Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 is back

MancWanderer

11 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Think they knew they missed out but I agree, they should have told Max to blitz it and hope they do an amazing stop to avoid the undercut.

I still think Lewis would have won, the merc seemed to be kinder to the tyres than the redbull.

That's the thing, they work as a team better than any of the others and now Lewis is a lot older and wiser he has that edge over Max. That 1st corner was a typical example, a Lewis from a few years back they would have collided for sure but he backed off to stay in the race.

Yep he backed off massively. I thought initially that he would drop down to 3rd or 4th he lost so much speed in the first corner but that’s him. He plays the long game so well. Bottas a bit of a dick not giving Lewis the place and forcing the overtake. Fairly sure Merc will be pissed off about ignoring clear team orders 

Midfield was boring for once and all the action was up at the front

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting finish to yesterday's qualifying. No way Leclerc did a "Schumacher" or a "Rosberg" though and did that on purpose like some are suggesting. Not heard yet whether it will cost him a gearbox change and penalty. 

Lewis clearly pissed off with his team as well, that doesn't happen very often recently. Let's hope for rain to make it a decent race rather than procession. 

Just now, Rudy said:

I’ll say it

Monaco is wank

Agreed. Even agreed to go out this afternoon and got a quizzical look my way as “but the Grand Prix is on”. 

if his gearbox is ok then it’s basically down to the pit stops and if they go ok can’t see le clerc not winning on a circuit is his hometown that he knows so well. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Agreed. Even agreed to go out this afternoon and got a quizzical look my way as “but the Grand Prix is on”. 

if his gearbox is ok then it’s basically down to the pit stops and if they go ok can’t see le clerc not winning on a circuit is his hometown that he knows so well. 

It’s too tight and narrow the corners are too slow, if you start on the front row and don’t end up on the podium something has gone horribly wrong 

• Site Supporter

It’s usually a dull race and all the chat is even more cringe as they waffle on about what is essentially a massive cock swinging competition for tax dodgers.

Rain would make it interesting but otherwise it’s generally a procession for the pole sitter

Utter shite. Didn’t watch it live. Out for the day and then let the FiL watch the Aguero wankfest and fast forwarded through the recording later

Caught the David Croft/Martin Brundle discussion about it during the race - basically you have to have a track like this at some point during the season for the variety

Fuck off. No you don’t. It’s shit. Not one overtake unless someone can correct me.

Simply an excuse for rich cunts in pink trousers to park big boats in a 1970s resort once a year

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Utter shite. Didn’t watch it live. Out for the day and then let the FiL watch the Aguero wankfest and fast forwarded through the recording later

Caught the David Croft/Martin Brundle discussion about it during the race - basically you have to have a track like this at some point during the season for the variety

Fuck off. No you don’t. It’s shit. Not one overtake unless someone can correct me.

Simply an excuse for rich cunts in pink trousers to park big boats in a 1970s resort once a year

Correct. There wasn’t a single yellow flag either. Dull as fuck.

Baku next, a proper street circuit.

13 hours ago, Spider said:

Correct. There wasn’t a single yellow flag either. Dull as fuck.

Baku next, a proper street circuit.

They should do Hulton Lane, St Helens Road, Deane Church Lane, Wigan Road in a loop.

• 1 month later...
  • Site Supporter

It looked pretty harsh on Lewis with it being 10 seconds but it was a big crash for Max. Can't help but think the stewards are looking for blame rather than accept racing incidents happen. For example the previous race was a joke with the penalties on drivers for 50/50 blame IMO.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

It looked pretty harsh on Lewis with it being 10 seconds but it was a big crash for Max. Can't help but think the stewards are looking for blame rather than accept racing incidents happen. For example the previous race was a joke with the penalties on drivers for 50/50 blame IMO.

Max moved out to give space, didnt back out 

Lewis saw the space didnt back out

Thats the racing we’ve been calling for