Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 is back

MancWanderer

11 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Well one requires athletes, because exercise is involved and they need to be super fit the other is darts. Which is basically a remedial lesson in counting backwards. 

It comes down to integrity of competition darts has more going off that farce - the fat man who chucks the best darts wins. What i saw was akin to WWF pageantry, they're "athletes" too.

• Members
1 minute ago, deane koontz said:

It comes down to integrity of competition darts has more going off that farce - the fat man who chucks the best darts wins. What i saw was akin to WWF pageantry, they're "athletes" too.

Yes they are. Well done. 

• Site Supporter

Sport: An activity that involves the use of skill and physical exertion.

Physical exertion.

Now on the one hand, I would agree that Adrian Lewis is nigh on popping a lung simply holding a dart up. And he sweats from blinking too quickly.

However, it's a pub game. You could put wanking down under this definition as the exertion is real, as is the skill of avoiding landing your muck on the wife's bedside cabinet.

I enjoy it, incidentally, but it's not a sport.

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Two reasons Phil Taylor wanted it changing from a sport to a pastime is to pay less tax. Oh and it’s not a sport. As much as I enjoy it

The moody fuckin manatee.

It makes my arm ache if I suddenly play for a while. Presumably some of these chaps and lasses have a really fit arm?

Can that not count.

• Members
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It makes my arm ache if I suddenly play for a while. Presumably some of these chaps and lasses have a really fit arm?

Can that not count.

Practice 3 hours a day polishing the trumpet 

On 13/12/2021 at 16:46, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's the law remember. 

No gray area whatsoever. 

If you don't support him, you're a racist. Simples.

That of course includes many F1 fans who have their favoured teams and drivers from all over the world.

Boogs went down this line the other day, and I didn't want to go down this road in this thread, but it's happened now sadly. Routine.

Hang about. I don't think I was calling anybody racist. I'm not one to come on here for accusations or arguments. There's a woman that lives with me for that. 

Granted, use of the word "fuckers" doesn't look great but I'd had a few and was still quite pissed off about the greatest F1 season in my adult life descending into utter farce on the last lap of the season. 

I'm the first to admit he can be a cock outside of F1, but in a car, he's just so fucking good at what he does you can't help but want him to win. 

👍