No decent management. Need a year to work it all through and get a decent car/team managed through races and a season

1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

His comments about not worrying about not having a drive in 2021 but will be back in 2022. Racing Point. Merc. Seems obvious to me. He’s replacing Bottas

Ferrari? For me it’s still a no for next year. They are a fuck up on the whole team front. No decent management. Need a year to work it all through and get a decent car/team managed through races and a season

Having vettel there this season was a huge issue I think. In testing they knew they were miles off. But have just accepted and it, and I believe spent all their time and efforts on this new engine upgrade. They are bullish. Might be bullshit.

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Having vettel there this season was a huge issue I think. In testing they knew they were miles off. But have just accepted and it, and I believe spent all their time and efforts on this new engine upgrade. They are bullish. Might be bullshit.

I agree totally pal. This new engine upgrade might be good but they desperately need to sort out their management. You might as well put KwikFit in charge of them and they’d do better. They need a Toto figurehead in charge otherwise all the development is wasted. Their strategy is shite. Their driver management is shite. And their race management is fucking appalling. They need a year to bed in I reckon

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I agree totally pal. This new engine upgrade might be good but they desperately need to sort out their management. You might as well put KwikFit in charge of them and they’d do better. They need a Toto figurehead in charge otherwise all the development is wasted. Their strategy is shite. Their driver management is shite. And their race management is fucking appalling. They need a year to bed in I reckon

This. Red Bull and Mercedes are miles ahead in that regard.

7 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I’m biased as I’m a Ferrari fan and think them not being at the top table competing just isn’t F1. 

I just don’t have much to shout about currently unfortunately. I’m also a massive fan of le clerc and think he’s an exceptional driver. 

I like merc for obvious reasons but other than that they’re just well Germanic. Awfully efficient and generally good at everything they do. 

If I was to nail my colours to the mast I’m a McLaren fan. I just loved the Senna/Prost days and that red and white race car. It’s the epitome of F1

Their development over the last few years has been incredible. Norris and Ricciardo next year will be interesting 

I’ll also always keep an eye on Williams. Mansell, Piquet, enough said

But the next season or so. Go on Lewis. Smash the fuck out of all the records. GOAT!!

On 13/12/2020 at 23:13, MancWanderer said:

If I was to nail my colours to the mast I’m a McLaren fan. I just loved the Senna/Prost days and that red and white race car. It’s the epitome of F1

Their development over the last few years has been incredible. Norris and Ricciardo next year will be interesting 

I’ll also always keep an eye on Williams. Mansell, Piquet, enough said

But the next season or so. Go on Lewis. Smash the fuck out of all the records. GOAT!!

It was the worst race ever , boring

thats why I quit watching in the Schumacher days

However the highlight of the day as always this year has been Norris

ya gotta love this kid 

albon , what a stuffy little brat

russell , can only get better

leclerc , will get better with age

i detested verstappen but then again I wasn’t a great fan of his dad

but the lad has matured and I was chuffed for him this weekend

• Site Supporter

I don't agree with the Albon hate but he hasn't performed for sure this year.

Perez deserves a drive.

Russell is class, expect him in a decent car in 2022.

Chuffed for Norris, he is laugh and a good driver, hopefully he can step up in the coming years.

I am hoping Vettell has a half decent car next year too, he still has the ability to show the younger ones how to drive.

Worst race ever? Not by a country mile

Albon. Very, very good driver but in the wrong car. He needs to be in a midfield car and scrapping to show his class. He’ll go no further 

Max? He’s next champion

LeClerc? Get the feeling that he will flatter to deceive. Good driver but no race craft. Too reckless and makes bad decisions 

Norris? In time he will be second to Max

Russell? Should be at Merc very soon but I’ll bet now that it never happens and he’ll lose out. Perez will take the seat and paste him

Outside bet is Danny Ric. Might not win the title but will nab a few podiums

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Perez has replaced Albon at Red Bull. Good move I think

Agreed.

Pleased for Perez. Always thought Albon wasn’t good enough.

Max probably won’t be happy, he’s got some real competition now

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Arise Sir Lewis 

I don’t count F1 as a sport and I’m no fan but you can’t knock the man’s achievements.

can’t wait for the “I’m not racist but” mental gymnastics from folks who will be racing to justify why he shouldn’t get it despite being, what, the most successful in his field ever or something?

”knight the car” or summat 🤣