Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 is back

MancWanderer

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Red Bull by a mile the best car in that race. 

Yep. But those pesky Krauts are superb at strategy and Max isn’t quite there yet as a complete driver. The way Hamilton managed that last stint was simply brilliant.

Hopefully Red Bull will learn from today and make this a brilliant season

Well chuffed for Norris as well. Superb drive

Vettel as ever a complete dick. He didn’t change his line, you did you fucking moron

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not been watching, what caused Hamilton to drop back?

Just watched the highlights, dropped it into the gravel himself on the brakes. 

Great race, over the moon for Lando. Hoping he can keep this up over the season, like the lad a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
16 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Lewis. Supreme

But……will go to the wire this one. Can see Max pushing him all the way

Midfield is interesting. Norris ahead of Bottas in the standings. Would love to see him win one this year. Silverstone would be epic

Max’s naivety vs Lewis experience will show Lewis to come out on top 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Max’s naivety vs Lewis experience will show Lewis to come out on top 

Yeah it will probably happen but Max is seconds behind Lewis. Seconds. I’ve every faith in Merc but any mistake and he’s ready to jump on it

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Norris is quality.

Be interesting to see him in Bottas’ car

Tbh I’m getting bored of Bottas now. He shows nothing. That should have been a Merc 1-2 shoe in. It’s just excuses every race. The set-up is wrong, the tyres are wrong, the software has gone wrong, blah fucking blah. Sorry Valteri but give the seat up to someone who will race the fucking car rather than just sit there knowing you have a fast car and cruise around in 3rd

• Members
9 hours ago, Spider said:

Norris is quality.

Be interesting to see him in Bottas’ car

7 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Yeah it will probably happen but Max is seconds behind Lewis. Seconds. I’ve every faith in Merc but any mistake and he’s ready to jump on it

Tbh I’m getting bored of Bottas now. He shows nothing. That should have been a Merc 1-2 shoe in. It’s just excuses every race. The set-up is wrong, the tyres are wrong, the software has gone wrong, blah fucking blah. Sorry Valteri but give the seat up to someone who will race the fucking car rather than just sit there knowing you have a fast car and cruise around in 3rd

Ive said it before but he’s just not good enough, he just can’t get enough out of that car. Norris would be a great fit in the Merc. I suspect Lewis will have a big say in who replaces him. 

It will be Russell. Nailed on. Really hoping that Lando and McLaren get to Red Bull level by the end of this season and Lando is properly competing in 2022. As I’ve said before McLaren and Williams are my favourite teams. Would be brilliant to see one of them back at the top level 

On 03/05/2021 at 07:02, Rudy said:

Ive said it before but he’s just not good enough, he just can’t get enough out of that car. Norris would be a great fit in the Merc. I suspect Lewis will have a big say in who replaces him. 

On 03/05/2021 at 20:07, MancWanderer said:

It will be Russell. Nailed on. Really hoping that Lando and McLaren get to Red Bull level by the end of this season and Lando is properly competing in 2022. As I’ve said before McLaren and Williams are my favourite teams. Would be brilliant to see one of them back at the top level 

Unfortunately William’s  days may be over

its a shame but  them and Haas they’re a country mile behind the rest

Ferrari have been sussed for cheating

so it could be mcLaren’s year

Bottas’s days are numbered

he can’t defend 

must admit I loved Russell having a pop at him

Bottas is a sulk !!

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mona said:

Unfortunately William’s  days may be over

its a shame but  them and Haas they’re a country mile behind the rest

Ferrari have been sussed for cheating

so it could be mcLaren’s year

Bottas’s days are numbered

he can’t defend 

must admit I loved Russell having a pop at him

Bottas is a sulk !!

What's this about Ferrari? They have certainly surprised us with their pace this year.

Williams are behind but that P11 quali may give a slight glimmer of hope. Maybe I have to admit I am hoping against hope though.

40 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

The GOAT does it again, he just finds another level. 

As does the team. That call to bring him in for tyres was just superb. Fair play to him he never fails to give them the credit they deserve. Why did Red Bull not just pit Max immediately? 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

As does the team. That call to bring him in for tyres was just superb. Fair play to him he never fails to give them the credit they deserve. Why did Red Bull not just pit Max immediately? 

Think they knew they missed out but I agree, they should have told Max to blitz it and hope they do an amazing stop to avoid the undercut.

I still think Lewis would have won, the merc seemed to be kinder to the tyres than the redbull.

That's the thing, they work as a team better than any of the others and now Lewis is a lot older and wiser he has that edge over Max. That 1st corner was a typical example, a Lewis from a few years back they would have collided for sure but he backed off to stay in the race.